• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

[Mod] Portal turret

i did it... =,,=

i did it... =,,=

Decompress it for yourself. Much easier and saves time.

I did it...
But...
Modify, and then,
when compile,
error pop-up
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Failed loading package: Can't find file 'PortalTurret.ukx'
c:\kf\KFPortalTurret\Classes\PortalTurret.uc(474) : Error, Can't find Sound 'TShootClose'
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Upvote 0
I did it...
But...
Modify, and then,
when compile,
error pop-up
Failed loading package: Can't find file 'PortalTurret.ukx'
c:\kf\KFPortalTurret\Classes\PortalTurret.uc(474) : Error, Can't find Sound 'TShootClose'
Do what I did and make a version that is extended off of the original.

Upvote 0
Here you may find raw sources without laser beam effect for improving turret

@*********** can you please tell me that you are not charging money for the mods that you make?
I have just looked through your site and have noticed the word 'Purchase'. I just hope this is a translation issue

Sorry to take the thread off topic but I just needed to know

Upvote 0
@*********** can you please tell me that you are not charging money for the mods that you make?
I have just looked through your site and have noticed the word 'Purchase'. I just hope this is a translation issue

http://secure.plimus.com/jsp/dev_store1.jsp?developerId=984176

For a low price of just 30 bucks ea., you too can enjoy copyrighted material and custom mutators. Buuuuuuut theres more! Choose to purchase a warranty for 5 - 6 bucks and he'll save a backup copy for you for 1 or 2 years! What a deal!

Upvote 0
http://secure.plimus.com/jsp/dev_store1.jsp?developerId=984176http://secure.plimus.com/jsp/dev_store1.jsp?developerId=984176

For a low price of just 30 bucks ea., you too can enjoy copyrighted material and custom mutators. Buuuuuuut theres more! Choose to purchase a warranty for 5 - 6 bucks and he'll save a backup copy for you for 1 or 2 years! What a deal!

OMG???? lololololol

What is this guy on? I can see quite a few law suits coming his way, not just from TWI but from Valve, RWS to mention just 2 of the devs he has stolen content from and trying to get money for it????

lolololol

edit

CHEEKY B***ARD!! :D

Last edited:
Upvote 0

I have noticed this a few weeks back (when I first looked at the custom characters mutator I was making) and thought "no way...". To be honest this is robbing and should never be sold unless it's purely 100% yours but that price is still robbing to be honest.

@*********** - I hope you know that once A person actually buys it...everyone else will just rip it off the server and use it.

Upvote 0
I not sell a stuff as itself. I sell services of making stuff using free downloadable models. Just because there are people who strongly wants some but can't do it by theirself. So I broke the law just as well as all other model mutator makers. About prices... well paypal is too intricate to handle in my country so I use resellers. So if you can't or don't want to purchase my stuff just nevermind.

And by the way I publish many tutorials. So everyone may learn how to make model by himself

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I see your posting mods this community created. Please add official references to those mods and add the creators names.

Like the chainsword by [WPC] Whisky (or Gartley) and the M41A by me and braindead. (http://www.mostimpressive.nl/M41A) Now it looks like you are the one who made these mods, which is not true. Correct it please.

You are selling properties, like those player models, that are not yours to sell. I suggest you remove those, or you will suffer the consequences...mainly the wrath of the companies like Capcom etc. And TWI will not like this either is my guess.

WPC also has some of these mods, like the M41A...or some other secret stuff. But we always have released these for free...since the big companies will come down on you like a 10 ton hammer in the face when you charge money for it.

I dont see a problem with charging money for an unique weapon like that Scythe, if you modelled it all by yourself. But we all know those player models are ripped from the games itself. If I were you I would remove these....or make them free to download...maybe behind a login of somekind.

Word of advice...TWI is a dangerous place for promoting a site that sells intellectual properties of other companies as mutators for killingfloor. Garry's mod always got away with it because it was free I believe, and made by that massive community behind it.

