• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Modern Warfare Mod?

I think it would be cool to see a modification that takes place sometime between 1960-1980. Here's a list though of conflicts (a lot of civil wars) and oppressive periods that have occurred after 1945, with casualties. Most people are unaware that there has been much devastation around the world since the end of World War II.

1946-49: Chinese civil war (1.2 million)
1946-49: Greek civil war (50,000)
1946-54: France-Vietnam war (600,000)
1947: Partition of India and Pakistan (1 million)
1947: Taiwan uprising against the Kuomintang (30,000)
1948-1958: Colombian civil war (250,000)
1948-1973: Arab-Israeli wars (70,000)
1949-: Indian Muslims vs Hindus (20,000)
1949-50: Mainland China vs Tibet (1,200,000)
1950-53: Korean war (4 million)
1952-59: Kenya

Upvote 0
to be successfull , a modern warfare mod must :
- feature USA.
- include some nowadays(near future are better !) politics problem
- be realistic/ "educational".

So imo, even if i don't like modern warfare, the best modernwarfare mod would be special ops in afghanistan/pakistan(iran ?).
Then you can extend it to operation where USA are deployed, lebanon etc ...

:p otherwise you can try to guess what will be the next conflict !

Upvote 0
Go play COD4:MW or BF2
Cod mw SP is awesome perfect awesome (though i really want to play just russians and uk. rangers sucks..)

But you know the MP is a mess!! Everyone running arround shooting, not fix respawn, it's seriously a cod2 but with no search and destroy at the begining, the mp.. do really sucks, concept of soldiers weapons, is nice but.. you got it.. I'd love to see a real army x army modern warfare, like bf2 (though it's not thaat good).

That's what im hoping for bf3 ^^ This time i want to assault the us territory! It get's boring defending all the time.. =P

Reactions: Nicholas
Upvote 0
Haven't been here in a while, so I'll add a bit more.

RO: HOS's weapon handling, graphics quality, etc. A heavy emphasis on infantry and armor realism. FLIR that is somewhat realistic, fire control systems. Realistic holographic optics, realistic modeling of how an ACOG works, with 4x and for spec ops type missions, red dots up top, FTS magnifiers, etc.

Upvote 0
Modern warfare? That would be nice. Something like Insurgency, but with a higher emphasis on realism.

Some interesting theatres of combat that haven't been done for an FPS would be:

Russian-Chechen Wars
Iran-Iraq War
Desert Storm
One of Israel's wars
Russia-Georgia war

Or, it could be US Army and/or USMC in Iraq and/or Afghanistan.

Have anymore info about your mod you want to share with us Yoshiro? :D

Though, I really want to see a Vietnam War game like RO.

Egyptian-Syrian war?

Or...wait for it...Galactic civil war mod!!!

Last edited:
Upvote 0