Money for damage, not kills

• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/
  • Weve updated the Tripwire Privacy Notice under our Policies to be clearer about our use of customer information to come in line with the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) rules that come into force today (25th May 2018). The following are highlights of our changes:

We've incorporated the relevant concepts from the GDPR including joining the EU and Swiss Privacy Shield framework. We've added explanations for why and how Tripwire processes customer data and the types of data that we process, as well as information about your data protection rights.

For more information about our privacy practices, please review the new Privacy Policy found here: https://tripwireinteractive.com/#/privacy-notice

Lewt

FNG / Fresh Meat
Sep 5, 2010
Is this actually in effect? Or is there some sort of hidden server setting now? In every game I've joined, I've never been able to receive any amount of money on any specimen, for any amount of damage, if I didn't kill it.

Zaku212

FNG / Fresh Meat
Jun 9, 2010
The boglands of ireland :(
With the new patch, you're supposed to get money for damage done.
I've tried it too, and it worked..even though i don't really spend much time during a wave checking my cash amount...

Lewt

FNG / Fresh Meat
Sep 5, 2010
Decapping specimens, like a husk, then watching my money count as a teammate comes around the corner and shoots it once with a 9mm shows that it just doesn't work. Same thing with nearly killing the Patriarch, a group of clots, etc.

Lewt

FNG / Fresh Meat
Sep 5, 2010
Do you get cash for wounding specimens as something OTHER than a firebug? I mainly play classes with hitscan weapons + zerker.

Zaku212

FNG / Fresh Meat
Jun 9, 2010
Well i honestly can't say.. cos with my aparments decline in internet connection speed, i haven't been able to play any other class effectively..
But is it possible that the cash is not given straight up as damage is done, but is given out after the kill is made.

Darkwave

FNG / Fresh Meat
Sep 4, 2010
Argentina
On solo suicidal as firebug ( Lvl 6 ) , I racked up $9850 by the 8th wave.
It's true , it's by damage , but it should increase as the specimen burns , not when he dies

Yoshiro

In Soviet Russia, Yoshiro is a cake
Staff member
Oct 10, 2005
All classes get money based on % of damage done. However right now there is a bug where everybody is getting double the bonus they should be at the end of the wave. It will be fixed with the next patch.

Lewt

FNG / Fresh Meat
Sep 5, 2010

I've been wondering why it seemed like suicidal was hard, hard was normal, etc. Figured I just hadn't played in a while and wasn't used to the cash amounts.

But still, I'm going to host a listen server sometime and have a friend help me test it.

weeman2412

FNG / Fresh Meat
Jan 11, 2010
All classes get money based on % of damage done. However right now there is a bug where everybody is getting double the bonus they should be at the end of the wave. It will be fixed with the next patch.

I noticed that too... I always magically end up with over 10,000 gbp at the end of wave 10 :| (as of the latest update) .. this wasn't the case back in the day.. Then again my main classes are mac10crossbow firebug, crossbow/katana zerker, m14/ lar sharpshooter (some would consider these 3 as the most op class setups in the entire game).. and most of my shots are always head shots..

timur

FNG / Fresh Meat
I noticed that too... I always magically end up with over 10,000 gbp at the end of wave 10 :| (as of the latest update) .. this wasn't the case back in the day.. Then again my main classes are mac10crossbow firebug, crossbow/katana zerker, m14/ lar sharpshooter (some would consider these 3 as the most op class setups in the entire game).. and most of my shots are always head shots..

*Notice that the only perk involved not using the crossbow is the ss*

Lewt

FNG / Fresh Meat
Sep 5, 2010
I'd love to see that FB setup on suicidal...

Depends on the map. First day that the Mac-10 released, I went on Mountain Pass with it and the crossbow.. Though I suppose it's more the fault of the map than the weapons.

Light up mobs with the mac on single shot from long range, and kill husks, FPs, and scrakes with the bow, unless the latter two don't enrage for some reason.

Zaku212

FNG / Fresh Meat
Jun 9, 2010
Well of course it'd work on a huge open map, with plenty of places to run away to.. i meant in most conditions.. you really don't often get the luxury of a second headshot unless you were pretty sharpish with the first...