• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

RO2 MG42 needs allot more recoil

I do hope you are joking,the whole game is set up to try to balance the opposing sides.
From weapon numbers to rarity of weapons to reinforcement numbers to map balance.

As for the mg debate I would just like it so I am less accurate firing my mg from the hip than my smg,pistol or rifle.

Please note my use of quotation marks. Of course there needs to be a balance, but like I already said this can be achieved without sacrificing realism. Developers for many other games either don't care or don't have the necessary skills (or both) to properly balance two asymmetrical teams so instead they "balance" them. In a game not based on reality this can be acceptable, but not in RO. Many of us play RO because it doesn't completely sacrifice realism and authenticity in order to reach said balance.

OP wants to achieve balance by giving the MG42 recoil it does not have in real life (climbing recoil on a machine gun while prone is extremely gamey) and this is what I'm opposed to.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Realism is far to find in this game, try Ro or Darkest Hour again, that was allot more realistic and balanced, i am never that good with the mg34, since its released i only am on level 25, i played 3 maps with the mg42, and i am already on level 16. All i have to do is aim, click and its pretty much always a hit. If you want realism, go to Arma. Realism smealism, this is still a videogame and videogames should be balanced, because if its not, people will leave the game.

Upvote 0
Realism is far to find in this game, try Ro or Darkest Hour again, that was allot more realistic and balanced, i am never that good with the mg34, since its released i only am on level 25, i played 3 maps with the mg42, and i am already on level 16. All i have to do is aim, click and its pretty much always a hit. If you want realism, go to Arma. Realism smealism, this is still a videogame and videogames should be balanced, because if its not, people will leave the game.

RO was far from realistic as far as recoil goes, RO2 is better in this regard. And of course the MG42 is accurate at the short ranges we play at in this game. Why do you think they included one in every squad? That's what MG's are supposed to do. If you rush them blindly you die. I heard smoke or flanking manouvers work. Much better solution than adding artificial recoil. The videogame argument is a very poor one to make as well. This particular videogame actually tries to appeal to those who like realism, and there aren't many of those games around. Either adapt or play one of the numerous other games that don't.

AHAHAHAHA

infinite sprint is realistic as hell

Say what? Last I checked (Arma 3) the sprint only lasts for a short while and slows down to a much slower jog afterwards. The more gear you're carrying the faster you will tire. Carry too much and you can't even jog without getting tired.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I don't see a need to change the 42 itself, just how fast you can move it and with it. It's a fearsome, accurate weapon, that if need be you could hipfire. In game, there's little hindrance to moving and swiveling fast in QCB, I don't believe that is true to life. It's got a long barrel and is heavy, you wouldn't sprint down hallways and clear rooms with it like you can in game.

Leave the gun alone, add a second click to aim it from the hip and slow down the player.

Upvote 0
Do this and it is fine.

I'd add reducing the muzzle climb and increasing the accuracy as well, to better reflect the characteristics of the real weapon. But considering for how long I've been advocating realistic ballistics to no avail, my expectations aren't that high.

That having been said I'd be happy with the addition of an extra click to enter assault stance when firing from the hip.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Seems everyone here just wants a unbalanced game, probably because most of you get allot of kills with it and wont want your precious baby changed. Trust me, if nothing changes to this gun, everyone will continue to go to the axis side, something that already is happening as most veterans seem to be axis side horny.

Upvote 0
Seems everyone here just wants a unbalanced game, probably because most of you get allot of kills with it and wont want your precious baby changed. Trust me, if nothing changes to this gun, everyone will continue to go to the axis side, something that already is happening as most veterans seem to be axis side horny.

Nahhh. Since its introduction, I have been 'killed' twice by it, and I have shot between 8-12 players using it with my bolt action rifle, including one I met in the halls of Zhytomir where he couldn't seem to hit me and I got him on the third shot.

:D

Upvote 0
If you want a more 'balanced' game, with more people playing Russia, maybe they should nerf the recoil on the 7.62x25 tokarev weapons, because the recoil seems pretty sharp for what it should be. The PPSH41 is barely usable in single shot because the muzzle jumps so much. Start there. The MG42 is fine, as is.

Upvote 0
I've never used the MG42 and only have a handful of kills with the other MGs, but firearms are my favorite thing ever.
EVER
So I hate to see realism tossed out the window for pseudo realism in the name of balance, especially when there are other ways it could be done.

Upvote 0

Childish accusations does not a good argument make. As my signature might imply I play russians more than germans, and I still don't want to see realism take a back seat for balance reasons. Also you seem to ignore every post (of which there are many) pointing out that you can achieve balance without going the easy route of dumbing down weapons.

Upvote 0