• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

More details on the Summer Update

The PTRD is halfway between a bolt action and a single shot. With the bolt action's you press fire again to work the bolt. With the PTRD, it always felt a bit odd that it didn't have the same behavior. So for consistency we changed it.

not a big deal, but this is indeed something I wondered about since I first tried the PTRD. Nice little adjustment there ;)

Upvote 0
- Fixed a potential bug that could cause a player to spawn 4 legs and 3 arms when they were 'obliterated'.

Wow, does anyone have a picture of that bug? Sounds strange...

- Empty clips can no longer be put back into ammo pouch if last bullet is in the chamber.

We have clips in this game? Really? ;)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Clip_%28ammunition%29

Ok, that is extremely minor "bug" in the changelist. Awesome work for all items! Thanks!

Upvote 0
Thanks Tripwire! Thanks for pumping out quality updates on a regular basis, stuff like that is rare in gaming. Binoculars for MG is very nice, so is the halftrack gunner change.

So many new additions/changes/fixes...

... I wonder which ones will be chosen for the new "Biggest mistake" threads. :p

Hah! Yeah. I can already see it coming: "BIGGEST MISTAKE: HUGE TANK MAPS". :p

Upvote 0
Wil said:
- German half track machine gunner now has the ability to rise up to look over the gun/shield.

Nice addition, thanks.

Son said:
- Added a screen shaking/blurring effect when a player is hit by a melee attack.

I personally make my living on melee. It's my bread and butter. I'm curious what this change actually does, if being hit with a non-lethal bayo stab will be the same effect as say being hit with a non-lethal buttsmack. Is this merely the same one animation for all melee connections, or are there different shakes for different types of impacts? And how drastic is this shaking blurring? I'm hoping this feature isnt too overwhelming for an already very well done melee system. (I reserve the right to make a BIGGEST MISTAKE thread if this feature in any way breaks melee fighting ;))

Nam said:
- Added a forced team balance system which will swap players to the other team when they die if teams are unbalanced. This is a server side option.

I'm curious how the system decides who to move to the other team when balancing is required. What exactly is the criteria that the system looks for when making this decision? In the past, and I'm pretty sure it was a mut but I could be wrong, you could have been on that team since the beginning of the map - then all of a sudden *bam* you'd be moved even though there were people who joined the current map waaaaay later than you. Personally I think this feature should pick the player who has joined the server last, that is to say the latest person to join. This way someone who has been playing say offense for the last 15 minutes isnt all of a sudden thrown over to the defensive side, even though some guy just joined the server 1 minute ago.

Wilsonam said:
- Added mouse movement and shot firing detection to the Idle Kick.

Excellent :cool:

- Your kills now show up in white text in the upper right corner of the HUD.

I'm not bagging this 'feature', but who's idea was it, and why? Seems rather unnecessary and distracting for the casual player. Not really needed imo.

Upvote 0