• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Mod: Voting Handler Fix

There may be some obvious solution to this, please bear with me. :)

I'm currently running three servers, and I enjoy the like/dislike functionality of this mod as well as the option for different game modes.

But now I want to run one server with difficulty voting, and another server without it. I know I could use the vanilla votinghandler for the one server, but then I lose the precious like/dislike functionality. :)

How can I do this smoothly since they all share the same .ini file? Or is it possible to make your votinghandler point to a separate .ini file?

Upvote 0
Voting options are setup in the .ini file, and I don't know how/if it is possible to make it point to a different .ini file for the server I don't want any options on.

Assuming you're using multiples instances on one server (that's why they're all using the same ini files right ?) I guess you'd have to rebuild the mutator under another name just to have it read a different file.

I've had this dilemma once, resorted to using separated installations with linked Maps/, Textures/ and StaticMeshes/. Still working well for me to this day.

Upvote 0
What is the exact limitation ? I've never been able to use more than 12 entries or the server would crash on startup, earlier in this thread someone says he's been using 17 entries, does it have something to do with how long the descriptions and the mutator strings are ?

We just tried to add a few more entries (16 in total) and server started crashing without even writing a log file.

Upvote 0
I just have a few questions that I have been trying to figure out by reading numerous forums and tweaking settings but have still not come up with satisfactory answers. Any help would be appreciated.

Is it possible to use the KFMapVoteV2 entries to change KFGameLength?

Although I've seen earlier posts about how it wasn't possible, I came across this and my hopes rose. When it didn't work, my inital reasoning was that the "gamelength" variable only works with the ScrnBalance gametypes. Can anyone verify this? Or has there been recent changes that now allowed V2 to change KFgamelength?​

In KFMapVoteV2, is it possible to have different map lists for different entries? For example, when voting for objective gametype, only objective maps show up?

I have been on servers where both KF and KFO maps are listed, but as soon as a KFO map is selected, all the KF maps disappear keeping the player stuck in KFO until an admin manually changes the server. I want the common player to be able to swap freely between KF and KFO using KFMapVoteV2. Has anyone been able to get that to work?​

Cheers

Upvote 0
GameLength is available only in ScrnBalance and only if you are using ScrnGameType.

