• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Minigun Buff

V3RTIGO

FNG / Fresh Meat
May 11, 2021
I think this is something a number of players on steam want, as I've noticed them post this request there a number of times.

My suggestion is as follows:

Significant Damage Buff: Slightly less than the Stoner, the superior weapon (even if un-upgraded)
Mag Size Buff: Increase the Mag size to 200 rounds, but reduce the resulting mag pool by one (200 rounds)

Reactions: Kauzmiq
Realize that the Minigun (and the Stoner) goes against the design of the Commando's intended playstyle, which is basically Sharpshooter-lite: fairly damaging weapons that require aim, recoil control, etc. The class wasn't designed around having triple-digit-ammo spray-and-pray weapons. In fact, both the Minigun and the Stoner become less useful as you improve at the game; they're both currently outdone by the HMTech-401, which is better in pretty much every metric that counts.

Now, it handles fine *IF* you're using it to hold a spot. Will it be as good as the AK/401/SCAR/FAL? No, because if it hit as hard as those, it would be P2W. It still eats Scrakes for lunch if you catch them while revved, and it still does Commando's job (killing trash) if you hold a lane with a Sharp or Support buddy.

You can't just bump the power on the bullets without considering how doing so will adjust breakpoints, shots to kill, etc.

Upvote 0