Meet the Rising Storm Level Design Team!

• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

dogbadger

FNG / Fresh Meat
Aug 19, 2006
here to kill your monster
That sounds like a compliment :p

yeah of course -
look i understand the lure of working on this official project however as someone who is far more interested in the stalingrad setting i hope HoS still has plenty of amateur mapping interest of their ability.

The contribution that 3rd party maps made to RO as a whole should not be underestimated, and these 2 guys were important players in that regard - drecks setting a standard that showed 3rd party mappers could and should match the dev's work for quality, and Slyk opening up a new way of thinking what an RO map could be.

oh, and don't get me wrong, i didn't single those guys to selectivley rate them above the rest of the assembled team, but because they both in particular handled the urban/stalingrad setting well in RO.

Assuming their time will be totally consumed with the mod, their potential for contribution in HoS will be missed.

kapulA

Grizzled Veteran
Jan 4, 2006
Croatia
Cool, it's great to see Xen, Drecks, Sepp and Karma in the same team, under the very competent lead of Slyk! Can't wait to see the maps you guys will come up with!

Hopefully Crayfish will be able to hold his own among so many veteran RO mappers - judging by his past experience I doubt he'll have many problems. =)

PNV

FNG / Fresh Meat
Jun 21, 2006
The Peninsula
Argh, it's a pain in the butt to have all these forum accounts, but whatever.

Looks like a great team, I have no doubt they will find success.

kapulA

Grizzled Veteran
Jan 4, 2006
Croatia
There's a screenshot of Overgrown in there, in Radiant W.I.P.; is he the author? If so, he's the maker of my favorite CoD 4 map =D

Harb

FNG / Fresh Meat
Feb 16, 2006
London
Pls, click on my signature :)

icon_lolno.gif

-[SiN]-bswearer

FNG / Fresh Meat
Apr 3, 2008
miro really glad to see you doing some graphics because your work is very good! btw, would you be responsible for the signatures/avatars? :)

-[SiN]-bswearer

FNG / Fresh Meat
Apr 3, 2008
i seriously envy people who have the patience and creativity to do graphics work.....i get too frustrated when i can't physically "draw" what my brain envisions :D

Floyd

FNG / Fresh Meat
Feb 19, 2006
Waterproof
www.ro50pc.net
Just be happy you can envision something. I always marvel at peoples ability to "see" what they want. I would have enough trouble copying something. However, give me an engine or transmission to rebuild....:)

DirtyRat

FNG / Fresh Meat
Jan 12, 2006
Glasgow
www.outlawgamers.com
Is that a spambot last post?

Ontopic: That's a mapping dream team you've pulled together there! I've been admiring Ahz team work since CoD1, I ran one of the first dedicated Gun Assault servers...it blew me...but when Red Oktober came out it was in another league altogether.

Last edited: