• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

MLAA/FXAA are inferior to traditional AA in RO2

finally, someone shows me what pisses me off about the games graphics. due to the the large performance-losses since the beta, i lowered my settings from "high to ultra" to "middle to high" (still incomprehensible lag spikes though)http://dict.leo.org/ende?lp=ende&p=Ci4HO3kMAA&search=incomprehensible&trestr=0x8004 . the only setting left on ultra is the anti-aliasing, and i always wondered why the world primarily consisted of pixel stairs in the distance, even with the highest aa, putting it on par with the eyesore gta4 that didnt have aa to begin with...

going to try this when i finished redownloading a "clean" version of the game
:)

Upvote 0
Decided to give it a shot.

Success

Game feels so much smoother. Although FPS went up 5-10here and there its the whole feel, it just feels SO much better now.

Even just getting into the menu or the server, lag is not as long as it used to be.

Weird.

PS. I have Nvidia 460

Also for whatever reason I'm now missing my select a gun section when I pick a class. It's blank, not sure if it has anything to do with it or just another bug.

great

Last edited:
Upvote 0
So let me get this straight... You can force AA on with nVidia control panel without using the nVidia inspector mass effect mode which screws up the Menus?

If so please explain how? Ive tried but no go..

Some people have managed it, but the reality is their driver version, or their mass of old registry entries for previous drivers, has the Mass Effect, UE3 AA flag selected without them even knowing.

For the hell of it try going through each flag and playing the game and see if you can get the menus, I tried them all with the latest Nvidia Betas - it was a no go.

Upvote 0
One other tip is to create an nvidia profile..get inspector to streamline it as shown then use the normal nividia control panel (which you will now note has all the correct settings forced) to set up as you want under the nvidia settings.. Takes a bit of the headache out of trying the mass of settings that are available under inspector..

Upvote 0
just force in nvidia control panel don't use inspector. i use nvidia force and works like a beast i get solid 60 fps.:eek:
What settings do I use exactly?

43HSs.png

Upvote 0
yes, menus work that way - but then you have the ugly UE based AA again (MLAA), huge difference compared to just 4x forced AA (much smoother and clearer picture, ingame AA set to off)

so still no cure :(

That "enhanced" line in nvidia control panel should override mlaa to csaa. Haven't bothered to compare as playing without menus is tricky. I seem to recall that without overriding with csaa, electric cable in beginning of tutorial looks ugly, with enhanced csaa its ok.

Upvote 0