• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

[Game] Modern Warfare 2

I doubt it. It's made by the CoD4 guys...

Which was , of course, Infantile Ward. The same narrow minded nitwits that made the console port for PC, COD2. ;) I was hoping for a little more code from Treyarch in this one (WAW)...but was disapointed. The majority of it , sadly, is IW. Oh well, next time I'll wait to see some file structure identity before laying out 50 bucks.

Upvote 0
On countless websites the COD 4 Modern Warfare MP was praised skyhigh.
Most reviews said the same. Noone mentioned the bobo the monkey respawn code. Noone mentioned the shoebox MP map. So I see it like this. IW and possibly Treyarch make games for their specific audience.

An audience who just want a fast game run and gun nades everywhere perks
for everyone. No logical tactic or whatever. Its a smart move by these companies cause these people will by it anyway.

COD 1 and COD UO where nice especcially with the larger Custom maps and Conquest game mode. Which off course where made by the community.

As known by now IW don't really bother the modding community. Let me only mention the map contest they organized. :):):)
Not to mention the redirect and WIKI....

So let people who love these games buy them and enjoy them and let us hope for a better war FPS.....

Upvote 0
No one is even talking about COD1 , so I dont think anyone knows what your talking about.:confused:
Lol. Down with context!:p

You said CoD6 is going to be same game again with a new coat argueing it is made by IW.
I said, IW showed with CoD4 that they can craft a quality game that isn't just the same game as its predecessor but with a new coat.
Then you said, oh yeah? IW made CoD2.
I said, so what? CoD2 had loads of fresh features over CoD1 too so that only fortifies IW's track-record.

No one was talking about CoD1. Your opinion is IW will produce crap as they did before. My opinion is IW did well with both of their CoD sequels so they can do well again.

Agree to disagree?

Upvote 0
Lol. Down with context!:p
I said, so what? CoD2 had loads of fresh features over CoD1 too so that only fortifies IW's track-record.

Can you be more specific about the fresh features COD 2 had over COD 1 ?

All I remember is that I sold the game two weeks after I purchased it.
Main reason was the lack of new features. It was more of the same. Same spawn chaos not helped by it shoebox sized maps.

I remember the Leningrad map. CTF mode the distance between the two flags was a 7 seconds run..... I remember the Moscow map with Nazi banners hangin on Moscow buildings :confused::confused:.

Ooops i remember some new features. It has these miraculous nades. A player got warned when a nade dropped near. And players head a sign avove there head.

As said they make good games for a specific audience. And do good bizniz.

Upvote 0
It's a halo-esque death-match game so I thought the 'nade button was pretty cool.
Regarding weapon-balance: Whatever you say, Moe...:rolleyes: I'm not afiliated with IW so I have no interest in defending it. Just thought I'd throw in my two cents because it's unfair to accuse IW of not delivering quality products when they clearly did in the past. If this is going up in a huge denial/nitpicking debate again, please, help yourself and hate on.:p

Upvote 0
It's a halo-esque death-match game so I thought the 'nade button was pretty cool.
Regarding weapon-balance: Whatever you say, Moe...:rolleyes: I'm not afiliated with IW so I have no interest in defending it. Just thought I'd throw in my two cents because it's unfair to accuse IW of not delivering quality products when they clearly did in the past. If this is going up in a huge denial/nitpicking debate again, please, help yourself and hate on.:p

hehehe, I guess there are some people who like weapon balance. My clan is a COD one and that is one of the things they like. It's not for me though, could you imagine if they were to balance tanks like that, make a PZIII balanced with an IS-2??? Speaking of Tripwire of course :D

Upvote 0
Ah, so you didn't say the balance didn't change but you meant you don't like it when weapons are balanced against each-other.
I took your response as lacking memory + denial. As you meant something else I have to apologize for the "hate on" rant. That wasn't appropriate.

Yeah, it really depends on the type of game whether weapon-balance makes sense or whether "balance" should only be achieved on a team vs. team level (Team Fortress) or if there should be no balance in the equipment at all and the game is made fair via uneven maps/objectives or player numbers per team.
It also depends on the game whether the weapons should be allowed to function like caricatures of themselves (like in CoD). By that I mean that their popularily known characteristics are exaggerated. E.g. shot-gun only good at ranges of 5 meters max., MGs fixed and fitted with unlimited ammo, etc. For a realistic game that's not an option, obviously but for wild deathmatch games that just so happen to take place during ww2 it is a possibility.
In Red Orchestra, we wouldn't want to have machine pistols that are made deliberately useless for longer ranges, would we? ;)

Upvote 0