• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

More details on the Summer Update

The point of renaming it is because the other models are being worked on AFAIK and will be added later.

There are three or four different BT7 sub models being completed and you can't have them all named simply BT7 when the other models get included into RO.

This game strives for historical accuracy so even if the other models don't make it in for some reason, the game should still reflect proper tank model names IMHO.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
The point of renaming it is because the other models are being worked on AFAIK and will be added later.

There are three or four different BT7 sub models being completed and you can't have them all named simply BT7 when the other models get included into RO.

This game strives for historical accuracy so even if the other models don't make it in for some reason, the game should still reflect proper tank model names IMHO.

Then what name dose the RO Stug3 get? It's not a G model IE it has no commanders cupla MG or blast shield. It's not a Stug3H model eathier IE no Shurtzen, it's also not a Stug3B IE much longer barrel, so what is it? I have not found online any pictures of a Stug3 to match the one that we have in RO.

Also you can't realy call the Tiger 1 we have in game a Tiger 1, IE no commander cupla MG that was standard for all Tiger tank models. You also can not call the RO version of the PantherG a true G model because agian it dose not have the standardized cupla MG, nor can you call the IS2 a real IS2 because yet agian it lacks the standard cupla MG, as well as a working rear turret MG. The Same goes for the KV-1s because yet agian you can't use the rear turret MG see where I'm going here?

Don't get me wrong I agree with you 100% but we have to face the fact that the TWI devs did not meet all the requirements to actuly call the vehicles in game by their full military names.

Upvote 0
Then what name dose the RO Stug3 get? It's not a G model IE it has no commanders cupla MG or blast shield. It's not a Stug3H model eathier IE no Shurtzen, it's also not a Stug3B IE much longer barrel, so what is it? I have not found online any pictures of a Stug3 to match the one that we have in RO.

Also you can't realy call the Tiger 1 we have in game a Tiger 1, IE no commander cupla MG that was standard for all Tiger tank models. You also can not call the RO version of the PantherG a true G model because agian it dose not have the standardized cupla MG, nor can you call the IS2 a real IS2 because yet agian it lacks the standard cupla MG, as well as a working rear turret MG. The Same goes for the KV-1s because yet agian you can't use the rear turret MG see where I'm going here?

Don't get me wrong I agree with you 100% but we have to face the fact that the TWI devs did not meet all the requirements to actuly call the vehicles in game by their full military names.

It's a StuG III F/8 with the high-velocity 75 mm StuK 40 L/43 anti-tank gun (designated in Spring '42)

http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j209/shrike1070/stug_iii_f_02.jpg

Upvote 0
I never new there were so many models of that tank! Thanks for the info! Yeah I too would like to know if the T-34(r) will show up on any other maps. Also will the BT-7 ever be added to some TWI offical maps some time down the road? it would be a big help on maps like Bondevro, and of course Hedgehog.

BTW whats the point of renameing it? we got it as a fan mod gone offical. So there would be no sense in changeing it now. BTW the BT-7-1 had a lightly taller turret than that of the BT-7M we have ingame. IE the M stands for Modern............ It had better armor, and a shorter turret than the normal BT-7-1 model your talking about.
We don

Upvote 0
I really want to see the late variant StuG III Ausf. G to be added. It's the one fitted with "pig's head" gun mantlet. :)

That would make that tank look so cool! I like that idea!

I would like to see a Stug3 F/8 with Shurtzen! It would not only give the Stug3 F/8 more of a chance in late war maps but could also be a much needed change for the Germans. Also any chance we will see some camo for the German infantry? IE for maps like Arad, IE the cool German camo coat/skert things the Panzer corps used, also the Panzer corps camoed helmets would be nice too.

Agian the Russians need some more changes in equipment: IE they there are almost no Russians useing real combat helmets. But If you look at footage from the eastern front of WW2 almost all Russians had combat helmets IE it was standard. They only whore the caps when they were not on the front lines IE it gave away your rank in combat. Germans did this too. Also a few Winter coats would be nice on winter maps IE the brown long coat you see in COD2, as well as the fur covered boots you see too. Some more packs for the Russians in both Winter and summer outfits would be nice as well. IE what they could not offord packs for rasions, and blankets? IE no they did not drop them off before going into combat especialy mid the Russian Winter that was THE coldest on record.

Last edited:
Upvote 0