• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

[Music] Metal ?

Primordial is a great band... Finally saw them live last october. Was a great gig. I personally own To the nameless Dead which i guess is their most popular album but i like the stuff before it aswell.

Ya I have yet to see them live. The one time they came near me (California) I had just moved to other other side of the country :(.

My favorite is TGW personally but To the Nameless Dead is great (I'd probably put it at #4, but for Primordial that's not bad considering all their stuff is amazing except fro the debut and the recent one which is merely good)

I've been getting into MBV just lately nice to see it mentioned. Not all the tracks on Loveless have clicked with me, but the ones that have I really really dig.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
yes!!!! \m/ :IS2:

Metal is my passion. I spend 1.5 - 2.5 hours a day playing guitar. I started off with Metallica, Iron Maiden, Pantera, Lamb of God, In Flames, Dark Tranquility, Amon Amarth... hell, even as a young one the Contra music definitely contributed to my metallic tendencies. My favorite bands include Nevermore, Revocation, Gorod, Opeth, Mutiny Within, Unearth, Byzantine, Thrice (not really metal), Kreator, The Faceless, Decrepit Birth, Between the Buried and Me, Scar Symmetry, Mercenary, Allegaeon, The Absence, Dream Theater...... and many more.

Now, I've spent countless hours exploring the harrowing depths of every imaginable subgenre. I'm one of those sub-subgenre geeks who actually knows what they're saying. I've played in a couple bands (nothing big - though I've opened for a couple of relatively big bands and met some prominent figures in the community). Sadly, I've become detached from the community. I've grown up and much prefer civil discourse... even if that sometimes resembles a moshpit :rolleyes:. However, the fire has never died - not even faded. I still ****ing love metal to the bottom of my blackened heart.

I could talk for hours about the subject - but instead I'm going to leave you with some gems that I've found over the years. Some will be brutally intense and probably turn off the non-metal types. Some will be lighter, yet creative and offbeat within the spectrum of the universe of rock, and may appeal to the older/more traiditional/easier listening type people here. I focused on newer stuff - because I assume that most people have heard of Metallica and all that stuff that happened before metal faded in the shadow of the New World DJ.

I put instrumental ones closer to the top! So - if you're a person who hates the intense screams and whatnot - give some of the first videos a listen. If you're a metalhead - listen to em all!

WARNING : massive spoiler may induce headbanging or browser crash

Spoiler!

Last edited:
Upvote 0
When I was in Canada I had the chance to see Kataklysm. I had a really good time. My favourite song is Blood in Heaven :cool:

i like early kataklysm the most. The more recent material is not that fun to listen to at home but live it suddenly becomes a lot better. Seen them twice, last time has been a while ago though.

Does anyone else actively dislike metallica btw?
I know people always go on and on about the big 4 but these days i find that other than the early work of slayer (first 2) there are much better similar bands.
I in general prefer european metal over american.
Right now im listening to this old school band:
solstice - All Life Lost - YouTube

Upvote 0