• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Code Modifying the Doors

Trololololololololololo

Grizzled Veteran
May 6, 2010
I dont know if its possible at all, but here are some thoughts.

You can Weld doors forever, while it takes infinite damage, and even if it collapses it respawns again at the end of wave...

I wish it had a limit somewhere, to either be welded or total damage limit, this would allow mappers to use more doors and not having to worry about exploiting the gameplay.

for example, in a house where you can go to the roof and shoot to down below while 2 support keep the door welded, no specimen can beat this, its a nearly perfect tactic, its no wonder oficial maps are made in a way to avoid this, wich is unrealistic and doesnt help with the allready serious lack of features on the maps. (except for The Hive lol)

Im trying to modify the welder itself but no success yet.

Last edited:
I dont know if its possible at all, but here are some thoughts.

You can Weld doors forever, while it takes infinite damage, and even if it collapses it respawns again at the end of wave...

I wish it had a limit somewhere, to either be welded or total damage limit, this would allow mappers to use more doors and not having to worry about exploiting the gameplay.

for example, in a house where you can go to the roof and shoot to down below while 2 support keep the door welded, no specimen can beat this, its a nearly perfect tactic, its no wonder oficial maps are made in a way to avoid this, wich is unrealistic and doesnt help with the allready serious lack of features on the maps. (except for The Hive lol)

Im trying to modify the welder itself but no success yet.

hmmm well i'm a little confused.....

kfDoorMovers already have a weld limit, MaxWeldStrength on the KFUsetrigger linked to the door. now the players will still have the welding animation etc. but it'll never go passed 100% WeldStrength . Unless of course you are talking about making it so it can be welded unlimited in which case thats a nogo and even i won't make that. Too much room for Exploiting.

as for Respawning Doors... if you refer to my trigger pack
Link: http://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/showthread.php?t=47407
i have made a few more options for the KFDoorMoverPlus.
one of the options is to allow the L.D's to Disable Respawning on the door.

Now As for Exploitability for doors ATM with the Official KFDoorMover it really just depends on: Where the L.D places the door, what they set as the DamageResistance and MaxWeldStrength etc. so EXploitability is Really under the L.D's control and has little or nothing to do with the actual KFDoorMover

if this doesn't help you then i'm Much more Confused then i thought LOL!!! =)
can you explain with more detail?

EDIT:
Oh i know what your saying your asking if there is a way to limit the amount that can be welded per second.
ex. 2 support guys
one welds at 10hp a second
the other weld 15hp a second

the door is set to only allow 15hp per second max

so even with both of them welding it only gets welded at at 15hp per second rate.

that is what your asking right?
if so then hmmmmm.. i dunno... i can look into adding an option like that for my custom door.. not really sure how do go about doing this...will take research =D

Last edited:
Upvote 0
No, you got it wrong, what i mean is, for example, i weld it 100%, then specimens damage it, then i can weld it again to 100%, as many times as i want to, the door itself doesnt take damage, just the weld, but the weld is infinite and can be redone, i wish the limit to weld at once was still 100% but with a total 'health' limit, like 800%, means it can be re-welded a total of 8 times to 100% and then you cant weld it anymore, it will just break apart no matter what you do.

Last edited:
Upvote 0