• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

MOD starting in difficult

I have followed the instruction of our moderator here :

http://udn.epicgames.com/Two/ImprovedModSupport

MyMod load correctly , but no modification works ( changing ammo count, or tank armor , etc .... )

I have found the incriminated files into the new sdk folders :

C:\Program Files\Steam\SteamApps\YOURUSER\red orchestra
in Roroles, Roammo, Etc, but when i copy paste this files into my "mymod/mycode" folder , it doesn't work ....

The most important thing i have seen, is that if i delete the entiere folder "redorchestra", my game works fine again, and when i just modifiy some files into , the game works and no changes appear ....

So , is it true that we can mod the folder
C:\Program Files\Steam\SteamApps\YOURUSER\red orchestra like we modded the folder C:/ut2004 before ???

i'm pretty sure that we can't because the game is powered by steam, and the real files that the game read for playing is stocked into the gcf format files that WE CANT MODIFY ...

i want to modify a lot of things who are crap in ro.

I want , more realism for mg,
I want , 1 round map 60 minute
I want , a very short reinforcement
etc etc etc

i used to mod on cod, coduo , cod2 .... so , i want to do the samething on Ro.

I'm not sure that the url that u give me tells me the solution , cause a i knew this site and i didn't found any solutions before.

Upvote 0
Coding for unreal works like so:

Everything you do most be ADDED to whats allready there, if you change any of RO's files RO will see this and kick you from any server as it thinks you are trying to cheat.

So lets say you want to make a small mod that changes the skins of the germans to Wolf-3D looking ones (just an example here), what you need to do for something like that is create your own texture pack, and then make a mutator that tells the game "when you see this skin, change it to this skin instead", thats how it works, you add ontop of whats allready there, by telling the game to disregard the standards and use your code/model/skin instead.

Upvote 0