• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Mod Release - KF Gun Game v. 0.70 Alpha

Link seems to be broken again, it's giving me a 404 and a troll face.

I can't count how many times I had to barbarically get the files from the workshop through my kf client.

That's how I got this one a few days ago, and I must say, it is quite awesome, that and the Long Gun Game and iSnipe (which depends on KFGG), now I have so many game modes in the mapvote I can't put anymore or the server crash somehow.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I can't count how many times I had to barbarically get the files from the workshop through my kf client.

That's how I got this one a few days ago, and I must say, it is quite awesome, that and the Long Gun Game and iSnipe (which depends on KFGG), now I have so many game modes in the mapvote I can't put anymore or the server crash somehow.
Long gun game and iSnipe don't need GUN GAME. They only need maps for gun game, and textures for those maps, so you can play it because it uses same levels as "offical" gun game.

Upvote 0
Link seems to be broken again, it's giving me a 404!! :confused: :(

This is what I get:

Not Found

HTTP Error 404. The requested resource is not found.
Apparently the Client files are exactly the same, so I'll go see if I can get them through the workshop method....

EDIT:
This mutator is whitelisted. There also should be a short spawn protection already.

Wait why does this need whitelisting, or why is is whitelisted? You can't select your perks to play as and you are just booted right into the action, unless getting headshots with sharpshooter weapons or dealing damage with other weapons nets you the points into their respective perks? And I am sure you able to switch between Blacklisted, Greylisted and Whitelisted modes/maps fine without a problem on the same server....

EDIT 2: Nope, Blacklisted coz I just checked, perk progression doesn't work, so maybe this mode itself is whitelisted but the maps that came with it are Blacklisted...? Which means it's Blacklisted...Or it's now Blacklisted?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Perhaps Whitelisting in this context means the devs approve/acknowledged and nothing more(but with maps and muts, they would need to approve it and allow perk progression + enabling achievements)...?

There is no whitelist for maps anymore. Was removed many years ago.

Does that mean all and any maps created, even right now, are whitelisted...? The Devil's Doll House map isn't whitelisted....that's the only non whitelisted map I have come across...oh that and the testmaps by A...something (forgot the rest of his name, though I know it starts with A) and some S guy or someone else, and someone by Mutant over at the workshop.

If that's the case, the game mode would be Blacklisted then because I've checked and there's no perk progression nor is there a choice to select your perks and play as them. I've tagged it as such because obviously you won't get any perk progression or achievements from it nor are you even allowed to choose and play as one of the six playable perks...

Last edited:
Upvote 0
There are only whitelist and greylist.
All maps are whitelisted. Tho scripts / mutators that are used on them can be greylisted.

This part exactly. Any maps using code that is not whitelisted will make the map seem like it is greylisted. It's the mutator, not the map itself.

Ok :), well that would still make the map, as a whole, Greylisted since it's using custom code/scripts/muts for it to work that aren't Whitelisted that are apart of the map to function correctly...

In this case with the Gun Game mode, the the mut/script/code makes the Gun Game maps not have perk progression or achievements enabled, therefore the mode along with all the maps are consequently (unofficially, though no idea why he said it was Whitelisted....)Blacklisted.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
The gamemode doesnt use perks. To level up you need to kill zeds. I think that should have been obvious.

Edit: If yoy were to edit a map to remove the use of greylisted coding, the map would be whitelisted again, so its nit the map as a whole, its only to a extentions.
Black listing disables the uses of perks entirely, this gamemode doesnt uses perks at all which is different.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
The gamemode doesnt use perks. To level up you need to kill zeds. I think that should have been obvious.
I know that, I just thought when he said Whitelisted, maybe you could still get perk progression by killing the bots/players with the variety of random guns even if you can't select perks, they'll just progress behind the scenes and only way to check that is to disconnect from server and go to Profile and Achievements...

Edit: If yoy were to edit a map to remove the use of greylisted coding, the map would be whitelisted again, so its nit the map as a whole, its only to a extentions.
Black listing disables the uses of perks entirely, this gamemode doesnt uses perks at all which is different.
Isn't disabling perk use(therefore rendering you perkless) and not using any perks(therefore rendering you perkless) at all exactly the same...?:confused:

Upvote 0
Whether a map has custom code or not, it's still whitelisted. If the code itself was whitelisted, the map will be whitelisted. Same thing, just the custom content (code) makes it greylisted. Technically, it's still whitelisted ;)

This mod was originally made whitelisted but as patches came alone with both in game and the mod itself, it became greylisted. That would generally answer why you're confused.

I don't see a mod like this should level you up anyway as it's a single kill and defines as useless. It's a fun side mod.

Upvote 0
Whether a map has custom code or not, it's still whitelisted. If the code itself was whitelisted, the map will be whitelisted. Same thing, just the custom content (code) makes it greylisted. Technically, it's still whitelisted ;)

Huh, what...? You're confusing me even more!:confused: hahaha So what, I don't need to add the [Greylisted] tag onto maps that have greylisted code, even to let players know that if you play this map, you won't get perk progression or and achievements?

This mod was originally made whitelisted but as patches came alone with both in game and the mod itself, it became greylisted. That would generally answer why you're confused.

I thought Greylisted means you can access the official perks(whether only one of them or all six), but cannot progress through them to the next level or and get any achievements that you managed to pull off whilst playing on a Greylisted map/mode. In GG mode, you can't even access the official perks, so that automatically means it's Blacklisted; the only perks you might be able to access would be the custom ones - but that's still considered Blacklisted because you're not using the official perks, and there's no custom perks in GG mode either... But what if you are able to access both the official and custom perks? Where does this fall under? Dark-Greylist? Hahahaha...:D

I don't see a mod like this should level you up anyway as it's a single kill and defines as useless. It's a fun side mod.
Well at least it's better this than being able to level up on a full on map that's specifically designed to power level your perks....

Well now that there's no longer a Greylist for maps, this is now possible and yes I've recently tested in some of those leveling maps...but I'm already 6's across all my perks anyways, which I attained the hard and fun way of course as I don't find grinding fun nor easy at all, only times it's fun is if I haven't done grinding in anything for a while so it sparks things up a bit because of the slight change in how I usually play.

Upvote 0