• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Modern tactical shooter anyone?

Dr.Uzi

FNG / Fresh Meat
Sep 27, 2013
Hello to the guys from Tripwire. I am sure that you by now are aware of a disastrous title just released known as Takedown:Red Sabre, a throwback to the modern tactical shooters of the early 2000's. It is, in a word, awful. Immediately when I saw how bad it was, and the hope of ever getting another tactical shooter on par with Rainbow Six 3: Ravenshield faded even further, I though of Tripwire. You guys have got to be the only developer on the planet that is set up perfectly to make a game like this, realistic reload times and mechanics, a first person cover system that would be far better suited to a tactical shooter than a large scale war setting, realistic weapon handling, and the ability to innovate and produce a quality game. Please, please, PLEASE, read this and consider making us a modern tactical shooter that we can all be proud of and enjoy, it has been far too long.

I mean, you could take all of the mechanics from RO2 and make some new weapon models( This would be the hardest part I think since there is a demand in this genre for alot of hardware choices), re-skin the characters, make like 6 cool but realistic modern maps and it would sell like crazy. All the mechanics are there already, especially the FP cover system. You can stack on a door frame and chuck a flashbang into a room already, we just need the skins, sounds, maps, and perhaps some small changes to better suit the gameplay. Again, PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE, make us a modern tactical shooter with the emphasis on realism that you are known for. You will be surprised how many of us are waiting for such a title.