• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Merc Report - Mercs We Shrunk The Sentinel

Mercs,

Now that you know you are heading to the “Rig”, it is time to learn about the new gear you’ll have available out in the field. As with the recent HRG weapons, a major focus of these new tools is in a supporting capacity to help the team (and yourself).

Survivalists, have you ever likened yourself as a bit of a mad scientist? Perhaps one that specializes in shrinking all your problems away? Does dreaming about that give yourself a bit of a big head? Well worry no more, as your dreams are about to come true with the aptly named Reducto Ray!

reductoray.png

Designed to shrink your enemies right out of existence, those that it can’t just “pop” away (the lab coats said something about a micro-verse), will be heavily weakened by the process and more susceptible to damage from all sources. Please do not use this device for non ZED related purposes, such as theft, criminal defense and or prosecution.

For the Commando’s, another new tool is ready to be deployed to the fight. Ever wanted an extra gun to cover that location that needs to be watched while you deal with more pressing matters, like that Scrake trying to make you its latest trophy? Well lucky for you, no hands are required for the new Sentinel auto turret!

sentinel.png

Choose a spot to deploy and let the Sentinel do its work of scanning, tracking and most importantly, firing on enemies in its AoE. If enemies are detected in its 360 degree scan, it will focus on the closest and begin to unleash its reserves. Best of all, no need to worry about cleanup or reloading, when ZED’s get too close or ammo runs dry, you can trigger a detonation and deploy a new one!

A few notes passed along by the lab coats:
  • Be thoughtful on deployment, due to some of the tech involved, only one can be deployed in the field by a merc at a time. Attempting to do so will cause a currently deployed one to detonate.
  • So far testing has shown that Zed’s are not enraged by this little helper, perhaps because they can’t find a better target to take out their aggression on.

kf2aaii.png

Both of these new tools of the trade will be available for individual and bundled purchase, or via the new Armory Pass II for 2022. Armory Pass II will include new weapons for each of the major updates planned for the year: Summer - 2, Fall - 2, and Winter - 2.

For those looking to join the ranks of Killing Floor 2 mercs or pickup many of the items that have come out over the years, there will also be a new Killing Floor 2 Ultimate Edition available to purchase or upgrade to which will include the following:
  • Killing Floor 2 Digital Deluxe (the game and items)
  • Armory Pass I (2021) & Armory Pass II (2022)
  • The following characters and cosmetics
    • Characters
      • Mrs. Foster
      • Badass Santa Bundle
    • Outfit Bundles
      • Cyberpunk Outfit Set
      • Wasteland Set
      • Foster Classic Set
      • Briar’s Bobby Set
      • Tanaka’s Biker Set
      • Horzine Mark 7 Set
      • Hazmat Suit Set
      • DAR Assault Armor Set
      • Commando Chicken Set
      • Pajama Set
      • Cardboard Knight Set
      • Witch Hunter Outfit Set
      • Santa’s Helper Outfit Set
      • Space Pirate Outfit Set
      • Space Pirate Full Gear Set
      • Reaper Outfit Set
    • FX Packs
      • Headshot FX Pack 1
      • Headshot FX Pack 2
    • Weapon Skins
      • Dragon & Koi Complete Weapon Skin Set
      • Foster’s Favorites Weapon Skin Pack
    • Player Cosmetic Bundles:
      • Clot Backpack Set
      • Halloween 2020 Full Gear Set
      • Christmas 2020 Full Gear Set
      • Winter 2020 Gear Set

kf2ue.png

There has never been a better time to complete your collection or get your friends started!

First test missions to the “Rig” and the new weapons are expected to start May 11th (subject to change as development continues) for PC mercs as an opt in beta.

Last edited:
I work for Tripwire and run this stuff.
View all 245 featured items
Not a word on the zed time extension behavior (potentially the whole extension concept breaking) with a deployed turret, which was a major community concern since it became known that the turret is on its way.
As of right now the Sentinel and trigger and extend a Zed time like other weapons.

