• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Code Mod start

Six_Ten

Grizzled Veteran
Mar 12, 2006
aztecmod.darkesthourgame.com
I hope you all can help me get started. I don't want to change much of the basic functionality of the game, most changes will be cosmetic.

When I get proficient I can make it fancy, but for now as I'm learning I really want to keep it simple and make changes like these:

- Artwork and music will change, but the menu choices will be similar.
- I'll change the point values for kills and objectives, but the basic scoring system will be the same.
- Player models will be Aztecs and Spaniards instead of Germans and Russians.
- Weapons will be those available in 1520.

I was able to modify the SPFramework for UT2004. I can code enough to get started. I can model, texture, and animate. I tried to modify the Mod version of RO but couldn't get ucc.exe to compile any of the .uc files. Rather than reinvent the wheel I want to just build off Ostfront and make my mod. My first goal is a simple mod with custom artwork and music (this I know how to do in UT) with three simple maps (which are ready).

Can someone show me step by step what to do to set up for this?

What files do I need to create to mod Ostfront and have it show up in Steam so I can playtest it?

What does the most basic file structure look like?

Bit off-topic but if you need any concept artwork (done by hand) give me a shout. Its been ages since my last proper drawing and i look forward to starting again.

EDIT: also, aren't you that guy who did the space mod with Rich_Zap? The one based on Newtonian physics? If so i was one of the testers, pity it didnt carry through.

Upvote 0