• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

More endings, more specimens, more -- uniqueness!

KillingDevin

Dec 12, 2009
I'm tired of it.

I can't tell you how tired I am of it.

"Hey guys, lets get this game going"

*All ready up*

Okay guys, it's wave 1 with the same monsters as the last map, oh look wave 2, same exact thing.

Okay guys! We made it to level 10! I wonder whats coming ne..oh that's right, this game only has 1 ending boss.

I want levels to be more random with more specimens, I don't like expecting the same specimen twice, and I certainly don't like the same ending over and over.

This game is more static than dynamic, which needs to change.

Don't you believe it would be more interesting if maps were more dynamic? Maybe cars move to different spots, shops switch to a different place, doors, houses, and offices will have different doors open at different times -- Always offering a different route to run away to if things get nasty or you need to heal.

Specimens -- Different bosses. I want to not be able to guess what specimen is coming in the next wave. Let's get way more specimens. Maybe some spawn in a game, maybe some dont. Maybe some spawn on a wave, maybe some dont. Maybe there just so happens to be a specimen that looks normal but developed a different power I don't know until my health is 5HP and I am wondering why the hell that specimen could run so fast and hit so hard.

People will always ask for more stuff.......

Dude, this is a 20$ game. Unless people from the community want to work on something as huge as this, it will never happen (and no one here will even dare to make it happen since you need some pretty good coders, black cheetah is busy and YoYoBatty is banned, modelers, animators, voice actors......).

You are not asking for uniqueness, but for randomness.

Upvote 0
A dynamic game is a unique game. Yes, it's a 20$ game. Why do you let that hold back what the community can do? If development goes farther, the game will be bought more. Even if this was a DLC for 30$ I would buy it. Money is what spikes more development. If you have nothing to say encouraging development, please stay out of my threads. This is the second one you have invaded encouraging negativity.

Upvote 0
Repeat of what every person says.

sounds like some crappy MMORPG or something.
I think KF is fine, it has waves for a reason.

However more bosses might be cool but what you don't understand is people get pwnt by the flesh pound easily. Excluding the crossbow and AA12.... (m14 maybe..) If those ever get nerfed people are going to start complaining the specimens are too over powered or that it shouldnt have a second boss :/ and that dynamic ****... don't complain to KF its the mappers. (No offense too them :p)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
A dynamic game is a unique game. Yes, it's a 20$ game. Why do you let that hold back what the community can do? If development goes farther, the game will be bought more. Even if this was a DLC for 30$ I would buy it. Money is what spikes more development. If you have nothing to say encouraging development, please stay out of my threads. This is the second one you have invaded encouraging negativity.

If i didnt encourage development of KF, i wouldnt have that signature btw. TWI is mostly done with KF. After the next update, they probably wont update it anymore for that kind of stuff since it made his job (give money for RO:HOS). You might want to pay 30$ for a DLC, but i'm pretty sure a lot of people wont buy it, it would also split the community and that's not what TWI want. Also that kind of dev. would completely change the retail version from the MOD (dont think Alex would really appreciate this). Finally, if you can't take criticism, you shouldnt be on a forum.

Upvote 0
People will always ask for more stuff.......

Dude, this is a 20$ game. Unless people from the community want to work on something as huge as this, it will never happen (and no one here will even dare to make it happen since you need some pretty good coders, black cheetah is busy and YoYoBatty is banned, modelers, animators, voice actors......).

You are not asking for uniqueness, but for randomness.

Waitwaitwait. Since when was he banned? And for what reason? O_O"

Upvote 0
KF is a game where monsters spawn in a random fashion although it follows rules according to difficulty and wave number. Randomness is guranteed through random spawns and full freedom in the maps, and is one thing that drew me to KF. Yes the usual camping spots get boring but thats why there's community maps. There's even story/mission maps for those who find the same spawn pattern gets old.

The idea of the map itself changing in terms of environment is a nice idea but the AI in this game relies on static paths, meaning the AI pathing would not be compatible with such a map. Imagine a car normally blocks an ally, but half way through the map you want the car to move so it doesn't block the ally anymore. Specimens would need a path down the ally, else it would be exploitable. But then when a path does exist, they try to go down it even when they are blocked by the car, making it exploitable. I don't like telling people ideas are impossible but I will say it isn't feasible with the way the AI and the UT2 engine works.

But 'heaps more types of enemies' and 'extra bosses' just sounds like 'i want more' - which is something that someone will say regardless of how much content there is. I agree with Olivier that the content and hours of play is fine for a $20 game.

Oh and one other thing don't try telling people to 'stay out of your thread' you make a thread in a public forum and open it to discussion, it no longer belongs to you. If it did you could delete posts like Olivers and mine and keep pretending your ideas are viable or even original

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Different waves would be better though.
AFAIK you can't change what spawns on what wave unless your in sandbox mode.
perhaps Wave 1-3 could be different, everything that spawns in those waves could be selected from a list: Crawlers, Clots, Bloats, Stalkers and Gorefasts.

Then wave 4+, add the husk to the list, 5+, add Siren, and add the others in the same fashion, so that each wave will select zeds from a list to randomly spawn.

Upvote 0
Different waves would be better though.
AFAIK you can't change what spawns on what wave unless your in sandbox mode.
perhaps Wave 1-3 could be different, everything that spawns in those waves could be selected from a list: Crawlers, Clots, Bloats, Stalkers and Gorefasts.

Then wave 4+, add the husk to the list, 5+, add Siren, and add the others in the same fashion, so that each wave will select zeds from a list to randomly spawn.

Dont forget too edit the squads :p have a squad of like 4 husks = pwnage on suicidal.

Upvote 0
i forgot to mention, some new maps like kf-waterways, kf-deathpit-revamped and this brand newey Cove:
http://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/showthread.php?t=43150

These are what you might call wave based/mission hybrids. They have all the random normal wave based monsters you get in a regular game, along with the freedom to go anywhere in the map at anytime. But they are also made incredibly more difficult than normal with additional scripted monsters appearing. The scripted monsters are the same every time you play the map, but at least they are different to the usual 'formula' for what to expect on each wave

Upvote 0
You all just scared to ask more.Take Valve for example.L4D2 costs 30$.And they are updating it every week FOR FREE!.

Valve is also a massive high-rise company that employs coders by the bucket load to do this stuff, TWI simply doesn't have the manpower to do this.

Keep working on your best project!

They are, did you not see the new HoS screenshot a couple of weeks ago?

Upvote 0
You all just scared to ask more.Take Valve for example.L4D2 costs 30$.And they are updating it every week FOR FREE!.

We can pay you TWI,10$ for new DLC with new zms and gamemods,or pay 30$-40$ for a new game.Keep working on your best project!

Did you see L4D ? They promised updates like TF2 (TF2 got 125+ updates till the start) and what do we had .... 2 major update? "Major", just a survival thing and a semi campaign .

Upvote 0