• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

MG42 beer thread

60b700f744d8a254b3533b34c0981abd.png

Upvote 0
Nice, MG42 thread derailed to beer and a beer thread derailed to urine :D

But back to this thread's original topic. I just bought a bunch of different varieties of beers. Just drank Brewdog Brewery's Punk Pale Ale, which style is American Pale Ale. Not as good as it's "big brother" Punk IPA, but still quite an enjoyable beer. Tastes and smells like citrus and "summer grass".

I think the next one I'll drink is a Czech beer; Velkopopovick

Upvote 0
I too am a beer elitist, erm... connoisseur. I'm open to anything and have tried a million beer brands, but I mostly drink German/Austrian/Belgian and West Coast US brewers.

Last night at dinner I drank a Jubelale from Deschutes Brewery in Bend OR(they can do no wrong). It's my favorite winter beer this year:

jubelale.jpg

Then later for gaming I drank one of the best Belgian beers in the world, hands down - St Bernardus Abt12

st-bernardus-12-v2.jpg

But my overall favorite beer in the world? It's this one, Aventinus Dark Wheat Doppelbock from Schneider&Sohn in Kelheim, Germany:

Schneider%20Aventinus-thumb-450x567-102916.jpg

I'm totally juiced for SF Beer Week here in San Francisco. Best week of the year!

Upvote 0
Nice, MG42 thread derailed to beer and a beer thread derailed to urine :D

But back to this thread's original topic. I just bought a bunch of different varieties of beers. Just drank Brewdog Brewery's Punk Pale Ale, which style is American Pale Ale. Not as good as it's "big brother" Punk IPA, but still quite an enjoyable beer. Tastes and smells like citrus and "summer grass".

I think the next one I'll drink is a Czech beer; Velkopopovick

Upvote 0
My own The most interesting beers I ever drinked (not good beer that I used to drink often but beer that will be remembered by me for years). I prefer to call myself as a beer geek. I like to relax sometimes with a small bottle of elegant, craft, strong beer in the evening.

#1 De Molen Hemel & Aarde (Netherlands)

Very smoky (smells a little like an asphalt, burned computer hardware or fresh digged soil), chocolate and cherry. Sounds weird - I like smoked beer, I love Russian imperial stouts so what on Earth can be better for me :D

#2 Szałpiw Brewery - Szczun (Poland)

This one is a hybrid of American IPA and Belgian Tripel. Mix of Belgian flavours (peaches, red apples, white wine) and American hops (grapefruits, oranges) and really neat bitterness gives amazing results.

But my overall favorite beer in the world? It's this one, Aventinus Dark Wheat Doppelbock from Schneider&Sohn in Kelheim, Germany:

You should check Schneider&Sohn Aventinus Weizen Eisbock - the same beer that was "concentrated" by partial freezing and removing the ice up to 12% alcohol by volume :IS2:.

One of the most joyful taste experiences I ever had <3 I think it is on 3rd place of my personal best beer list.
Thick beer, full of bananas, dark bread, caramel, dried plums, licorice and red wine flavour.

I should mention maybe a few more ( ie. Flying Dog Gonzo Imperial Porter Barrel Aged, Anchor Brewery Old Foghorn) :rolleyes:

Upvote 0
You should check Schneider&Sohn Aventinus Weizen Eisbock - the same beer that was "concentrated" by partial freezing and removing the ice up to 12% alcohol by volume :IS2:.

One of the most joyful taste experiences I ever had <3 I think it is on 3rd place of my personal best beer list.
Thick beer, full of bananas, dark bread, caramel, dried plums, licorice and red wine flavour.
I concur, had that beer before the Christmas when Alko imported those as "Christmas beers". I think it stays in Alko's standard selection. Maybe I'll grab one when next time I'm in town. I wonder how much it costs in another countries? Here the price is 4,48

Upvote 0