• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/
  • Weve updated the Tripwire Privacy Notice under our Policies to be clearer about our use of customer information to come in line with the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) rules that come into force today (25th May 2018). The following are highlights of our changes:

We've incorporated the relevant concepts from the GDPR including joining the EU and Swiss Privacy Shield framework. We've added explanations for why and how Tripwire processes customer data and the types of data that we process, as well as information about your data protection rights.

For more information about our privacy practices, please review the new Privacy Policy found here: https://tripwireinteractive.com/#/privacy-notice

Melee action should interrupt reloading.

Skvate

FNG / Fresh Meat
Nov 21, 2005
That would have saved my life a couple of times at least :) It also makes sense. Currently, you have to sprint first to interrupt reloading, then use melee....but i seem to forget that when im up in someones face trying to stab them with bayo, but my soldier seems to be more interested in reloading the weapon first :p

Maybe i shouldnt reload that often :D

Zetsumei

FNG / Fresh Meat
Nov 22, 2005
Falmouth UK
Left and RIght mouse buttons should interrupt as well.

As sometimes you are reloading your rifle/mosin pistol with individual bullets, and just want to stop loading in new bullets and just get the weapon ready to fire asap.

Reactions: Zrix and K@n@y

garferi

FNG / Fresh Meat
Apr 29, 2008
www.redorchestra.hu
I ran into this problem yesterday, when I was facing with an enemy, both of us did reloading and I couldn't hit him down.
He finished first and I got closer to the floor. It was very disappointing... :)

Tarkin

FNG / Fresh Meat
Sep 1, 2011
Absolutely should.

It's asinine to think that your soldier is more concerned with reloading his rifle than the guy that just rounded the corner with a sub machine gun pointed in his face.

drjoez

FNG / Fresh Meat
Sep 2, 2011
I second this motion! If I could just interrupt to melee close quarters during a reload animation I would be a very happy rifleman :)

Tarkin

FNG / Fresh Meat
Sep 1, 2011
It's very nice for riflemen to have a strong melee attack however gimping it so completely in close quarters like this is really just another disadvantage. What is the point of having a bayonette if you can't use it.

I think you would have a lot less people rushing corners with SMGs if riflemen could reload interrupt. I'll stand out there like a champ and send rounds down a hallway and the only time I stop is to reload. That's when some goon does a death charge into the room with a SMG.

It still makes absolutely no sense that you would sit in the corner and continually plug away with the bullets and not stab at the guy who just ran in the room.

Riflemen absolutely need this. It would really balance out close quarters for them, because right now, unless you know someone is coming for you, and you wait to reload, you're absolutely screwed.

I don't think anyone want that to turn into some call of duty run and stab strategy, the odds are still stacked well against you in this manner but it would infinitely help bolt action survivability in close quarters.

It's bad enough that auto and semi automatics make up a good 1/2 to 5/8ths of the players. But thats another topic entirely.

Timppaface

FNG / Fresh Meat
Jul 14, 2011
Left and RIght mouse buttons should interrupt as well.

As sometimes you are reloading your rifle/mosin pistol with individual bullets, and just want to stop loading in new bullets and just get the weapon ready to fire asap.
It does not work like this. Even with individual bullets you will have to start the whole animation again if it is aborted. (Aka: If you have one shot left, reload three and then abort it by sprinting, your weapon will only have one shot reloaded).

Disappointing, but this is how it works in-game. The whole individual bullet loading seems to be just a different reloading animation than anything else.

Last edited:

Zetsumei

FNG / Fresh Meat
Nov 22, 2005
Falmouth UK
It does not work like this. Even with individual bullets you will have to start the whole animation again if it is aborted. (Aka: If you have one shot left, reload three and then abort it by sprinting, your weapon will only have one shot reloaded).

Disappointing, but this is how it works in-game. The whole individual bullet loading seems to be just a different reloading animation than anything else.
which is wrong. In the RO mod you could simply reload 2 bullets hit the left mouse button and you would close the bolt and have 2 bullets in the chamber. That was back in 2004.

Timppaface

FNG / Fresh Meat
Jul 14, 2011
which is wrong. In the RO mod you could simply reload 2 bullets hit the left mouse button and you would close the bolt and have 2 bullets in the chamber. That was back in 2004.
Either they have done something VERY wrong there or then it is just another bug ( Which I hope! )

Mangley

FNG / Fresh Meat
Aug 7, 2011
I agree, using iron sights or pressing fire should interrupt reloading. It sucks that the only current way is by sprinting.

RedlineGME

FNG / Fresh Meat
Sep 19, 2011
Totally agree. And reloading by bullets can be interrupted too, sometimes you need only one emergency shot, so why wait for all 5 bullets? (If you are a sniper) I died by a meele because I reloaded, just half hour ago... :(

Maj.Faux-Pas

FNG / Fresh Meat
Mar 1, 2006
Portland, OR
I die all the time due to reloading without being able to melee or shoot.

And then I 'm still empty, even having loaded bullets or clips without finishing the entire reloading process.

Didn't we go thru this five years ago?

/waitpatiently