• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

MinionWorkz Update Pack Now Available!

Well, the Afterhourz Server has a very high ping (I assume its located in the US?). And there is barely any user on it. We should just setup a single server for europe to spread this wonderful thing.
Well.. I posted one european server here, quite soon after the release of the modification. Pelikaista - JR34 Finland #2. Very high-end hardware, good connections from anywhere in Europe, lightning-fast redirects for downloading the files and maps, maxplayers 50 - but never more than 10-12 players getting bored of not finding anything to shoot at. And even those 10-12 very occasionally, hardly once a week.

As far as I've seen, virtually all servers running the mod seem to have the very same problem; there's not enough players to really keep any of them full. It feels like everyone was thrilled of the mod here, on the forum, but they aren't playing it enough to keep servers crowded and running. Sad, but (mostly) true.

When the server goes empty for long enough, I'll be forced to change it into something more popular - I bet there's no serveradmin who is willing to run an empty server "just for having it".

Upvote 0
My question is: What maps? The new standard ones or the S&D samples, or all of them? As for the standard maps, they are no different than I have ever made and if the server doesn't like larger CA maps, then that is their choice. I would be interested in hearing which maps guys comment on etc. Hopefully other mappers will start releasing content with the new vehicles, then guys will have more variety to play with.

Upvote 0
My question is: What maps? The new standard ones or the S&D samples, or all of them? As for the standard maps, they are no different than I have ever made and if the server doesn't like larger CA maps, then that is their choice. I would be interested in hearing which maps guys comment on etc. Hopefully other mappers will start releasing content with the new vehicles, then guys will have more variety to play with.

The S&D maps aren't fun especially Baraska they can be capped to fast , perhaps adding a final cap behind the targets to be destroyed may improve them.
At the moment we have removed those ones from our server rotation.

Upvote 0
ok i read a few previous posts...

ok i read a few previous posts...

i can just join a server and d\l the files automatically.ok only i just formated my H\D and i have to do that with just about all the custom maps!!!! yikes, well this game is worth it no doubht!
Seems apity i have been modding and installing patches for various games for 15 or so years now, and this( my fav game) is the one that simply defies me the most!
This is second attempt at D\L minion works files and nada!
Ok OK ill just aquire the maps one at a time as i join servers. I only play tank maps anyway so it will move quickly

Upvote 0