• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Mod's you'd like to see

luciferintears

Grizzled Veteran
Apr 3, 2011
I figure we might as well have a thread that has a bunch of wishlisted mods. That way it might inspire some modders to start the project.

I mod, though i'm more into the scripting/programming than the other stuff (retexturing, custom sounds, mapping, etc), so if people are intrested i might start working on something. Though i am a bit busy with school/work at the moment.

Anyway, here is what i would like, most of them are conflicts that are underrepresented:

1. Soviet-Afghan War: I this this would be pretty fun for a few reasons. First, it hasnt really been done before. Second, it seems like it a lot of fun to blend include the asymmetrical warfare that was present.

Whereupon the soviets have superior firepower, yet the mujahadeen participate in guerrilla warfare to offset that. Plus it would be awesome to play as the spetsnaz performing special operations in afghanistan.

2. Falklands War: A war between the British and Argentina during the 1980's. Would consist of island hoping and jungle warfare.

3. Korean War, the most forgotten out of all american conflicts. Mostly WW2 weapons along with some more modern ones. Would have famous battles such as Heartbreak Ridge, Pusan Perimeter, and the Battle of Inchon

4. Collection of small cold war era conflicts, such as: Grenada, Yom Kippur, Bay of pigs, etc...

What would you guys think of those, and what would you like to see?

Theres been a few of these, always in general discussion tho so:

Vietnam (getting one)
WW1 (getting one)
Pacific (getting one)
Star Wars
Medieval
Napoleonic/US Revolution/US Civil War <- Prob only room for one of these, i'd be up for any of them :)
Korean would be cool too but would probably be lost between other mods.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I would like to see a mod that bring us to battles of modern Russian army vs. rebels in chechnya... i guess people won't make it but sill, a mod of modern russians for a WW2 eastern front game would be nice

i would love to see that as well.

i just didnt mention it as i assumed the conflict might be a little fresh; i wouldnt want anyone being offended

Upvote 0
A Korean War mod for sure. It's still an untouched setting that's different enough from WWII but old enough to not have to deal with the drastic changes to the formula due to more modern technology. The setting is beautiful yet ravaged by war and different than most settings in games and with permission, you could possibly use some models from other mods that are set during WWII or Vietnam.

I've been waiting for one to pop up to help out on.

Upvote 0
Well, most of the things I want have already been mentioned, but anyway..

World War I (Looking forward to Iron Europe)
Early 20th century (pre-WWI) (no specific conflicts, it's just an interesting era)
Finland during WW2 (never been done as far as I know)
Korean war (That haven't really been done either)

Reactions: Matkailija
Upvote 0
I would love to see something along the lines of a mix between FPS and a game that's (hopefully) coming out soon, Subversion.

Subversion is going to be a kind of bank heist (although there's tons of different things you could do other than stealing from banks) game, where you control a bunch of people in an RTS manner and to a bunch of cool stuff.

The thing that Subversion has going for it, though, is that the entire city you play in is procedurally generated, so you'll never play the same game twice. A similar FPS version would have to have set maps that don't change, unfortunately. But I'm sure it'd have tons of potential for co-op gameplay...

Upvote 0
I would like to see a Spanish Civil War Mod. I mean, there was a very important conflict that prepared the battlefield for the WW2.
Germany and Italy participated with the Rebel Force of Franco and the Soviet Union and the International Brigades supported the Republic of Spain.

It was a conflict that served to the other nations to prepare to fight in a few years in the greater world conflict. In my opinion s very interesting to a war that was fought in towns, cities and open fields.
In addition, the Spanish have always enjoyed a great reputation as soldiers.

Upvote 0
I would like to see a Spanish Civil War Mod. I mean, there was a very important conflict that prepared the battlefield for the WW2.
Germany and Italy participated with the Rebel Force of Franco and the Soviet Union and the International Brigades supported the Republic of Spain.

It was a conflict that served to the other nations to prepare to fight in a few years in the greater world conflict. In my opinion s very interesting to a war that was fought in towns, cities and open fields.
In addition, the Spanish have always enjoyed a great reputation as soldiers.
This could be very, very interesting! Most of the fighting was kinda low-tech, with mainly lightly armed infantry fighting in very rough terrain with maybe some light tanks as support? Gameplay would be quite similar to much of RO, in other words.

Also very interesting to try something that have never been attempted before!

Upvote 0