• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Mod: Voting Handler Fix

TY for response, how ever im trying to add a slot machine mod in the voting config but keep getting this error

Error: GameConfig::ImportText: Bad termination in: (GameClass="KFMod.KFGameType",Prefix="kf",Acronym="NO PERK PROGRESSION",GameName="M.Slots MiniGame",Mutators="MutSlotMachine.MutSlotMachine"

its my 12th gametype and it seems i cant get it working now even though its on 5 other gametypes??? any thoughs?

Upvote 0
i need different mapvote setting in one server and different setting in second server, but i dont know how..

please help

currently the mapvote settings are stored in one file, KFMapvote.ini, which is located in the system directory. If you have multiple servers running off the same install they will all point to that file, and have the same vote settings.
The way to get around that is to use a separate install directory for each server instance. Then they will all have their own KFMapvote.ini file and their own mapvote settings.

what WOULD be nice is if there was a method to use different .ini files ie KFMapvote1.ini, KFMapvote2.ini etc. for multiple server instances using the same install directory.

But if that option was implemented in the mod, I don't know the method to access it.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
1047 game version worked perfectly, but 1049 keeps crashing the server! :(

Spoiler!

Spoiler!

Spoiler!

Terrible unstable the 1049 update! :mad:

Upvote 0
1047 game version worked perfectly, but 1049 keeps crashing the server! :(

Spoiler!

Spoiler!

Spoiler!

Terrible unstable the 1049 update! :mad:
Can anyone else confirm this problem happening to them? If they have resolved it please share it.

We need to notify Tripwire somehow to fix the problem, if it's withing the Killing Floor engine.

Upvote 0
When I put this in, my server no longer had perks. I only wanted this to change the difficulty. This is what I had. Is this wrong?

2013-07-14_21-26-26.png

Upvote 0
Will users be able to choose KFO with this mutator?

Thanks

Yes. You can also add the GunGame. Like so.

Code:
[KFMapVoteV2.KFVotingHandler]
VoteTimeLimit=60
ScoreBoardDelay=5
bAutoOpen=True
MidGameVotePercent=51
bScoreMode=False
bAccumulationMode=False
bEliminationMode=False
MinMapCount=1
MapVoteHistoryType=xVoting.MapVoteHistory_INI
RepeatLimit=0
DefaultGameConfig=0
bDefaultToCurrentGameType=True
bMapVote=True
bKickVote=True
bMatchSetup=False
KickPercent=51
bAnonymousKicking=False
MapListLoaderType=xVoting.DefaultMapListLoader
ServerNumber=1
CurrentGameConfig=7
GameConfig=(GameClass="KFMod.KFGameType",Prefix="KF-",Acronym="KF-",GameName="Killing Floor - Easy",Mutators=,Options="difficulty=1")
GameConfig=(GameClass="KFMod.KFGameType",Prefix="KF-",Acronym="KF-",GameName="Killing Floor - Normal",Mutators=,Options="difficulty=2")
GameConfig=(GameClass="KFMod.KFGameType",Prefix="KF-",Acronym="KF-",GameName="Killing Floor - Skilled",Mutators=,Options="difficulty=3")
GameConfig=(GameClass="KFMod.KFGameType",Prefix="KF-",Acronym="KF-",GameName="Killing Floor - Hard",Mutators=,Options="difficulty=4")
GameConfig=(GameClass="KFMod.KFGameType",Prefix="KF-",Acronym="KF-",GameName="Killing Floor - Suicidal",Mutators=,Options="difficulty=5")
GameConfig=(GameClass="KFMod.KFGameType",Prefix="KF-",Acronym="KF-",GameName="Killing Floor - InHuman",Mutators=,Options="difficulty=6")
GameConfig=(GameClass="KFMod.KFGameType",Prefix="KF-",Acronym="KF-",GameName="Killing Floor - Hell on Earth",Mutators=,Options="difficulty=7")
GameConfig=(GameClass="KFGunGame.KFGG",Prefix="GG",Acronym="GG",GameName="KF - Gun Game",Mutators=,Options="MaxPlayers=32")
GameConfig=(GameClass="KFStoryGame.KFStoryGameInfo",Prefix="KFO",Acronym="KFO",GameName="KF Objective - Easy",Mutators=,Options="difficulty=1")
GameConfig=(GameClass="KFStoryGame.KFStoryGameInfo",Prefix="KFO",Acronym="KFO",GameName="KF Objective - Normal",Mutators=,Options="difficulty=2")
GameConfig=(GameClass="KFStoryGame.KFStoryGameInfo",Prefix="KFO",Acronym="KFO",GameName="KF Objective - Skilled",Mutators=,Options="difficulty=3")
GameConfig=(GameClass="KFStoryGame.KFStoryGameInfo",Prefix="KFO",Acronym="KFO",GameName="KF Objective - Hard",Mutators=,Options="difficulty=4")
GameConfig=(GameClass="KFStoryGame.KFStoryGameInfo",Prefix="KFO",Acronym="KFO",GameName="KF Objective - Suicidal",Mutators=,Options="difficulty=5")
GameConfig=(GameClass="KFStoryGame.KFStoryGameInfo",Prefix="KFO",Acronym="KFO",GameName="KF Objective - InHuman",Mutators=,Options="difficulty=6")
GameConfig=(GameClass="KFStoryGame.KFStoryGameInfo",Prefix="KFO",Acronym="KFO",GameName="KF Objective - Hell on Earth",Mutators=,Options="difficulty=7")

