• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

RO2 MG42 needs a nerf

Yes im sure nazis ran around with mg42s while the russians cried and nazis mg42 n00b rambo no scoped them all while running around

That's crazy talk. BTW, it's Germans or Axis in game, vs Soviets or Allies.

Looking for solutions here for what is viewed as OP lmgs, but in an acceptable manner for fans of realism.

Is it true, or am I the only one experiencing way too much suppression with the MG42? Its field of effect and duration seems way too big in comparrison with other lmgs, even the maxim feels tame while under direct fire. Bad enough the 42 is burping out 1200 rpm, but to be shaking behind cover in black-n-white with only one round hitting nearby is stupid afraid, especially if my player is supposed to be a "hero".

Upvote 0

Looking for solutions here for what is viewed as OP lmgs, but in an acceptable manner for fans of realism.

Is it true, or am I the only one experiencing way too much suppression with the MG42? Its field of effect and duration seems way too big in comparrison with other lmgs, even the maxim feels tame while under direct fire. Bad enough the 42 is burping out 1200 rpm, but to be shaking behind cover in black-n-white with only one round hitting nearby is stupid afraid, especially if my player is supposed to be a "hero".

Well, it's very hard to get "only one round" out of the thing without sending 2 or so more along with it. Suppression is applied on a per bullet basis so from a code standpoint, it make sense that the several shots in that split second (counteracting the natural suppression decrease) will suppress more.

Upvote 0

1200 rounds per minute is 20 rounds per second... hero or not, that's a sympathetic nervous system stimuli (ie sphincter tightening moment). It was so terrifying that the US Army made a training film about, and intentionally under estimated it's abilities so that troops wouldn't be afraid to attack.
[url]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HotcVCVheiE[/URL]

Upvote 0
1200 rounds per minute is 20 rounds per second... hero or not, that's a sympathetic nervous system stimuli (ie sphincter tightening moment). It was so terrifying that the US Army made a training film about, and intentionally under estimated it's abilities so that troops wouldn't be afraid to attack.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HotcVCVheiE[url]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HotcVCVheiE[/URL]

Yeah but those are mg42s in mounted position not some magical rambo running around with an mg42 hip firing

Upvote 0

Ohh im sorry I thought they werent nazis....

Upvote 0
Except its inaccurate. "Anyone else" often has a problem with inaccuracy.

Accuracy of what?

Are you defining that as membership of the Nazi party, or as a member military arm of the Third Reich espousing and acting towards that regime's goals? Both are valid. Why would such a distinction be important to you?

That sails awfully close to the notion of the good German to me, which Nuremberg spent a long and deliberate time dismantling.

Upvote 0
Accuracy of what?

Are you defining that as membership of the Nazi party, or as a member military arm of the Third Reich espousing and acting towards that regime's goals? Both are valid. Why would such a distinction be important to you?

Because only one of those two definitions means Nazi. Would it have been valid to refer to US soldiers participating in the invasion of Iraq as Republicans? Obviously not. In some cases they were, in some cases not, even though the Republican party was behind the wheel and controlled both houses of Congress at the time. Therefore both are not valid in this case either.

That sails awfully close to the notion of the good German to me, which Nuremberg spent a long and deliberate time dismantling.

No, Nuremburg tried 24 specific people for their specific crimes. True, there and in the following trials they established that "just following orders" is not a valid defense for issuing or obeying illegal orders. But the idea that Nuremburg or any of the other post-war trials indicted the entirety of German society, as you seem to be implying, is completely false.

And no, the MG42 doesn't need to be nerfed.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Kind of ironic that 'political' terminology is being thrown around, in part by someone who got back from 'vacation' and one of his first posts back was how he wasn't going to get political :p

And look what it has started...

And may I ask where did I get political? If I were to get political I would speak the truth about nuremburg mentioned and what really happend with most SS scientist and where they went after the war....

But of course lets not get off topic here...
Back to MG42 rambos please.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Yeah come on yous guys. The original topic shouldn't have led to this. Let's dial it back.

Yes Sir! :p

MG 42 works as intended. Only thing that is wrong is old problem with ability to play as Rambo...

Yes Exactly ! :D

And may I ask where did I get political? If I were to get political I would speak the truth about nuremburg mentioned and what really happend with most SS scientist and where they went after the war....

But of course lets not get off topic here...
Back to MG42 rambos please

We will let it rest (see above)...

Yes, back to the discussion! :D

Upvote 0