• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Code Melee Momentum Transfer?

you would have to get the vector of the attacker to the victim and add it up to the velocity vector of the victim (norm the vector and multiply with the length).

And well, you would do that when the hit is calculated. Problem, the pawn would still play the anim it is in at that moment and would be "iceskating".

Upvote 0
hmm interresting yeah I agree about that I would think when a person is hit with the buttstock of my rifle or knifed in the back a trusty bayonet they would fall to the ground or stumble foward after the attack with a blurred blurred vision perhaps "disoriented"**. - would be interesting if you got this to work

**There was an old game on Unreal called Deusex (1997ish) where if you drunk too much beer/wine did "zime" or got poisoned there was a cool blurred effect and a head spining effect which made it hard to walk or shoot I always thought something like this would have been nice for hand to hand combat or if you got shot in a fatal area but are not dead.
a bit of a handy cap to go with the red parts of the player's body.

Upvote 0
**There was an old game on Unreal called Deusex (1997ish) where if you drunk too much beer/wine did "zime" or got poisoned there was a cool blurred effect and a head spining effect which made it hard to walk or shoot I always thought something like this would have been nice for hand to hand combat or if you got shot in a fatal area but are not dead.
a bit of a handy cap to go with the red parts of the player's body.

Deus Ex is not an "old" game. I refuse to beleive it.:( STALKER has a similar effect if you drink loads of vodka. I always find it fun to get wasted and try and take out the first mission.

God why does being 22 feel so old.

If momentum is too difficult I still think a mod that includes a blurring effect when you get hit would be great. I always am amazed at my trooper being able to shrug off a few bullets, getting wounded in the arms, legs, and groin :)eek:) and still maintaining his rock steady iron sights, ha.

Upvote 0