• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

[Info] Minimum Specs Tested

So I finally finished up a spare machine I built for the gf and the first thing I wanted to test was the playability of RO2 on it.

Dell Dimension C521 (Free)
Originally came with an Athlon64-3200 and 1 gig ram
Here are the final specs

Athlon X2 6000+ 3Ghz 89W (ebay 43$)
2x512 DDR667 + 2x512 DDR533 (had in stock)
Asus Radeon 6570LP 1024DDR3 (35$ refurbished product)

RO2 runs pretty well on a mix of medium graphics without FXAA

18 lowest to 32FPS, very playable.
Tested with about 64 players for 2jg server, got a few people as a riflemen.

Last edited:
This proves that my Ro2 shouldn't be crashing at almost every map with my Q6600, 9600gt and 3 GB of RAM.
Have you tried defragging your hard drive with a good defrag program. In particular, one that can defrag your page file (or make space for a large unfragmented page file).

Or if you have two hard drives you could try defragging the second (removing and free space between files) and then move your page file over there.

Just a thought....

Upvote 0
I'm not sold on defraggler. I use a commercial defragger (Diskeeper) on my personal machine, but I tried defraggler on my wife's laptop. It seriously took it 48 hours to defrag 90% of the drive. It helped, but I gave upon getting every file defragged (I'm just **** about things sometimes). I'm sure its a fine tool, but you may have to tweak some of the settings.

Upvote 0
This proves that my Ro2 shouldn't be crashing at almost every map with my Q6600, 9600gt and 3 GB of RAM.

Sorry to disapoint you, but it doesn't prove that. That statement would only be valid if the hard ware was 100% the same and if the software drivers where 100% the same. And they are not, or else you would be sitting on a min spec rig.

Upvote 0