• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Merc Report - A Shopping List that Stuns

What do you get the merc that already has everything? The folks at research and design have been hard at work trying to answer this question. The unanimous answer, more guns!

HRGStunner.png

First off we have a new tier 4 goodie for SWAT, the HRG Stunner. This high powered gun lives up to its name with its 12 gauge solid steel slug rounds and it’s custom flash grenades. The primary fire is perfect for knocking down holiday zeds getting too close. Are the crowds getting to be too much? Switch to the alt-fire grenades for a small explosion that will stun those in your way.

Doshgun.png

Next up, the perfect gift for any merc that finds themselves with more dosh than they know what to do with, the Doshinegun. Research and development has been watching over the years and has seen you all out there on the field throwing your stacks of dosh around in celebration, panic, and other inexplicable reasons. What if now those stacks of dosh could be loaded up and shot into the faces of anyone or anything you please? Now you can!

The Doshinegun is an off perk, Tier 2 weapon that will solely rely on your reserves of dosh as ammo. Fire your loads of money into zeds, like bricks to do a solid amount of bludgeon damage. Or fire it at your team to give them 25 dosh per shot. We know you’re wondering. As an off perk weapon, the Doshinegun will work with selected passives and skills.

As a reminder: HRG weapons are free for all users, while other weapons can be obtained via the Armory Season Pass or direct individual purchase.

Stunner sounds interesting, especially as another weapon that fulfills SWAT as a supportive perk rather than another trash cleaner, (though I hope it doesn't give SWAT an excess of Flash grenades making him too good as a Scrake killer).
As for the Doshine Gun, well...To be quite honest I kind of hate it. Even if it is DLC, weapon concepts that are built to stand out like this and the Frost Fang are just kinda tacky and take away from what atmosphere the game still has. I get dosh is a big meme for Killing Floor but this in particular just feel likes an obnoxious addition that won't even really make for a very unique/fun play style or effective weapon.

Upvote 0
First off we have a new tier 4 goodie for SWAT, the HRG Stunner. This high powered gun lives up to its name with its 12 gauge solid steel slug rounds and it’s custom flash grenades. The primary fire is perfect for knocking down holiday zeds getting too close. Are the crowds getting to be too much? Switch to the alt-fire grenades for a small explosion that will stun those in your way.
The potential for SWATs with long-range single-shot punch and unlimited flash grenades during Zed-Time is unnerving.

The Doshinegun is an off perk, Tier 2 weapon that will solely rely on your reserves of dosh as ammo. Fire your loads of money into zeds, like bricks to do a solid amount of bludgeon damage. Or fire it at your team to give them 25 dosh per shot. We know you’re wondering. As an off perk weapon, the Doshinegun will work with selected passives and skills.
OK, this is actually pretty funny and looks appropriately gaudy, but I will be sad watching people throw standard 10-wave games buying this thing and blowing their reserve currency with it.

I can see the REQUEST DOSH spam in my mind's eye already...

Upvote 0
Even if it is DLC, weapon concepts that are built to stand out like this and the Frost Fang are just kinda tacky and take away from what atmosphere the game still has.
How does the frost fang stand out? Among the first DLC was a Lightsaber, there's a crossbow with an explosive freeze, a gun that shoots electric balls, and one that fires a beam (or giant ball) of microwave energy. How does the frostfang seem tacky?
The entire medic line has guns that shoot a homing, what, syringe? Heal/poison energy? It just bends through the air and locks onto someone.

Upvote 0
How does the frost fang stand out? Among the first DLC was a Lightsaber, there's a crossbow with an explosive freeze, a gun that shoots electric balls, and one that fires a beam (or giant ball) of microwave energy. How does the frostfang seem tacky?
The entire medic line has guns that shoot a homing, what, syringe? Heal/poison energy? It just bends through the air and locks onto someone.
It's pretty outlandish vs things like medic weapons which have glowy bits to identify them as medic weapon, the darts bend because it was an utter headache in the previous game. either way they and the ion thruster and compound are technological weapons they have some basis in within the artstyle and game world, (though even tech weapons can go a bit far into outlandish themeing like the gravity imploder being space age tech). The Frost Fang on the other hand is a viking shotgun axe with ice magic coursing along it's blade and grip, if it had been a scrappily welded together lever action that shot ice rounds I wouldn't have cared but it looks like something out of Warhammer. The Doshine gun is even worse it's a gaudy looking gold and marble LMG that has a mechanic that is objectively ridiculous and detracts from the tone beyond just visuals.

Upvote 0
It's pretty outlandish vs things like medic weapons which have glowy bits to identify them as medic weapon, the darts bend because it was an utter headache in the previous game. either way they and the ion thruster and compound are technological weapons they have some basis in within the artstyle and game world, (though even tech weapons can go a bit far into outlandish themeing like the gravity imploder being space age tech).
Adding to that, most of the HRG stuff looks pretty garish. Like slapping RGB LED strips all over a gun. Plus it goes against the design philosophy of each weapon having an individual silhouette.

The Frost Fang on the other hand is a viking shotgun axe with ice magic coursing along it's blade and grip, if it had been a scrappily welded together lever action that shot ice rounds I wouldn't have cared but it looks like something out of Warhammer.
Can't argue with that..

The Doshine gun is even worse it's a gaudy looking gold and marble LMG that has a mechanic that is objectively ridiculous and detracts from the tone beyond just visuals.
Can't really argue with this, either. It's like when TF2 revealed the banana hats and we had to throw out all pretense of the "stylized 1960's era as seen through Pixar's lens" to "random ecksdee."

Yep, nothing but whiners in the comments. Clearly a joke gun, every game has it at some point. Further points to Killing Floor having borderlands inspiration.
KF2 already has a lot of joke guns, just that most of them are unintentional. Also, the mod was well before Borderlands 1 and I would wager money that the first official KF1 release wasn't inspired in the slightest by Borderlands, of all things, it was a homage to grindfest movies.

I can't think of a worse series to take inspiration from than Borderlands TBH.

Upvote 0
You can't say the C word at Tripwire, because Christmas updates have now become non-offending winter solstice updates since Yuletide Horrors.
This is the next map for KF2's non-offending Winter Solstice update.
Yeah. The C word is associated with some other word, which implies something that offends some people, as some recent events have proven.

Upvote 0