Reactions: AK12
Upvote 0
As of right now the Sentinel and trigger and extend a Zed time like other weapons.
Yes, that's what I'm saying. The next question on this train of thought is this: is it beneficial or detrimental for team play in this game to have a mindless turret to extend zed time for you, inevitably ineffectively, by not restrainging itself on kills inside of the 3 seconds ZT window and thus wasting an extension? Keep in mind, that extending properly for up to 21 seconds is the #1 commando's job and by far.

Upvote 0
Mercs,

Now that you know you are heading to the “Rig”, it is time to learn about the new gear you’ll have available out in the field. As with the recent HRG weapons, a major focus of these new tools is in a supporting capacity to help the team (and yourself).

Survivalists, have you ever likened yourself as a bit of a mad scientist? Perhaps one that specializes in shrinking all your problems away? Does dreaming about that give yourself a bit of a big head? Well worry no more, as your dreams are about to come true with the aptly named Reducto Ray!

reductoray.png

Designed to shrink your enemies right out of existence, those that it can’t just “pop” away (the lab coats said something about a micro-verse), will be heavily weakened by the process and more susceptible to damage from all sources. Please do not use this device for non ZED related purposes, such as theft, criminal defense and or prosecution.

For the Commando’s, another new tool is ready to be deployed to the fight. Ever wanted an extra gun to cover that location that needs to be watched while you deal with more pressing matters, like that Scrake trying to make you its latest trophy? Well lucky for you, no hands are required for the new Sentinel auto turret!

sentinel.png

Choose a spot to deploy and let the Sentinel do its work of scanning, tracking and most importantly, firing on enemies in its AoE. If enemies are detected in its 360 degree scan, it will focus on the closest and begin to unleash its reserves. Best of all, no need to worry about cleanup or reloading, when ZED’s get too close or ammo runs dry, you can trigger a detonation and deploy a new one!

A few notes passed along by the lab coats:
  • Be thoughtful on deployment, due to some of the tech involved, only one can be deployed in the field by a merc at a time. Attempting to do so will cause a currently deployed one to detonate.
  • So far testing has shown that Zed’s are not enraged by this little helper, perhaps because they can’t find a better target to take out their aggression on.

kf2aaii.png

Both of these new tools of the trade will be available for individual and bundled purchase, or via the new Armory Pass II for 2022. Armory Pass II will include new weapons for each of the major updates planned for the year: Summer - 2, Fall - 2, and Winter - 2.

For those looking to join the ranks of Killing Floor 2 mercs or pickup many of the items that have come out over the years, there will also be a new Killing Floor 2 Ultimate Edition available to purchase or upgrade to which will include the following:
  • Killing Floor 2 Digital Deluxe (the game and items)
  • Armory Pass I (2021) & Armory Pass II (2022)
  • The following characters and cosmetics
    • Characters
      • Mrs. Foster
      • Badass Santa Bundle
    • Outfit Bundles
      • Cyberpunk Outfit Set
      • Wasteland Set
      • Foster Classic Set
      • Briar’s Bobby Set
      • Tanaka’s Biker Set
      • Horzine Mark 7 Set
      • Hazmat Suit Set
      • DAR Assault Armor Set
      • Commando Chicken Set
      • Pajama Set
      • Cardboard Knight Set
      • Witch Hunter Outfit Set
      • Santa’s Helper Outfit Set
      • Space Pirate Outfit Set
      • Space Pirate Full Gear Set
      • Reaper Outfit Set
    • FX Packs
      • Headshot FX Pack 1
      • Headshot FX Pack 2
    • Weapon Skins
      • Dragon & Koi Complete Weapon Skin Set
      • Foster’s Favorites Weapon Skin Pack
    • Player Cosmetic Bundles:
      • Clot Backpack Set
      • Halloween 2020 Full Gear Set
      • Christmas 2020 Full Gear Set
      • Winter 2020 Gear Set

kf2ue.png

There has never been a better time to complete your collection or get your friends started!

