• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

[Game] Modern Warfare 2

You guys aren't really looking at it then.

http://modernwarfare2.infinityward.com/

Analyze it...

You'll be surprised at some of the stuff they've included:
http://twitter.infinityward.com/

Perk icons, Rio de Janeiro as a location, offshore oil rig location, something written in Russian near the end, something spoken in Russian (someone else said it was Italian, I don't know), etc.

Upvote 0
Do they really need to make squeals every year? I understand that money makes the world go 'round, but what about supporting the lifespan of the current games. Is CoD4/WaW really so outdated that it already needs to be replaced? What happened to 5+ years of anticipation and then the excitement when the sequel was finally released and it blew away your expectations. I really wish gaming would go back a decade, because I can't stand much more of this re-hashed CoD/Halo/Gears ****.

Upvote 0
Definetly not the worst trailer, its just a teaser to get people aware of it and start the hype ball rolling, providing small details as Zips posted, getting people talking about it.

I would imagine a reason why this doesnt have much (if any) gameplay footage is that alot of it isnt finalised and they dont want people moaning about stuff they cut out of the final product. People still wine today about how much better HL2 beta was/could have been.

Upvote 0
its a TEASER, its designed to TEASE not reveal the whole thing in one go!

Same thing as a strip club you know they will end up naked but suprise suprise you cant see **** to start with :p. (ok poor analogy but you get my meaning).

Now if this was a TRAILER then yes it would be a bit of a let down. You got the title and release date you know it starts in an airport i deffo saw an oil rig so enough to grab the attention

Upvote 0
total fail at the "lets do something totaly clever and mysterious" trailer department...

hahahaha yeah, something like..

"Well, guys. We ran out of good ideas for the next COD. Let's make a teaser with no sense at all and random stuff. later, based on people's opinions and speculations maybe we'll come up with some creativity and innovation"

Upvote 0
I'm fairly certain that titles with yearly release don't need ****ing teasers...

If you were Infinity Ward/Treyarch (or Activision, who owns the CoD License), and you knew that 200,000+ players per day were playing the same game each year, on sometimes a new console (From PC, to Xbox, to Xbox360, PS2, PS3, Wii etc) you would want to pump out yearly titles as well, its a business standpoint.

Look at the hype around any CoD game, CoD5 sold off the "Includes CoD4's Engine" hype alone. Infinity Ward did create that engine, therefore fanboys emerged, and multiplied daily. COD4 was an instant success, so why not tease if they have nothing to show yet? Hype sells games these days.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
If you were Infinity Ward/Treyarch (or Activision, who owns the CoD License), and you knew that 200,000+ players per day were playing the same game each year, on sometimes a new console (From PC, to Xbox, to Xbox360, PS2, PS3, Wii etc) you would want to pump out yearly titles as well, its a business standpoint.

Look at the hype around any CoD game, CoD5 sold off the "Includes CoD4's Engine" hype alone. Infinity Ward did create that engine, therefore fanboys emerged, and multiplied daily. COD4 was an instant success, so why not tease if they have nothing to show yet? Hype sells games these days.

I do realise all of that - but that doesn't excuse it. I've said this dozens of times, big publishers have a responsibility to not just peddle the same games over and over and over.
Yes CoD:WaW sold off the back of CoD4, so much so that it irritated Infinity Ward developers (http://www.fourzerotwo.com/2008/11/07/noah-heller-stop-doing-interviews/) and it was a big budget turd of a game.
I'm well aware of how many people still play CoD4, and that Activision would love to score some more

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I liked Call of Duty 1 and 2 because the only major WWII FPS before with that kind of singleplayer experience was the Medal of Honor series, and that had gotten pretty old after awhile. While I didn't get the chance to play Call of Duty 3, I must admit that I enjoyed Call of Duty 5, even if it was developed by Treyarch. I had been skeptical about the game before, but it was actually entertaining. Hell, I enjoy any game that takes place during WWII, even WWII: Iwo Jima.

Call of Duty 4 on the other hand, was an interesting game, but I'm not sure how Modern Warfare 2 will play out. How many different modern scenarios can you think up? I bet this one will include the Russians, terrorists, etc., just like the last.

Last edited:
Upvote 0