Last edited:
Upvote 0
When I put this in, my server no longer had perks. I only wanted this to change the difficulty. This is what I had. Is this wrong?

2013-07-14_21-26-26.png

When you make the changes in WebAdmin it saves the configuration in the KillingFloor.ini file. Thats the issue I had when i installed this the first time.

To fix it.. copy the gameconfig information from the KillingFloor.ini and paste it into the KFMapVote.ini file. That will allow the server to perk. Then Delete the voting config information from the KillingFloor.ini

GameConfig Example:
Code:
GameConfig=(GameClass="KFMod.KFGameType",Prefix="KF-",Acronym="KF-",GameName="Killing Floor - Easy",Mutators=,Options="difficulty=1")
GameConfig=(GameClass="KFMod.KFGameType",Prefix="KF-",Acronym="KF-",GameName="Killing Floor - Normal",Mutators=,Options="difficulty=2")
GameConfig=(GameClass="KFMod.KFGameType",Prefix="KF-",Acronym="KF-",GameName="Killing Floor - Skilled",Mutators=,Options="difficulty=3")
GameConfig=(GameClass="KFMod.KFGameType",Prefix="KF-",Acronym="KF-",GameName="Killing Floor - Hard",Mutators=,Options="difficulty=4")
GameConfig=(GameClass="KFMod.KFGameType",Prefix="KF-",Acronym="KF-",GameName="Killing Floor - Suicidal",Mutators=,Options="difficulty=5")
GameConfig=(GameClass="KFMod.KFGameType",Prefix="KF-",Acronym="KF-",GameName="Killing Floor - InHuman",Mutators=,Options="difficulty=6")
GameConfig=(GameClass="KFMod.KFGameType",Prefix="KF-",Acronym="KF-",GameName="Killing Floor - Hell on Earth",Mutators=,Options="difficulty=7")

Last edited:
Upvote 0
currently the mapvote settings are stored in one file, KFMapvote.ini, which is located in the system directory. If you have multiple servers running off the same install they will all point to that file, and have the same vote settings.
The way to get around that is to use a separate install directory for each server instance. Then they will all have their own KFMapvote.ini file and their own mapvote settings.

what WOULD be nice is if there was a method to use different .ini files ie KFMapvote1.ini, KFMapvote2.ini etc. for multiple server instances using the same install directory.

