• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Mod: Voting Handler Fix

You can configure voting for Objective mode or normal Waves with custom difficulty like this, notice map prefixes.

ns4WrDO.png

For the clarity, I have disabled mutators on the screen.
You could also add extra configs for cutom modes (for example change diffiiculty only, or objective/waves) but that requires map selection resulting in map change.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
When I run this mod on my server it makes loading maps take a really long time. It just sits there before you download the map. It also makes restarting the server take forever. These problems don't happen when I don't have the mod installed. I have also tried this on 2 different servers in 2 different locations.

Any ideas?

Upvote 0
When I run this mod on my server it makes loading maps take a really long time. It just sits there before you download the map. It also makes restarting the server take forever. These problems don't happen when I don't have the mod installed. I have also tried this on 2 different servers in 2 different locations.

Any ideas?

This probably happens, because your server doesn't use maplists and supposed to generate the list on each restart or map change. You can enable maplists in KFMapVote.ini.

Upvote 0
This probably happens, because your server doesn't use maplists and supposed to generate the list on each restart or map change. You can enable maplists in KFMapVote.ini.

As I looked up this I noticed it uses a horrible slow method for getting the maplist of the server. For some reason Epic didn't make it use cache records, instead they used "GetMapName" function which is horribly optimized (every time you call it, it uses a windows function to list files in directory and generate a string array, then simply return one entry from there and discard rest of the array).
That's something I shall fix in version 3 of this mapvote.

okay if adminlogin <pw> n i loggged in as admin i cant force map change wtf??
You have to right click the map in maplist and select "Force map" instead.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Considering feature requests are now a thing in this thread I'm gonna jump in. ;)
Anyone else experience an issue where, attempting to force a map switch will cause the force to apply to the first map in maplist even when it is not anywhere near the one actually selected?

Also, if you do V3, please make the like/dislike poll optional. And prevent multiple voting gui's to open over the top of one another because of auto-open.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Having difficulty as a separate dropdown list in the map vote GUI would be handy since it's such a common use of this mod. Just so we don't have to make up to 5 copy paste entries for each gameconfig with one number changed.

Changing the prefix column in the gameconfig to be a dropdown to select between maplists would be pretty cool, but not sure how possible it'd be since gameconfigs are part of the vanilla server/webadmin.

Also, something I can't seem to figure out but I think is already possible, does anyone know how to set a gameconfig to use on startup? Just so I don't have to copy paste from the gameconfig to my startup script as well.

Upvote 0
I cannot get this to be whitelisted for the life of me. Can anyone post step by step instructions on how to do so?

This is what I am doing and what is NOT working:
1. Extract files and place them in ~/kf/System/
2. Change [Engine.GameInfo] VotingHandlerType=xVoting.xVotingHandler to VotingHandlerType=KFMapVoteV2.KFVotingHandler
3. Startup and set voting game configs, just 2 different ones for different difficulties for simplicity/testing.
4. Run "Set GameInfo VotingHandlerType KFMapVoteV2.KFVotingHandler" from the webadmin panel.
5. Shut down KF server and move the [KFMapVoteV2.KFVotingHandler] section to ~/.killingfloor/System/KFMapVote.ini
6. Start server.

When I do this, the server runs the mod, but it is greylisted and there is no perk progression. Does anyone have ANY sort of documentation on how to install this mod without greylisting the server?

Also, posting of md5/sha hashes of the files would also be useful, just to be absolutely certain I have the correct files.

Upvote 0
Sorry for the bump.

I'm currently having an issue with my server. I wanted to have a mixed server with both Normal Wave-Based and Objective modes available to be voted, however when Objective mode gets voted and map changes, the Objective map doesn't load any objectives.

For example, if KFO SteamLand gets voted, when the server loads it, seems that it loads regular KF-SteamLand with KFO Mode. ZEDs don't spawn and objectives don't load. Something similar happens with KFO-FrightYard, the objective doesn't starts and the gate at the beginning of the map doesn't open.

This is how i set up my config modes:

Wave:

Objective:

Did i do something wrong?

Thanks in advance.

Upvote 0
i was wondering i just use this mutator to make it multi-difficulty in other words people can vote the same map list but, they can choose the difficulty however it disabled the perks unless it takes some time to load them wich i doubt since everytime i join to the server my perks get loaded in about 1 second or 2 and with this mutator my perks never load any solution to this? this is strange since its a whitelist mutator any help would be appreciated :D

Upvote 0
*EDIT*
I fixed my problem below with the default vote manager.
Despite looking over the ini 101 times I failed to notice my spelling mistake.

I tried this on my server and with it enabled all perks were disabled.
I checked that I had set it up correctly, both by editing killingfloor.ini and also trying the command via webadmin, with no luck.

So I removed it and set the line in killingfloor.ini back to the default vote manager.

However since doing this the Voting.GameConfig area under the Defaults tab in WebAdmin no longer works.
It no longer shows the default KF option with the ability to edit and add mutators to it.
It just has the New button, and clicking on that does nothing.

So I am kind of stuck as I do not have access to the ?Mutator= command line option on my server, so I used the Voting.GameConfig area to specify what mutators should load when a new map was loaded.
So at worst if my server crashes and I am not around to fix it, at least it is only one map that is played without the mutators loaded.

So any help to fix the problem will be greatly appreciated.

Last edited:
Upvote 0