• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Milestone Reached

Capt.Marion

Grizzled Veteran
Feb 12, 2006
Beantown
100posts.jpg

And this is 1001 that you're reading...

Way to go KF/RO/TW community!

That steak looks absolutely fantastic.

yea wouldn't it be nice if every advertised food actually looked like that when you got it? I'm thinking like subway sandwiches on tv look great and all meaty (lets not forget the people who make them on tv are attractive); however, in real life when you get them its usually flat and smashed with barely any meat on it and then its made by some ugly person who vaguely looks like the kid who sat next to you in science, cept he's 40 to 50 pounds heavier now...haha

Last edited:
Upvote 0
yea wouldn't it be nice if every advertised food actually looked like that when you got it? I'm thinking like subway sandwiches on tv look great and all meaty (lets not forget the people who make them on tv are attractive); however, in real life when you get them its usually flat and smashed with barely any meat on it and then its made by some ugly person who vaguely looks like the kid who sat next to you in science, cept he's 40 to 50 pounds heavier now...haha

Good luck with getting picture perfect food. That stuff you see in pictures is probably one of the tens to hundreds cooked just to select that "perfect" looking piece of food.

Upvote 0
Good luck with getting picture perfect food. That stuff you see in pictures is probably one of the tens to hundreds cooked just to select that "perfect" looking piece of food.

Actually, lots of food you see in advertisements isn't really food at all. It's either fake or it's been touched up, like a cherry on a sundae will have lipstick on it to make it look more perfect and red or whatever. Saves them a lot of cooking. :p

Upvote 0
Actually, lots of food you see in advertisements isn't really food at all. It's either fake or it's been touched up, like a cherry on a sundae will have lipstick on it to make it look more perfect and red or whatever. Saves them a lot of cooking. :p

Hah! That too! I've worked in fast food before and spoke to the people who made those advertisements, especially the video commercials. It's pretty funny when people ask why the food we actually cook is nothing close to what the pictures show.

I could say the same for clothing advertising. The posters of models wearing the latest fashions are not so picture perfect. There's a lot of makeup and photo editing involved.

Upvote 0