But if that option was implemented in the mod, I don't know the method to access it.

my solution is use 0700 permission on KFMapVote.ini, and in server#.ini use this:
Code:
[xVoting.xVotingHandler]
GameConfig=(GameClass="KFMod.KFGameType",Prefix="KF",Acronym="KF",GameName="KF [Hard Difficulty]",Mutators="ServerPerksMut.ServerPerksMut,KFPatHPLeft.MutPatHPLeft,KFARGChat.KFARGChat,KFCtryTags.CtryTags,MutKFAntiBlocker.MutKFAntiBlocker,AutoSpawner.AutoSpawner,DropAllWeapMut.DropAllWeapMut,MutKillMessage.MutKillMessage,KFDamagePopup.mutDamagePopup",Options="Difficulty=4")
GameConfig=(GameClass="KFMod.KFGameType",Prefix="KF",Acronym="KF",GameName="KF [Suicidal Difficulty]",Mutators="ServerPerksMut.ServerPerksMut,KFPatHPLeft.MutPatHPLeft,KFARGChat.KFARGChat,KFCtryTags.CtryTags,MutKFAntiBlocker.MutKFAntiBlocker,AutoSpawner.AutoSpawner,DropAllWeapMut.DropAllWeapMut,MutKillMessage.MutKillMessage,KFDamagePopup.mutDamagePopup",Options="Difficulty=5")
GameConfig=(GameClass="KFMod.KFGameType",Prefix="KF",Acronym="KF",GameName="KF [Hell on Earth Difficulty]",Mutators="ServerPerksMut.ServerPerksMut,KFPatHPLeft.MutPatHPLeft,KFARGChat.KFARGChat,KFCtryTags.CtryTags,MutKFAntiBlocker.MutKFAntiBlocker,AutoSpawner.AutoSpawner,DropAllWeapMut.DropAllWeapMut,MutKillMessage.MutKillMessage,KFDamagePopup.mutDamagePopup",Options="Difficulty=7")
GameConfig=(GameClass="KFMod.KFGameType",Prefix="KF",Acronym="KF",GameName="KF [Hard Difficulty, Slot Machine]",Mutators="ServerPerksMut.ServerPerksMut,KFPatHPLeft.MutPatHPLeft,KFARGChat.KFARGChat,KFCtryTags.CtryTags,MutKFAntiBlocker.MutKFAntiBlocker,MutSlotMachine.MutSlotMachine,AutoSpawner.AutoSpawner,DropAllWeapMut.DropAllWeapMut,MutKillMessage.MutKillMessage,KFDamagePopup.mutDamagePopup",Options="Difficulty=4")
GameConfig=(GameClass="KFMod.KFGameType",Prefix="KF",Acronym="KF",GameName="KF [Suicidal Difficulty, Slot Machine]",Mutators="ServerPerksMut.ServerPerksMut,KFPatHPLeft.MutPatHPLeft,KFARGChat.KFARGChat,KFCtryTags.CtryTags,MutKFAntiBlocker.MutKFAntiBlocker,MutSlotMachine.MutSlotMachine,AutoSpawner.AutoSpawner,DropAllWeapMut.DropAllWeapMut,MutKillMessage.MutKillMessage,KFDamagePopup.mutDamagePopup",Options="Difficulty=5")
GameConfig=(GameClass="KFMod.KFGameType",Prefix="KF",Acronym="KF",GameName="KF [Hell on Earth Difficulty, Slot Machine]",Mutators="ServerPerksMut.ServerPerksMut,KFPatHPLeft.MutPatHPLeft,KFARGChat.KFARGChat,KFCtryTags.CtryTags,MutKFAntiBlocker.MutKFAntiBlocker,MutSlotMachine.MutSlotMachine,AutoSpawner.AutoSpawner,DropAllWeapMut.DropAllWeapMut,MutKillMessage.MutKillMessage,KFDamagePopup.mutDamagePopup",Options="Difficulty=7")
GameConfig=(GameClass="KFSurvival.KFSurvival",Prefix="KF",Acronym="KF",GameName="KF Survival [Hard Difficulty]",Mutators="ServerPerksMut.ServerPerksMut,KFPatHPLeft.MutPatHPLeft,KFARGChat.KFARGChat,KFCtryTags.CtryTags,MutKFAntiBlocker.MutKFAntiBlocker,AutoSpawner.AutoSpawner,DropAllWeapMut.DropAllWeapMut,MutKillMessage.MutKillMessage,KFDamagePopup.mutDamagePopup",Options="Difficulty=4")
