• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Medieval II: Total War

I'm actually starting to get excited about this era...lots of possibilities, I want to assassinate the pope :D. *Note to big brother, I mean the pope in the game, not the real pope* I've thought about being Britain and going rouge and crushing Europe, or being Byzantium and be the Frontline guardian of Europe. Are there any other countries with good pikeman, bowmen, and decent calvary other than Britain? Britain just seems so cliche.

Upvote 0
Been playing MTW Viking Invasion often lately. No pesky cannons and guns. Just axe and sword, spear and bow. A couple seige weapons but war is so much more personal without the cannons and such.

Right now I am playing the Irish and fighting a pretty nasty fight to keep my sea lanes clear of Vikings. You could outnumber them with longboats three to one and still loose the damn sea battle! I don't really want to war on the Vikings, I would rather they pillage my neighbors, all of whom that remain I am at peace with. I let the Vikings take some of their land and then swoop in to claim it, thereby breaking no treaties (Trying to play with and honest streak which is tough.) At the same time they can quickly foul up your sea lanes and if they get around Ireland you got to interdict and transit some garrisons fast.

My old hobby was playing Viking with a twist. By the end of the game the goal was to have the whole map Viking and Pagan! We stomped the light of Christianity out of the British Isles more than once. First new construct in each territory... Pagan Shrine! Kill any travelling Bishops ASAP before they make trouble.

Upvote 0
Pagan Shrine! Kill any travelling Bishops ASAP before they make trouble.
Brutal...just Brutal. When is this game expected to release?

edit: Anyone else notice the blood on warriors clothes and armor? I don't know if it was a personal touch to pictures to make it look better or not, but blood drenched soldiers and battlefield would make everything seem that much more realistic. Make it look like you've went through a battle.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Brutal...just Brutal. When is this game expected to release?

edit: Anyone else notice the blood on warriors clothes and armor? I don't know if it was a personal touch to pictures to make it look better or not, but blood drenched soldiers and battlefield would make everything seem that much more realistic. Make it look like you've went through a battle.

The game he is talking about is MTW Viking Invasion, the expansion pack to MTW. But the blood and muck on the warriors is a new addition to MTW2. From what I know the longer the person is in battle the more blood and what not they get on their armor.

Upvote 0