[Game] Modern Warfare 2

• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/
  • Weve updated the Tripwire Privacy Notice under our Policies to be clearer about our use of customer information to come in line with the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) rules that come into force today (25th May 2018). The following are highlights of our changes:

We've incorporated the relevant concepts from the GDPR including joining the EU and Swiss Privacy Shield framework. We've added explanations for why and how Tripwire processes customer data and the types of data that we process, as well as information about your data protection rights.

For more information about our privacy practices, please review the new Privacy Policy found here: https://tripwireinteractive.com/#/privacy-notice

kapulA

Grizzled Veteran
Jan 4, 2006
Croatia
Expectations = 0; I don't expect anything new from this one. About time I learned my lesson, took me 5 sequels.

DietOrange

FNG / Fresh Meat
May 31, 2008
I am fine with the modern setting, but at least make a few of the maps United Offensive sized. I had a lot of fun playing BAS years ago especially when the mods started coming out with the maps and vehicles. Even with hardcore mode the tiny maps just pissed me off.

smokeythebear

FNG / Fresh Meat
Nov 21, 2005
Sheppards house
They did a very good job with cod4, so I hope for good things. The only thing I hope they change from cod4 is make some bigger maps (ie overgrown) and maybe some more interesting settings.

SheepDip

FNG / Fresh Meat
Nov 21, 2005
The Elitist Prick Club
Bigger maps, stop the stupid re-spawn points for enemies, make the team you are with ACTUALLY do something during non scripted events, drop the stupid invincible health system etc etc

But of course none of these things will change because that's the formula that made bucks from CoD4...

Last edited:

DietOrange

FNG / Fresh Meat
May 31, 2008
They did a very good job with cod4, so I hope for good things. The only thing I hope they change from cod4 is make some bigger maps (ie overgrown) and maybe some more interesting settings.

How about making them at least 3x the size of overgrown

kapulA

Grizzled Veteran
Jan 4, 2006
Croatia
Well Overgrown was actually my favorite map in CoD5, due to the awesome atmosphere and the larger size. But I would have hardly complained if it was bigger. I just think that casual gamers have a hard time grasping larger maps since the last and only sequel that had them was UO.

DietOrange

FNG / Fresh Meat
May 31, 2008
Well Overgrown was actually my favorite map in CoD5, due to the awesome atmosphere and the larger size. But I would have hardly complained if it was bigger. I just think that casual gamers have a hard time grasping larger maps since the last and only sequel that had them was UO.

I do see that complaint often on console / most gaming boards that they really don't like the big maps. Well thats fine if they want to play the small maps with automatics weapons and grenades flying everywhere good, but give others the chance to have a big map with a large open battlefield to try out.
I am just wondering now when we will see the first media for the next COD. I am hoping at least ny next Feb something will be shown if they are shooting for a fall 09 release.

Dead

FNG / Fresh Meat
Nov 22, 2005
Just blaming and flaming, everyone. If CoD is to "arcady" for you, just don't play it and in believe in your almighty Red Orchestra. -.-

illinifan

FNG / Fresh Meat
Mar 11, 2007
its becoming maddenized. the last good cod i played was...

im calling that it will go on to cod20, they activision will "retire" the series and have IW create a new game with a new title, that has the exact same gameplay as cod.

and they will reach WW1, future, american civil war, revolutions(COD:revolutions-america, french etc.), medieval, korea, vietnam, and anything else you can think of by the time they hit 20