• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

3D & Animation MG34 and MG42 for bunker/fortress mount

Raven1986

Grizzled Veteran
May 24, 2014
Hello friends,

I'm with HoW, I would like to build a Siegfried Line map in near future. Currently German MGs are tripod mounted and therefore would be hard to fit into a bunker. Is there a modeller willing to create a model with a mount like the Maxim or the Type 96 HMG? They are both directly mounted on the concrete.

This would not just benefit a Siegfried Line map but also any German fortification map.

Many thanks!

Raven :)

Well it shouldn't be that difficult. Heck, you can just chop off the bipod from the US HMG and stick it on there. Anyone can do that.

Dont be so sure about that... Germany can into overenginering.
106_0660.jpg

That ammobox is Huuuge Btw.
Spoiler!

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Well if you want to be 100% historically realistic, yeah. But honestly for this videogame a simple tripod will be enough.

EDIT: Oh, whoops, I didn't see the "directly mounted on the concrete" bit.

Fair warning though, there is an incredibly tiny amount of actual artists here, you'll be hard pressed to find someone that can make that ginormous thing.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Well if you want to be 100% historically realistic, yeah. But honestly for this videogame a simple tripod will be enough.

EDIT: Oh, whoops, I didn't see the "directly mounted on the concrete" bit.

Fair warning though, there is an incredibly tiny amount of actual artists here, you'll be hard pressed to find someone that can make that ginormous thing.

Yeah, I would not want to make that thing, Neither IRL nor in-game. Weighs like 200kg and is RIDICOULOSLY overengineered. Has more moving parts then most guns. Kind of ridicoulous. Although if someone actually found time to make it it would be nice to play around with, atleast you wont get sniped on it like with the tripod MG :D.

The lack of artists is a real shame, i have started doing some simple textures for IOM (Shovels and Mp28) and its actually not as hard as some might think. Free software like gimp and a copy of 3ds Max and some time on youtube can get you far, just a shame school eats my time :/

Last edited:
Upvote 0
M'kay. The Bunker is a static mesh. Used the standard Maxim (with the sand bag arm) and placed it inside a artillery crate with a metal material added. BTW, the HMG is in the "war room", up the stairs to the right.

Looks the part, for a hack.

Attachments

• R02.jpg
    R02.jpg
    33.1 KB · Views: 0
  • R01.jpg
    R01.jpg
    56.2 KB · Views: 0
  • R03.jpg
    R03.jpg
    41 KB · Views: 0
Last edited: