• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

MLAA/FXAA are inferior to traditional AA in RO2

That "enhanced" line in nvidia control panel should override mlaa to csaa. Haven't bothered to compare as playing without menus is tricky. I seem to recall that without overriding with csaa, electric cable in beginning of tutorial looks ugly, with enhanced csaa its ok.

I don't believe it overrides that. MLAA is post processing, it's done after the proper anti-aliasing.

Upvote 0
look at this screenshot. There are no annying white lines around objects and characters.
This at 4 MSAA with HIGH FXAA

616BF3A3385729B8433D4ADED1DBC939456C3042

Upvote 0
Edit: For the record I want to state that not only does the game look better with traditional AA, but it also performs better on my system in comparison to both FXAA and MLAA.

Is this info still valid after today, because AMD released new Catalyst with great MLAA improvements (up to 80% iperformance increase)?

.. I someone has enough time this should be tested..

Upvote 0
So has the issue with the menu for weapons been addressed? I decided to try this again and it doesn't happen anymore. Does forcing AA still work post patch?

Also within the inspector I cannot locate mass effect 1 or 2 for anti-ailising compatibility/behavior flags. I only see mass effect 3. Does it matter what setting I use for that even if I leave it at default?

Upvote 0