• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Mods 'n' Muts from the KF Community

KF IRC Bot only shows 'Current Scores:'

KF IRC Bot only shows 'Current Scores:'

Note: I am running a dedicated server with the Brute and Doom 3 Monster mutes. (Non-whitelist)
I am using the in-game GUI to choose server settings and click 'DEDICATED', then start another killingfloor.exe to join the server.

1. Download KFIRCBot.rar
2. Read readme.txt, it is v.0.1
3. Copy KFIRCBot.u to C:\Games\Steam\steamapps\common\killingfloor\System
4. Edit killingfloor\System\killingfloor.ini:

In the [Engine.GameEngine] section, add

ServerActors=KFIRCBot.KFIRC

At the bottom of the .ini, add:

[KFIRCBot.KFIRC]
ircServer=irc.gamesurge.net
ircPort=6667
ircNick=OzzieMutate
ircChannel=#killingfloor
color1=04
color2=12

5. Go to gamesurge and register OzzieMutate nick.

When I start my dedicated server, using the in-game GUI, the IRC server will print the message:
*** OzzieMutate has joined #killingfloor

After each round:
<OzzieMutate> Current Scores:

I have two questions:

1) What is the expected output? I'm assuming it would display the player name and their score?

2) Is there a chance this or future versions could have more messages, like these:

On server start:
<OzzieMutate> Map: kf-foundry; Type: Normal, Long; Mutes: AddBrute, Doom3Monsters, KillMessageV2;

When players join:
<OzzieMutate> fuzzy_bunny has joined.

After a round:
<OzzieMutate> Current Scores:
marco.nadal.75: 83
fuzzy_bunny: 265
woz: 312

Upvote 0
Added.

Dead Space (A WPC Mod)
A WPC Mod for the science fiction survival horror Dead Space. Weapons, Perks, Skins, and Necromorphs await you.

Specimen Versus Modification (by Marco)
Players take control of specimens and attack human players using enhanced senses and special moves.
Credits to TheBlackCheetah for the original concept and WPC Clan / Lethal_Vortex for beta testing.

Upvote 0
Wouldnt it be wise to fix the problems first? (im only saying, im not poking or trying to rage anyone :) )
Not sure what you mean, as far as i know the problem was only the crashing due to memory overload. Apparently Tripwire is looking into the issue and hopefully will fix it. So thats nothing i can fix.

Upvote 0
Thanks mate. I put a guide written by one of our members Blackjack on the front page of the mod for a solution to prevent the crashing for clients.
Sweet, cheers. This might stop me crashing now and then. I'll give feedback to help prove that it works when i've tried it to help get others wanting to do it. Maybe you should put this in another section and hopefully get it stickied.

Upvote 0
Sweet, cheers. This might stop me crashing now and then. I'll give feedback to help prove that it works when i've tried it to help get others wanting to do it. Maybe you should put this in another section and hopefully get it stickied.
You're welcome mate. Where do you think i should post the solution, in what section?

Upvote 0
Is this updated by chance? I saw a thread about a month ago that they were whitelisting Mods/Muts if accepted. I didn't see any word on if any in there besides IJC's were accepted. There are a Few Mut's that i would like to see whitelisted that don't affect perk progression and or gameplay. Id rather not resort to getting another server just to use Greylisted Mod's and Mut's...

Upvote 0
Is this updated by chance? I saw a thread about a month ago that they were whitelisting Mods/Muts if accepted. I didn't see any word on if any in there besides IJC's were accepted. There are a Few Mut's that i would like to see whitelisted that don't affect perk progression and or gameplay. Id rather not resort to getting another server just to use Greylisted Mod's and Mut's...
The whitelist is getting updated in this new patch. We'll have to go from there.

Upvote 0