GameConfig=(GameClass="KFSurvival.KFSurvival",Prefix="KF",Acronym="KF",GameName="KF Survival [Suicidal Difficulty]",Mutators="ServerPerksMut.ServerPerksMut,KFPatHPLeft.MutPatHPLeft,KFARGChat.KFARGChat,KFCtryTags.CtryTags,MutKFAntiBlocker.MutKFAntiBlocker,AutoSpawner.AutoSpawner,DropAllWeapMut.DropAllWeapMut,MutKillMessage.MutKillMessage,KFDamagePopup.mutDamagePopup",Options="Difficulty=5")
GameConfig=(GameClass="KFSurvival.KFSurvival",Prefix="KF",Acronym="KF",GameName="KF Survival [Hell on Earth Difficulty]",Mutators="ServerPerksMut.ServerPerksMut,KFPatHPLeft.MutPatHPLeft,KFARGChat.KFARGChat,KFCtryTags.CtryTags,MutKFAntiBlocker.MutKFAntiBlocker,AutoSpawner.AutoSpawner,DropAllWeapMut.DropAllWeapMut,MutKillMessage.MutKillMessage,KFDamagePopup.mutDamagePopup",Options="Difficulty=7")
GameConfig=(GameClass="KFSurvival.KFSurvival",Prefix="KF",Acronym="KF",GameName="KF Survival [Hard Difficulty, Slot Machine]",Mutators="ServerPerksMut.ServerPerksMut,KFPatHPLeft.MutPatHPLeft,KFARGChat.KFARGChat,KFCtryTags.CtryTags,MutKFAntiBlocker.MutKFAntiBlocker,MutSlotMachine.MutSlotMachine,AutoSpawner.AutoSpawner,DropAllWeapMut.DropAllWeapMut,MutKillMessage.MutKillMessage,KFDamagePopup.mutDamagePopup",Options="Difficulty=4")
GameConfig=(GameClass="KFSurvival.KFSurvival",Prefix="KF",Acronym="KF",GameName="KF Survival [Suicidal Difficulty, Slot Machine]",Mutators="ServerPerksMut.ServerPerksMut,KFPatHPLeft.MutPatHPLeft,KFARGChat.KFARGChat,KFCtryTags.CtryTags,MutKFAntiBlocker.MutKFAntiBlocker,MutSlotMachine.MutSlotMachine,AutoSpawner.AutoSpawner,DropAllWeapMut.DropAllWeapMut,MutKillMessage.MutKillMessage,KFDamagePopup.mutDamagePopup",Options="Difficulty=5")
GameConfig=(GameClass="KFSurvival.KFSurvival",Prefix="KF",Acronym="KF",GameName="KF Survival [Hell on Earth Difficulty, Slot Machine]",Mutators="ServerPerksMut.ServerPerksMut,KFPatHPLeft.MutPatHPLeft,KFARGChat.KFARGChat,KFCtryTags.CtryTags,MutKFAntiBlocker.MutKFAntiBlocker,MutSlotMachine.MutSlotMachine,AutoSpawner.AutoSpawner,DropAllWeapMut.DropAllWeapMut,MutKillMessage.MutKillMessage,KFDamagePopup.mutDamagePopup",Options="Difficulty=7")

but i have new problem, i can not use more than 10 GameConfig. If use 11, 12, ... server will be crash. Anyone have better solution ?

Upvote 0
Is there a way to put only chosen maps in the list f.e. in "Story" gametype?
I need to make this special list for story maps and then make a selectable option for that list only (switching server to story mode) and voting only in that sub-list. Sadly those maps got standard prefixes (not like Objective maps) so they come with standard wave maps and I'm sure changing those prefixes could do more harm than being useful...

Upvote 0