Just some advice

Upvote 0
I not sell a stuff as itself. I sell services of making stuff using free downloadable models. Just because there are people who strongly wants some but can't do it by theirself. So I broke the law just as well as all other model mutator makers. About prices... well paypal is too intricate to handle in my country so I use resellers. So if you can't or don't want to purchase my stuff just nevermind.

And by the way I publish many tutorials. So everyone may learn how to make model by himself

http://secure.plimus.com/jsp/dev_store1.jsp?developerId=984176http://secure.plimus.com/jsp/dev_store1.jsp?developerId=984176

Dude, this site shows that you are selling mods, lol it even has your name on it.

I take it these models are rigged to the TWI bone system? so exectly what part of the models do you own? you have only rigged someone elses models to someone elses bones.

I would suggest having a 'Donate' button rather than a purchase button, as terminology is key here. People can then give you money for your efforts if they feel generous or feel that you deserve something for your time.

I am just concerned about the waves this could create for all of us modders as a whole.
I have said this from the start, that TWI as a community driven company are a fantastic bunch because they are not just lenient at what we make but they have also offered support whenever they could. You don't get this from other companies and this just stabs them in the back as far as I am concerned.

The zoey model from L4D could really cause problems, as Valve has no doubt turned a blind eye to the fact that she is used in quite a few mods but something like this could really cause waves and they could decide that a cease and desist order could be sent out to anyone who uses their content in other games.
Not to mention the Rockstar model.

Please just remember that although you have purchased these games, that you do not own the content, you have only paid for the rights to use them in the game.

edit:

@Hemi. Even if he did make the Scythe, the moment he links it to the TWI hands, he cannot sell it because he will be using content from someone else.
He could sell the scythe model on it's own in a model site but then it's a useless static mesh.

We cannot sell mods!!!! period.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Idd like to see a the opinion from TWI on this. To what extent is something yours as in terms of intellectual property. A weapon model you made for the game in 3ds max and you sell to someone who puts it into the game, that would be ledgit in my opinion.

Actually putting it ingame and selling the mutator I can see as a problem indeed. Since its based off TWI's code.

But how about a total conversion? Could a defense alliance 2 charge money for their mod?

Interessting debate

Upvote 0
If you really wanted source files for it you could had PM'ed me about it, but I added download link for it now in the first post.

Marco, my apologies for derailing your thread, I never thought it would have gone this far

Idd like to see a the opinion from TWI on this. To what extent is something yours as in terms of intellectual property. A weapon model you made for the game in 3ds max and you sell to someone who puts it into the game, that would be ledgit in my opinion.

Actually putting it ingame and selling the mutator I can see as a problem indeed. Since its based off TWI's code.

But how about a total conversion? Could a defense alliance 2 charge money for their mod?

Interessting debate

Creating a model and selling it online is no problem but as you said once you add it to the game, you have lost any right to sell it because you are trying to sell other peoples game files.

Defense Alliance, is completely self made, which extends off the original source code (i believe), which the creators were given express permission to use and then published by TWI.
I doubt they would be able to charge money because the engine is owned by Epic, which TWI have only purchased a 'License' for, to create one game.
A separte license would have to be purchased to create another game.

Upvote 0

Even if what it is you are offering is a 'service' it is still using assets and IP that isn't yours to use. TWI provided a service of developing a game for us but they were still required to pay for a licence to use the Unreal Engine.

Modders for games are allowed to work within the bounds of the EULA that you agree to upon purchase of the game. You are not purchasing the assets, your are purchasing a license to use said software.

Modders need to be VERY careful, as there is decreasing mod support as time goes past. More and more games don't support modding.

Upvote 0
Marco
I just see people who can't recompile your mut and no advices. Because of that I post this stuff. I think It would be really appreciated if you share sources for all muts

Hemi
Just gimme couple hours and I post credits. ...done

braindead
Free stuff makers curse me yes I know. Stop the offtopic

Last edited:
Upvote 0