• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

More details on the Summer Update

Sounds sweeeeeeeet. Only thing is, I doubt if we'll ever get to play the updated maps and the new one, what with all the danzig and arad servers going on. :rolleyes:

True Arad is a fun tank/infantry map. Danzig may be a fun map but it's way over played. Alot of servers have stopped allowing players to vote on what maps they wan't to play. IE it's better this way as now some of the more interesting maps get some play time. Still this patch should see a huge jump in player numbers, and a huge jump in people who like tank maps. IE the new tank, and the tank fixes.

Still is the Panzer3s armor ever going to be fixed?

Upvote 0
not a big deal, but this is indeed something I wondered about since I first tried the PTRD. Nice little adjustment there ;)

Personally I would have left it alone.

Why? Because it is a single shot weapon just like tank guns (with AB mod) and I bet they had different types of ammo for it. i.e. Tracer, AP, ball etc.

Now the K98k and M91/30 were both bolt action repeaters, not single shot.

So to me it seems more logical to keep the PTRD as manually reloadable. They could add the option to switch ammo types later also.

Glad to finally see manual "R" reload in tanks though. I liked that option in the AB mod.

I do however not see very many servers implement that option though as people who have never played the AB mod would think their game was buggy if they did not read the change logs etc.

As always, the best game keeps getting better. Thanks TW.

Upvote 0
Before and after every patch I get the impression TWI should screw RO2 and go on and support RO so that it becomes the most marvelous and perfect game in the entire history of games (wghatever there will be).

But RO2 will be cool too and RO is perfect enough imo (at least after the patch :p)

We owe TW something :eek:.

RO2?

Never heard of this.

Where are you getting info that there is an RO2 in development? :confused:

Upvote 0
- Made yet another kick-arse way cool free patch including content additions, improvements in the game engine, new server options, AGIAN!!!oneoneseveneleven

Biggest mistake in games industry. Ever. With thousands of people on the brink of worshipping you guys, you're outdoing yourself again. Can you even imagine in the sketchiest terms possible what mass hysteria your next game is going to cause?

KUTGW ;)

Upvote 0
To answer multiple questions at once:

- Manual reloading for tanks is a client option, not a server option. So any player that wants to use it can use it.

- The new graphical settings will be turned on by default the first time you run the game after the patch if the game detects that your system is powerful enough to run with them on. Otherwise, you can turn them on/off manually in the graphics options. In otherwords, as long as your hardware is fairly modern, you'll see the nice new graphical bells and whistles automatically.

- For forced team balancing, the system grabs the person with the lowest score. This ensures that if you have been playing on one team for a while (and scoring points), you won't get shoved to the other team later in a round.

- The melee shake is scaled by the amount of damage done. So powerful strikes will shake the person more than less powerful strikes. It does two things for gameplay. 1, it lets players know they are actually getting hit, because before sometimes you would be sitting there, hearing someone getting stabbed and thinking "I wonder where the poor sod is that is getting bayoneted?", only to find out that YOU are the poor sod getting bayoneted :) . 2. It can disorient the player that is hit for a short time, making melee strikes a bit more effective.

Upvote 0
Isn't it a client option? Like the incremental throttle?

Are you talking about manual tank gun reload? Yes it its client / server optional.

Which is why I said that this option would not be on all or probably most servers since it confuses newbies when their gun seems to not relaod automatically. :rolleyes:

Personally, I like it. I can swap out ammo and pray that the other guy forgets to hit the "R" button. Sometimes that happens. :D

Upvote 0