• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Merc Report - Dystopia and Back Again

Mercs get ready,

You know you Mercs are at the top of the list we call and send in first when something strange happens, but after what happened the last time... Well let’s just say the suits upstairs want expendable eyes to recon a new mystery. A city this time. Which, interestingly enough, has seemed to pop up out of nowhere. No record of it on any maps we are able to dig up, digital or otherwise.

dystopia1.jpg

We’ve picked a few blocks just east of the city center, office buildings, open spaces, once busy streets, you know the type. As always we urge you to exercise caution during this mission. What’s still out there, and working, may not be for much longer, especially as you toss around bullets and explosives. What we’ve seen of this place so far looks like some of this tech is both familiar, but yet uniquely different. As if science had taken a slightly different path a few decades ago, leading to a new dark and dangerous future, at least a different one from where we currently find ourselves.

dystopia2.jpg

Keep your wits handy as you may be needing to change your chosen holdout location during an assault if things start going dark, and the smoggy streets may not provide the safety you seek. So get out there and recon this “Dystopia”... Oh and do try and come back alive. To help with that we have several field condition improvements headed your way, more details in next week's report.

Dystopia 2029 has been crafted by community mapper Seanchaoz.

Last edited by a moderator:
I work for Tripwire and run this stuff.
View all 245 featured items
Reactions: utek
Oh boy, it's certainly the fan-made map I played THE MOST... And to think it's so ancient (well... as far as KF2 is concerned anyway) and finally made official just puts a huge smile on my face. I'm a bit bummed since most of the winners from the previous contests aren't officialized still, but **** dat... My cyberpunk-loving self is just way too happy to finally have it along the regular rotation. I especially like all the fake advertisements, they are great ! Plus... At least we'll have something fitting of the Cyberpunk theme for once.

As for the lore well... That's exactly why I don't get why everyone is so damn hyped about the Objective Mode. I never truly cared for Killing Floor's lore anyway. To me : "a biomedical enterprise tried to build an army of clones, it backfired and spread around" is more than enough. It's more or less another Umbrella Corp anyway.

Sure, I was kinda hyped when the Patriarch came back (the big brain of all that mess). I loved the main goal behind KF2 (the infection spread from the UK to the rest of the European continent). But as maps rolled by with very little lore to link them together... I just gave up really.

Upvote 0
Well, it's nice to see a new map in the game.
But we really need to see what game balancing updates are you guys working on?
We submitted a long survey that asked alot of questions about alot of weapons. What happened with that?
There is a cycle with the Merc reports. Each one focuses on a subject. So far we have done one about the new modes and the map. I don't think I am spoiling anything here by pointing out through past patterns a weapon announcement will happen as well as a QoL one. There may be some changes that affect balance in the QoL report, though I think changelog has the most details for that info.

ok

but where is new weapon for firebug ?
Stay tuned for announcements about new weapons.

Sorry to be the one to say this, but I think the lore is a total spaghetti mess in this game now. Is the lore even a thing KF2 anymore?
This is an area that the outbreak has spread out to as it continues to spread.

Reactions: utek
Upvote 0
There is a cycle with the Merc reports. Each one focuses on a subject. So far we have done one about the new modes and the map. I don't think I am spoiling anything here by pointing out through past patterns a weapon announcement will happen as well as a QoL one. There may be some changes that affect balance in the QoL report, though I think changelog has the most details for that info.
I hope you guys actually take a look on the existing perks, introduce new QOL balances for the perk itself. instead of introducing a new weapon for the perk as a workaround.

Reactions: Aleflippy
Upvote 0

Stay tuned for announcements about new weapons.

This is an area that the outbreak has spread out to as it continues to spread.
I guess its good job on your part. Its nice to see this alternate-future-esc map coincide with the "Cyber Revolt" Seasonal. For me it feels far more in theme than the Neon Nightmares Seasonal last year. Other than what everyone else is voicing, all I can ask for is if we could expect any new cybernetically enhanced Zed skins?

Upvote 0
I guess its good job on your part. Its nice to see this alternate-future-esc map coincide with the "Cyber Revolt" Seasonal. For me it feels far more in theme than the Neon Nightmares Seasonal last year. Other than what everyone else is voicing, all I can ask for is if we could expect any new cybernetically enhanced Zed skins?
Spring updates are the one time of year we didn't plan to change the zed's appearance.

Upvote 0
Don't know if that'd be worth it so late in the KF2's lifecycle. Putting new skins for EACH of them would surely be a lot of work for not that much in return. Besides... A lot of zeds are already cybernetically enhanced ! The Husk, the Siren or the Fleshpound are good examples. Maybe you meant "cyberpunk'd zeds" instead?

Upvote 0