• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

MOD request: Italian Army in Stalingrad

RiccardoTheBeAst

Grizzled Veteran
Sep 19, 2009
Italy
Last edited:
Reactions: Killyouall
Now, unless I have missed anything, there was only one Italian unit actually in the city of Stalginrad - and it was a transport unit. But the Italian 8th Army had been holding the line along the Don, a long way to the north-west... Not sure how much fun it would be as a mod, seeing the Italians were poorly equipped and led - and the Red Army largely ran straight through them.

Upvote 0
/offtopic

Where have you come across that information ?

I'm guessing he's referring to the below;

We are now for the first time ever accepting donations to the team that has brought you Darkest Hour: Europe '44-'45. And here's why: With your help, the team can cover the initial and working costs of Darkest Hour's spiritual successor, a from-the-ground-up project using the latest in game development tools.

Altough it only alludes to a potential new project.

Upvote 0
Now, unless I have missed anything, there was only one Italian unit actually in the city of Stalginrad - and it was a transport unit. But the Italian 8th Army had been holding the line along the Don, a long way to the north-west... Not sure how much fun it would be as a mod, seeing the Italians were poorly equipped and led - and the Red Army largely ran straight through them.

Also others outnumbered and outgunned factions are going to be added to the game. And some of those factions are still in OST, and it's funny to play with them. So, why not also the Italians?

I think it would be more interesting if the Italians, Romanians, Hungarians and Croatians were in the same mod :IS2:
I actually hope to see the Italian front in DH2 when it comes out :p

My first successful threadjack, Im so proud!

Anyway, try talking to the Turul team, implementing the minor axis powers as one would prevent further fragmentation (one mod for italians, one for romania, etc...)

Uhm, these suggestions are really good....think about it....in fact doing a lot of mod about minor/seconday factions will split too much the community and then it'll reduce the entertainment. Great point, i will talk with them ;)

Upvote 0
Isnt such a bad idea... making more nationalities is good idea... but the work to be made is much,much ..., and the character voices... for italians/croatians/romanians will be a great problem, and i would need more peoples(modelers/texturers/mappers) for that... we should discuss that matter longer, after heroes of don i planned (maybe) helping a winter war mod :D

Upvote 0