• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Melee action should interrupt reloading.

Skvate

Grizzled Veteran
Nov 21, 2005
That would have saved my life a couple of times at least :) It also makes sense. Currently, you have to sprint first to interrupt reloading, then use melee....but i seem to forget that when im up in someones face trying to stab them with bayo, but my soldier seems to be more interested in reloading the weapon first :p

Maybe i shouldnt reload that often :D

It's very nice for riflemen to have a strong melee attack however gimping it so completely in close quarters like this is really just another disadvantage. What is the point of having a bayonette if you can't use it.

I think you would have a lot less people rushing corners with SMGs if riflemen could reload interrupt. I'll stand out there like a champ and send rounds down a hallway and the only time I stop is to reload. That's when some goon does a death charge into the room with a SMG.

It still makes absolutely no sense that you would sit in the corner and continually plug away with the bullets and not stab at the guy who just ran in the room.

Riflemen absolutely need this. It would really balance out close quarters for them, because right now, unless you know someone is coming for you, and you wait to reload, you're absolutely screwed.

I don't think anyone want that to turn into some call of duty run and stab strategy, the odds are still stacked well against you in this manner but it would infinitely help bolt action survivability in close quarters.

It's bad enough that auto and semi automatics make up a good 1/2 to 5/8ths of the players. But thats another topic entirely.

Upvote 0
Left and RIght mouse buttons should interrupt as well.

As sometimes you are reloading your rifle/mosin pistol with individual bullets, and just want to stop loading in new bullets and just get the weapon ready to fire asap.

It does not work like this. Even with individual bullets you will have to start the whole animation again if it is aborted. (Aka: If you have one shot left, reload three and then abort it by sprinting, your weapon will only have one shot reloaded).

Disappointing, but this is how it works in-game. The whole individual bullet loading seems to be just a different reloading animation than anything else.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
It does not work like this. Even with individual bullets you will have to start the whole animation again if it is aborted. (Aka: If you have one shot left, reload three and then abort it by sprinting, your weapon will only have one shot reloaded).

Disappointing, but this is how it works in-game. The whole individual bullet loading seems to be just a different reloading animation than anything else.

which is wrong. In the RO mod you could simply reload 2 bullets hit the left mouse button and you would close the bolt and have 2 bullets in the chamber. That was back in 2004.

Upvote 0