Below is listed KFMapVote.ini from one of our servers. Maybe you'll find something useful down there:
Code:
[KFMapVoteV2.KFVotingHandler]
VoteTimeLimit=60
ScoreBoardDelay=5
bAutoOpen=True
MidGameVotePercent=50
bScoreMode=False
bAccumulationMode=False
bEliminationMode=False
MinMapCount=2
MapVoteHistoryType=xVoting.MapVoteHistory_INI
RepeatLimit=0
DefaultGameConfig=0
bDefaultToCurrentGameType=True
bMapVote=True
bKickVote=True
bMatchSetup=False
KickPercent=51
bAnonymousKicking=False
MapListLoaderType=xVoting.DefaultMapListLoader
ServerNumber=1
CurrentGameConfig=4
GameConfig=(GameClass="ScrnBalanceSrv.ScrnGameType",Prefix="KF-",Acronym="Sui",GameName="S1. ScrN Suicidal (6p)",Mutators="KFCtryTags.CtryTags,ServerPerksMut.ServerPerksMut,ScrnBalanceSrv.ScrnBalance,ScrnZedManager.ZedCfgB,KFPatHPLeft.MutPatHPLeft,MutKillMessage.MutKillMessage",Options="Difficulty=5?GameLength=2?MaxPlayers=6")
GameConfig=(GameClass="ScrnBalanceSrv.ScrnGameType",Prefix="KF-",Acronym="SuiDoom",GameName="S2. ScrN Suicidal Doom 3 Monsters (20p)",Mutators="KFCtryTags.CtryTags,ServerPerksMut.ServerPerksMut,ScrnBalanceSrv.ScrnBalance,ScrnZedManager.ZedCfgB,KFPatHPLeft.MutPatHPLeft,ScrnDoom3KF.Doom3Mutator,ScrnD3Ach.D3AchMut,MutKillMessage.MutKillMessage",Options="Difficulty=5??MaxPlayers=20?GameLength=2")
GameConfig=(GameClass="ScrnBalanceSrv.ScrnGameType",Prefix="KF-",Acronym="SuiSuper",GameName="S4. ScrN Suicidal Super Zombies (6p)",Mutators="KFCtryTags.CtryTags,ServerPerksMut.ServerPerksMut,ScrnBalanceSrv.ScrnBalance,ScrnZedManager.ZedCfgB,KFPatHPLeft.MutPatHPLeft,SZAdvancedConfig.SZACMutator,MutKillMessage.MutKillMessage",Options="Difficulty=5??MaxPlayers=6?GameLength=2")
GameConfig=(GameClass="ScrnBalanceSrv.ScrnGameType",Prefix="KF-",Acronym="HoE",GameName="H0. ScrN Hell on Earth (6p)",Mutators="KFCtryTags.CtryTags,ServerPerksMut.ServerPerksMut,ScrnBalanceSrv.ScrnBalance,ScrnZedManager.ZedCfgB,KFPatHPLeft.MutPatHPLeft,MutKillMessage.MutKillMessage",Options="Difficulty=7?GameLength=2?MaxPlayers=6")
GameConfig=(GameClass="ScrnBalanceSrv.ScrnGameType",Prefix="KF-",Acronym="HoEDoom",GameName="H2. ScrN HoE Doom 3 Monsters (20p)",Mutators="KFCtryTags.CtryTags,ServerPerksMut.ServerPerksMut,ScrnBalanceSrv.ScrnBalance,ScrnZedManager.ZedCfgB,KFPatHPLeft.MutPatHPLeft,ScrnDoom3KF.Doom3Mutator,ScrnD3Ach.D3AchMut,MutKillMessage.MutKillMessage",Options="Difficulty=7?GameLength=2?MaxPlayers=20")
GameConfig=(GameClass="ScrnBalanceSrv.ScrnGameType",Prefix="KF-",Acronym="HoESuper",GameName="H4. ScrN HoE Super Zombies (6p)",Mutators="KFCtryTags.CtryTags,ServerPerksMut.ServerPerksMut,ScrnBalanceSrv.ScrnBalance,ScrnZedManager.ZedCfgB,KFPatHPLeft.MutPatHPLeft,SZAdvancedConfig.SZACMutator,MutKillMessage.MutKillMessage",Options="Difficulty=7??MaxPlayers=6?GameLength=2")
GameConfig=(GameClass="ScrnBalanceSrv.ScrnGameType",Prefix="KF-",Acronym="Nightmare",GameName="Nightmare Difficulty (12p)",Mutators="KFCtryTags.CtryTags,ServerPerksMut.ServerPerksMut,ScrnBalanceSrv.ScrnBalance,ScrnZedManager.ZedCfgA,KFPatHPLeft.MutPatHPLeft,MutKillMessage.MutKillMessage",Options="Difficulty=7?GameLength=2?MaxPlayers=12")
GameConfig=(GameClass="ScrnBalanceSrv.ScrnStoryGameInfo",Prefix="KFO",Acronym="ObjHard",GameName="Objective Mode 4 - Hard (12p)",Mutators="KFCtryTags.CtryTags,ServerPerksMut.ServerPerksMut,ScrnBalanceSrv.ScrnBalance,ScrnZedManager.ZedCfgC,MutKillMessage.MutKillMessage",Options="Difficulty=4?MaxPlayers=12")
GameConfig=(GameClass="ScrnBalanceSrv.ScrnStoryGameInfo",Prefix="KFO",Acronym="ObjSui",GameName="Objective Mode 5 - Suicidal (12p)",Mutators="KFCtryTags.CtryTags,ServerPerksMut.ServerPerksMut,ScrnBalanceSrv.ScrnBalance,ScrnZedManager.ZedCfgC,MutKillMessage.MutKillMessage",Options="Difficulty=5?MaxPlayers=12")
GameConfig=(GameClass="ScrnBalanceSrv.ScrnStoryGameInfo",Prefix="KFO",Acronym="ObjHoe",GameName="Objective Mode 7 - HoE (12p)",Mutators="KFCtryTags.CtryTags,ServerPerksMut.ServerPerksMut,ScrnBalanceSrv.ScrnBalance,ScrnZedManager.ZedCfgC,MutKillMessage.MutKillMessage",Options="Difficulty=7?MaxPlayers=12")
GameConfig=(GameClass="TSC.TSCGame",Prefix="KF-",Acronym="TSC",GameName="TSC Sui - Team Survival Competition (20p)",Mutators="KFCtryTags.CtryTags,ServerPerksMut.ServerPerksMut,ScrnBalanceSrv.ScrnBalance,ScrnZedManager.ZedCfgC,MutKillMessage.MutKillMessage",Options="MaxPlayers=20?Difficulty=5?GameLength=1?OTWaves=2?SDWaves=1")

Upvote 0
Thank you for the quick reply. Thanks for confirming the game-length problem. I guess manually changing is the way to go with this.

And as for setting up different lists, I realized what my issue was.

When creating default-maplists from the WebAdmin, it creates a new section in the killingfloor.ini and I assumed that is where the alternate list comes from.

Code:
[DefaultKFO MaplistRecord]
DefaultTitle=Default KFO
DefaultGameType=KFStoryGame.KFStoryGameInfo
DefaultActive=0
DefaultMaps=KFO-FrightYard
DefaultMaps=KFO-Steamland

So I hoped that with proper parameters, it would retrieve from DefaultKFO Maplist.

But I guess I had to put all the maps under one maplist and have the prefix KF- and KFO- sort them out.

I'm glad that's figured out now. Thanks for your help!

Upvote 0
Perks disabled when using Voting Handler Fix

Perks disabled when using Voting Handler Fix

Hi!

I've recently set up a dedicated KF server (linux) and installed this mutator in order to be able to change difficulty while playing. It's the only mutator that I've installed, everything else is vanilla. I've activated KFVoteMapV2 by copying both files into the "System" folder and changing

Code:
VotingHandlerType=xVoting.xVotingHandler

to

Code:
VotingHandlerType=KFMapVoteV2.KFVotingHandler

in KillingFloor.ini. Then I've added the voting options through the web interface.

It works, but there's big problem: perks are broken! All progress is lost each time I leave, as if the mod was not whitelisted! If I change the line above back to the original one, perks are working again.

Any suggestions? Did I forget to configure something?

Upvote 0
How do I fix this error? [url]https://i.imgur.com/iAQmI7p.jpg[/URL] ("Map data download in progress. Please try again later.")

It makes voting impossible for quite a long time after mapchange (several minutes). I don't see anyone else mentioning this so I assume I am doing something badly? How can I remedy this? Thanks.

Sounds like you're either not using maplists and the server has to make up the list every time or you just happen to have a list with 2000 maps

Solution: check the box that says "Use Maplists" and/or try to only keep the good maps, I believe no more than a 150 exists and that's generous.

Upvote 0