First test missions to the “Rig” and the new weapons are expected to start May 11th (subject to change as development continues) for PC mercs as an opt in beta.
I don't like the game because it has little ammunition, a system to buy ammunition at any time would be more fun.

Upvote 0
... Honestly, even with the numerous facepalms induced in the past 2-3 years, I didn't think you'd go as far as to release an inflating weapon AND a shrinking gun all in the same update. Naturally, I didn't expect you to do a full 180 regarding the feedback from the previous posts, but we've honestly reached a point where it's just TOO ridiculous. I like weapons like the Eviscerator or the Seal Squeal : blunt and crazy, but still somewhat believable and absolutely gory. It's just like using a chainsaw as a weapon : it probably would have never occured to anyone up until the Texas Chainsaw Massacre... And it has become an absolute horror icon ever since. It's like a "so wack, but so cool" type of thing. Shrinking zeds to step on them is not : it's tacky at best.

Plus, two other things : first, how is it any different from the Hemogoblin? It's pretty much doing the same thing : weakening zeds and somehow making it more obnoxious to kill them because their hitboxes become smaller. And secondly : what makes you think that we loved the weeklies so much we suddenly want to see them in-game? It was already annoying enough to complete the Tiny Zed weekly, now we have to deal with them in normal playthroughs too?

And finally, have you learned nothing about the usage of supportive "tools" in the game? Almost nobody uses them. They tend to be too expensive for their own good, and people would rather kill zeds themselves than to let their teammates take the cake. The C4 is already criminally overlooked, and I can expect the same for that Reducto Ray really.

And that brings us to the Sentinel : I actually... Really like the idea. I guess having a "tool" that you can just "fire and forget" is much more engaging. You just don't have to think that much about it. But I really wonder how powerful it will be... It can easily fall into either the OP or UP categories. I also wonder how pricey it will be... One of the reason why nobody uses the C4 is precisely because it's better to get a better gun than the HX-25 (or even the Thumper, for that matter), and by the time you may afford the C4... You simply don't have any reason to. I'm afraid that might be the same for the Sentinel... But we'll see. I'm also a bit afraid of that "zeds are not enraged by it" ... I do hope that at least they'll enrage on the Sentinel's owner, otherwise that's already broken before release. Also also, maybe I understood it wrong, but you can only deploy one PER TEAM or per PLAYER? The former could definitely be ridiculous if we have like 3+ Sentinels at once... But the latter could be super frustrating if you just deployed your Sentinel only for another dum-dum to deploy his, making you waste a precious Sentinel that barely got the chance to fire.

Finally, two extra remarks :

-Ultimate Edition uh? That's usually the sign of the end more so than a new beginning... I would assume that year of content might be the last. Then again, I thought the same the last two years so you may never know. But I'm hopeful we might finally call it quit on KF2... It had a respectful run. But that last update better be glorious my guys !

==> Will the ultimate edition be cheaper for those who already possess some of the items on offer? I'd gladly throw in a few extra bucks, but not at the price of the full game...

- Season Pass 2 was to be expected, but I do wonder, since we got one less update than before (and obviously, NOT the numerous weapons that were deployed beforehand), will it be cheaper? I really do hope so because if I thought the first pass was a very decent deal, I'm a bit frisky about spending nearly 30 bucks for only six new guns...

Upvote 0
I don't like the game because it has little ammunition, a system to buy ammunition at any time would be more fun.
Not to be a jerk, but this is legitimately just a matter of learning to play well.

The better you get, the less the ammo skills matter in the grand scheme of things. This game already gives you more than enough ammo for every perk + Support's innate ammo packs.

Reactions: Aleflippy
Upvote 0
-Ultimate Edition uh? That's usually the sign of the end more so than a new beginning... I would assume that year of content might be the last. Then again, I thought the same the last two years so you may never know. But I'm hopeful we might finally call it quit on KF2... It had a respectful run. But that last update better be glorious my guys !
You never know, they could just update what the Ultimate Edition contains at a later date as well.

Upvote 0