• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Mod: Voting Handler Fix

I figured out that 2K4Menu.utx has to be installed server side for the modified map vote to load properly. I was having the same exact problem until I did this.

Any idea where i can get this file? im having the same issue, i can see 2K4Menus.utx in the textures directory on the server.

Also

Under
[Engine.GameInfo]

there is already
VotingHandlerType=xVoting.xVotingHandler

do we change this to below?
VotingHandlerType=KFMapVote.KFVotingHandler

or do we add it, so both lines are there?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
How can I delete the wrong KF Gametype that I create when I tried this mutator for the first time? :p
42106581.jpg

Upvote 0
Couldn't get this to work, added where the file goes, edited the config and ended up with an empty Vote Config Screen, the New Button does nothing.

I did attempt to enter the command line in the console, not sure if it was working or not.

Is there another Mut I need to run in order to get this to work?

I'm getting the same problem.

Is there something I'm missing?

Upvote 0
Is there a way to set it up so that it switches maplists along with mode?

I want to make it so that when on my server, you can vote for vehicle mode, and it'll show all the KF-*mapname*_KFVM maps, let you vote, and then it turns on the vehicle mod mutator and switches to the selected map..
Same for story mode maps, and regular stock maps.

(is this mutator really white-listed? I can't pick perks! Though this might be because of some experimenting I did earlier.)

Upvote 0
Try adding manually one voting option on server KillingFloor.ini (find line "[KFMapVote.KFVotingHandler]", if not found simply add this from below at the end of ini file):

Tried that and still getting the same problem.

Code:
Warning: xWebQueryDefaults Package.UTServerAdmin.xWebQueryDefaults (Function xWebAdmin.xWebQueryDefaults.QueryVotingGameConfig:0067) Accessed None 'VotingHandler'
Warning: xWebQueryDefaults Package.UTServerAdmin.xWebQueryDefaults (Function xWebAdmin.xWebQueryDefaults.QueryVotingGameConfig:03FA) Accessed None 'VotingHandler'
Warning: xWebQueryDefaults Package.UTServerAdmin.xWebQueryDefaults (Function xWebAdmin.xWebQueryDefaults.QueryVotingGameConfig:0430) Accessed None 'VotingHandler'
Warning: xWebQueryDefaults Package.UTServerAdmin.xWebQueryDefaults (Function xWebAdmin.xWebQueryDefaults.QueryVotingGameConfig:046F) Accessed None 'VotingHandler'
Warning: xWebQueryDefaults Package.UTServerAdmin.xWebQueryDefaults (Function xWebAdmin.xWebQueryDefaults.QueryVotingGameConfig:0067) Accessed None 'VotingHandler'
Warning: xWebQueryDefaults Package.UTServerAdmin.xWebQueryDefaults (Function xWebAdmin.xWebQueryDefaults.QueryVotingGameConfig:03FA) Accessed None 'VotingHandler'
Warning: xWebQueryDefaults Package.UTServerAdmin.xWebQueryDefaults (Function xWebAdmin.xWebQueryDefaults.QueryVotingGameConfig:0430) Accessed None 'VotingHandler'
Warning: xWebQueryDefaults Package.UTServerAdmin.xWebQueryDefaults (Function xWebAdmin.xWebQueryDefaults.QueryVotingGameConfig:046F) Accessed None 'VotingHandler'

I'm guessing this is the problem.

Upvote 0
I'm guessing this is the problem.
That is the problem. Make sure you copied over "2K4Menus.utx" to your server Textures folder (it does NOT automatically install that file with dedicated server install) in order for the mutator to work!
Even so there should be loading errors in server log in case something else was done wrong.

Upvote 0
Is there anyway to make it possible so that it announces what gametype people are voting for? as it is many different people can vote for different gametypes on the same map and nobody knows which map is tied to what gametype.

I could for example vote for a DeathMatch gametype when everyone is currently playing KillingFloor gametype, everybody follows my lead and votes the same map as me. When the new map loads up everyone but me is given a surprise.

Upvote 0
Is there anyway to make it possible so that it announces what gametype people are voting for? as it is many different people can vote for different gametypes on the same map and nobody knows which map is tied to what gametype.

I could for example vote for a DeathMatch gametype when everyone is currently playing KillingFloor gametype, everybody follows my lead and votes the same map as me. When the new map loads up everyone but me is given a surprise.

Yeah im 100% behind this. What really needs to be done is like what the Unreal Series have done by adding (GameType) at the end of the map name for example: KF-Bioticslab(VSMode). The preffix gets configured so why not have it showing at end of vote too?

Upvote 0