• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

More details on the Summer Update

1. Obliteration effect - referring to when some poor sod gets hit by an Arty round and gets bits blown off. Apparently there were times when this meant 3 or 4 legs and rms lying around, which could be amusing - but I never got to see it :(

2. Vast combined arms maps on the scale of Krivoi: it has been one helluva job (and learning curve) to set Krivoi up so that it is a good challenge for both sides, along with all the optimising stuff needed. I'd like to see someone give it a go - but if there isn't sufficient thought on the spawns, plus plenty of transport laid on, there could be some VERY long walks :)

3. FPS improvements: yes. Part of the work on the graphics and so forth has been to have those things work more efficiently.

Upvote 0
Good job not adressing the community's wishes TWI.
* SMG recoil for low fps is insane
* 3D voices

*editted to fit in with community better*

I'm not suprised though. You'd rather add stuff the people here can 'wow' about than actually fix something as important as low FPS recoil bugs. Nice quad cpu you got running there eh Ramm?!

I run at 1280x1024 on a 7600GT, with all options cranked up as high as they'll go. I get about 10-15 more fps on the beta patch than I do when I play the 1047 that's on the servers right now.

And that's even considering the hugeness of Krivoi Rog, and a whole cubic $#!+load of tanks, 50 players, and shells and tracers flying everywhere.

So, yeah, unless you've got some sorta experience with this patch that I don't have .............

Upvote 0
Do you have the screenshots in any higher resolution? I'd love to have this one as my background:

Aug_shot_18_thumb.jpg

Upvote 0
More frames per second!!! Even on my crappy old computer!!! Yes!!! I love you Tripwire!!!!! Too many exclamation marks!!!!!!!!!11!1eleventyone111eins11one!!!!!zwei

All these changes are looking good. I'm not sure which change I'm looking forward to most, there all so good. I'm gonna go down to the store and by another copy of the RO collectors edition, just to support Tripwire. You guys seriously deserve the extra money from extra copies of this game that people buy. RO is easily the best $20 anyone could spend on a game, and I'd be happy to spend 2 or 3 times that much.

Upvote 0
More frames per second!!! Even on my crappy old computer!!! Yes!!! I love you Tripwire!!!!! Too many exclamation marks!!!!!!!!!11!1eleventyone111eins11one!!!!!zwei

All these changes are looking good. I'm not sure which change I'm looking forward to most, there all so good. I'm gonna go down to the store and by another copy of the RO collectors edition, just to support Tripwire. You guys seriously deserve the extra money from extra copies of this game that people buy. RO is easily the best $20 anyone could spend on a game, and I'd be happy to spend 2 or 3 times that much.

yes and it was $40 when i bought it lol:D

Upvote 0
I wasn't aware you could pick up more than 2 grenades, or I would have been. I personally liked the mod where you spawned with your normal 2 grenades, but could then pick up 2 more. I thought this had been removed from ROO.

Anyway a lot of the the other fixes and features will be greast especially for server admins, and clans. I really like these ones:-

- Added Forgive TK system. Players can now say "np" or "forgive" when they are TKed and this system is enabled. This is a server side option which will be on by default.

- German half track machine gunner now has the ability to rise up to look over the gun/shield.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This is easily the best patch out yet from what we have been told.

Can someone tell me how long it will be to release?

Also I hope that when we do finally reach the edge of this new map the tree line is not going to be complete ****e like on Arad. I hope the developers have made so it is like the tree line of Arad real forest.

Upvote 0
So will the new graphics features be on when I update with my PC?:

GForce7800GTX
WindowsXP32bit SP2
2 gig of RAM

Sorry I forgot what CPU I got. But I can Run BF2142 just fine at 1280-960 with everything on full with no slow downs at all.

So I should be able to run this game with everything on full at 1024-768 right?

Upvote 0
So will the new graphics features be on when I update with my PC?:

GForce7800GTX
WindowsXP32bit SP2
2 gig of RAM

Sorry I forgot what CPU I got. But I can Run BF2142 just fine at 1280-960 with everything on full with no slow downs at all.

So I should be able to run this game with everything on full at 1024-768 right?

You should be able to do 1280x1024 (or higher) with everything on full with no problem, everything cranked up. I've got 3 gigs of RAM, but I've only got a 7600GT, and I can do it just fine.

Upvote 0
Not until we release...

Why the suddon change? last time we were able to post screenshots of the Beta maps and all kinds of info, even the new main menu we got. It was a sweet thread...................

Not that I'm complaining or anything. Just wondering why the suddon change in allowing us to show screenshots. Granted it was only 2 days before the thing was released, that is if my memory is correct. BTW my memory sucks..............

Upvote 0