• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Mg-34 belt feed unlock.

Ossius

Grizzled Veteran
Jun 9, 2011
Okay, seriously now, yes or no, this rumor has to stop. People say there isn't a belt feed unlock and others say there is. I want pics (I know it is hard since unlocks got reset)

Does anyone have pics of a MG34 belt fed unlock in HOS? I really want to know if there is a point to my slaving away past the saddle drum.

Okay, seriously now, yes or no, this rumor has to stop. People say there isn't a belt feed unlock and others say there is. I want pics (I know it is hard since unlocks got reset)

Does anyone have pics of a MG34 belt fed unlock in HOS? I really want to know if there is a point to my slaving away past the saddle drum.

I'd like to know this aswell

Upvote 0
Oh, I see. Thanks for clearing that up. But what would be the purpose of that? I mean, if we look at realism and all, wouldn't that require a second machine-gunner to guide the belt? I'm sorry to stay off-topic, I just would like to know.

Don't be silly, realism was never a goal here, they just said that to get extra revenue from the people who played the first game.

Upvote 0
Oh, I see. Thanks for clearing that up. But what would be the purpose of that? I mean, if we look at realism and all, wouldn't that require a second machine-gunner to guide the belt? I'm sorry to stay off-topic, I just would like to know.

You can't play the realism card with all the mbk 42s and bandaging, mate

Upvote 0
0B94BEF31D750305B5D62CD88262DADF0155C6C5

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197969396975/screenshot/560921713559291747

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Yeah, It's not in question of "realism" they used belt's (that go to 250) its in question of balance. What will Russians get?

I was a M240 gunner in Iraq, had 250 round belt for it, and also for my M2 .50

Wasn't in the battle of Stalingrad, but I would imagine toting around a 250 round belt is not Unrealistic.

Upvote 0
Don't be silly, realism was never a goal here, they just said that to get extra revenue from the people who played the first game.

I wasn't being silly and I wasn't "playing the realism card". I was talking about the pseudo-realism that all games have. I mean, we respawn! We resurrect mriaculously!

I just wanted to know how the belt-feeding was supposed to be implemented.

Talking about silly: how someone takes an (somewhat) off-topic question to go even further off-topic to blame the evil devs for something even more off-topic :p

Upvote 0
So does the Russian MG get anything or will all Russian MG'ers just have to start to carrying the Axis version as soon as they can unlock it?

I guess the bright side of this is I now understand why they bothered implementing barrel changing. With the pitiful default clip size I never understood how they could overheat.

Upvote 0
Just to clear things up in real life the mg-34/42 was belt feed only the 50rd drum just held a belt to help protect it from debris.The unlock for the 250 round belt would just be a belt of 250 rounds hanging out of the gun ala rambo style.Where the confusion is in the unlock as the lvl 50 says "belt feed" which it was all alone the the duel drum did not contain a belt but simulated one.Allowing it to work with the belt feed only mg-34 these duel drums was rare and was used mainly by the Luftwaffe ground forces.

Realistically speaking carrying a 250 round belt wouldn't be practical for 1 soldier in RL the mg-34 was operated by teams of up to 3 to help carry the ammo.Even a 150 round belt would be a handful for 1 soldier to carry around.Not a big fan of this lvl 50 unlock (one of the few I disagree with) the duel drum would have been plenty considering the DP-28 gets no unlocks.

I can see it now :D
rambo7.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Now I might be crazy, but today I caught some documentary on the 1937 Spanish civil war and footage showed what appeared to be MG34s being loaded with 20 round stripper clips. Can anybody shed some light on that?

Possible downgrade? :p

Not crazy it was perhaps the Pt34 or duel drum for the mg-34.As I said above the mg-34 was belt feed only but the PT34 simulated a belt and had to be reloaded using stripper clips.

http://www.bergflak.com/PT342.htm

These duel drum did not work with the standard mg-34 and had to have a special feed cover added and with this modification could not use regular belts.Why they was rare
DSC08227.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Vegard
Upvote 0