• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Mental Crosshairs.

Leif

Grizzled Veteran
Jul 2, 2010
I've noticed from myself and many other regulars on this game, people seem to have developed mental crosshairs. They have no need to aim down their sights, yet can still put pin-point shots where ever they want. Its rather interesting. Has anyone else noticed the "MC" effect?

I'm not really sure how to describe, but my shots have become far more accurate than they used to be. No cross hairs used to be a legitimate complaint for me, but now I don't mind it at all.

Lots of times I'll be playing with friends who started recently on medium or hard and I'll end up solo'ing the level - much to people's amazement I can headshot almost everything using the crossbow but without having to zoom in.

Upvote 0
I'm fairly sure KF has some generous hit detection. I know I'm not that good, and plenty of other games have shown me that. Yet after a few hundred hours in KF, I can find the magic line without even trying. Just running around with a HC blasting stuff from the hip, I still pop heads without trying. I almost never use iron sights for the pump action shotgun, even when shooting way down range. The spread pattern is actually different between from the hip and with the iron sights, at least for the shotguns.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
oh ya this is defiantly one of KF's better features, more games should catch on using the same thing

HINT: stick something small on the center of the screen and u got crosshair (if u really need one)

This is exactly why they shouldn't use it more. Theres always some noob out there looking for any edge he can get to try and be better than everyone else.

Upvote 0