• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/
No, obviously he meant this one:

X34vz.jpg

That would be something, wouldn't it?

Oh, clever. :D 10/10, would get trolled again.

BTW, the MG 42 should be in because of mods.

Upvote 0
I don't think I'd ever be using the drum mag myself tbh... In RO:Ost, I always picked the PPS-43 whenever I could due to the 30-odd round magazines. Better way of conserving ammo, you see. I get encouraged to go nuts when I have a 71-round drum mag and I'm facing only one partially-covered guy...

I think I remember reading somewhere that during Stalingrad at least, it was common to go into combat with one 71 round drum mag in your PPsH with and carry stick mags. The logic being you have more ammo before your first reload, you could carry more magazines, and the drum mag(like most drum mags) wasn't nearly as reliable as the stick magazine. Just a tidbit of info I thought I would throw out there.

Upvote 0
I think I remember reading somewhere that during Stalingrad at least, it was common to go into combat with one 71 round drum mag in your PPsH with and carry stick mags. The logic being you have more ammo before your first reload, you could carry more magazines, and the drum mag(like most drum mags) wasn't nearly as reliable as the stick magazine. Just a tidbit of info I thought I would throw out there.

Ooh, interesting stuff. :IS2: It would be cool if TWI could see about doing something in-game that nods to this, but I guess it's a bit too late in development for that. But of course, there are soldiers that carry an extra drum mag instead though, right? But the mags are pretty large, so they end up taking up a lot of space on their backs, I imagine...

Upvote 0
There were a few thousand prototypes of the MG34/41 that had the stronger buffer spring prevalent with the MG42.

machine-gun-mg34-mg42-fig1.jpg

There were MG34/41's in Stalingrad IIRC, so theoretically, you could have both in the game. The MG34/41 would feel, act, and shoot like the MG42, but it just would look more like the MG34.

Upvote 0
Ooh, interesting stuff. :IS2: It would be cool if TWI could see about doing something in-game that nods to this, but I guess it's a bit too late in development for that. But of course, there are soldiers that carry an extra drum mag instead though, right? But the mags are pretty large, so they end up taking up a lot of space on their backs, I imagine...

Has been suggested before, so maybe it is in the game after all:D

edit: Should have quoted NightriderAOF of course, sorry mate.

Upvote 0
There were a few thousand prototypes of the MG34/41 that had the stronger buffer spring prevalent with the MG42.

machine-gun-mg34-mg42-fig1.jpg

There were MG34/41's in Stalingrad IIRC, so theoretically, you could have both in the game. The MG34/41 would feel, act, and shoot like the MG42, but it just would look more like the MG34.
There were regular MG42's in stalingrad too, according to that report above.

Upvote 0
okay really tbh here i would bet that the reason the mg42 isn't in the game is because of time constraints. it will probably be put in later free dlc though i won't speak for them but, that is my best guess. :p

also while im surprised the mg42 isn't in game to start with. im also not as they had to delay the game already and aren't done with it yet. :)

Upvote 0
Upvote 0