• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Medic Weapon: Colt 9mm (Or AUG Para)

RedShocktrooper

Grizzled Veteran
Mar 8, 2011
Yes, the mandatory M16 suggestion of the week. But on the plus side: all it has in common with the M16 is guts and the look. It is an entirely different weapon, firing a nice small pistol bullet not unlike the one used by our favorite interclass weapons, the 9mm and the Mac-10.

If the M16 look gets you down, then a similar idea was done to the Steyr AUG. This version would also have a scope. Think about that. A Scope on a submachine gun. All the better to help you put syringes on a person at long-range.

So, to keep this from being just an MP7 with a harder hit and a bigger magazine (25 to 32 rounds basic, in fact) and a larger hole in your amount of money, the Colt 9mm/AUG Para have a faster-moving, "fully automatic" dart attachment which instantly heals about 5 health on a hit at base level. The full-auto health dart has no recoil (after all, do you get any recoil for using the MP7's dart?) and no spread, and 15-20% of your gun's syringe pool (which it shares with the MP7).

The obvious downside is that, well, it's good for keeping a steady stream of life going to a person, as the 5-health acts almost instantly, but at the same time it won't help in a pinch.

Alternatively, it could use the entire pool, and heal 25 health right upfront, making the MP7 good for healing during regular combat, and this better for healing in "Oh Shi-" moments.

And for some nice visual aid:

colt_9mm_smg_01.jpg

steyr_04.jpg
gif,GIF89a%12%00%12%00%B3%00%00%FF%FF%FF%F7%F7%EF%CC%CC%CC%BD%BE%BD%99%99%99ZYZRUR%00%00%00%FE%01%02%00%00%00%00%00%00%00%00%00%00%00%00%00%00%00%00%00%00%00%00%00%21%F9%04%04%14%00%FF%00%2C%00%00%00%00%12%00%12%00%00%04X0%C8I%2B%1D8%EB%3D%E4%00%60%28%8A%85%17%0AG*%8C%40%19%7C%00J%08%C4%B1%92%26z%C76%FE%02%07%C2%89v%F0%7Dz%C3b%C8u%14%82V5%23o%A7%13%19L%BCY-%25%7D%A6l%DF%D0%F5%C7%02%85%5B%D82%90%CBT%87%D8i7%88Y%A8%DB%EFx%8B%DE%12%01%00%3B

Last edited:
heals about 5 health

only consumes 5% of your gun's syringe pool

Alternatively, it could use the entire pool, and heal 50 health right upfront

So lemme get this straight, you can do full auto healing up to 100HP in a total charge, or an insta-50HP heal, both taking the whole of the charge... except for the fact that the syringe recharges quite quickly. Level 6 Medics recharge the MP7 syringe to 100% (from 0%) in a second (from what I can deduce). Sorry, but where's the balance in this? You just allowed Medics to heal someone getting pounded on by a Scrake CROWD with this one.

Sorry, but you might need to rethink the balance mechanic of this one a bit more. Might I suggest 5HP from using 15% of the syringe pool?

Upvote 0
So lemme get this straight, you can do full auto healing up to 100HP in a total charge, or an insta-50HP heal, both taking the whole of the charge... except for the fact that the syringe recharges quite quickly. Level 6 Medics recharge the MP7 syringe to 100% (from 0%) in a second (from what I can deduce). Sorry, but where's the balance in this? You just allowed Medics to heal someone getting pounded on by a Scrake CROWD with this one.

Sorry, but you might need to rethink the balance mechanic of this one a bit more. Might I suggest 5HP from using 15% of the syringe pool?

...Pardon me while I ask myself what I was thinking. Perhaps the 15% (or even 20% for 10 health) would be better...

Upvote 0

...Pardon me while I ask myself what I was thinking. Perhaps the 15% (or even 20% for 10 health) would be better...

Upvote 0
Wait, that gives me an idea. A Healbomb/HeaLAW.

Detonates a massive AoE (Rocket or Bomb) healing (serum, gel, magical powder) in a localised area for spot healing for a Medic in close quarters. Could also have Healing grenades too, Medic only, that heal team members (and pacify enraged Skrake/FP's?)

Bit different from another type of gun, but perhaps too strange to work properly. Sorry for hijack, its 3am, and this idea needs to be fleshed out by more competent minds. Have at it!

Upvote 0

Detonates a massive AoE (Rocket or Bomb) healing (serum, gel, magical powder) in a localised area for spot healing for a Medic in close quarters. Could also have Healing grenades too, Medic only, that heal team members (and pacify enraged Skrake/FP's?)

Bit different from another type of gun, but perhaps too strange to work properly. Sorry for hijack, its 3am, and this idea needs to be fleshed out by more competent minds. Have at it!

lol what a priceless idea xD. I was about to rage at the first retarded post but then your healbomb made me lol :p

Upvote 0
A Scope on a submachine gun. All the better to help you put syringes on a person at long-range.

It sounds like you're simply projecting the MP7 in a larger form with the exception that its using a scope, not a sight.

"fully automatic" dart attachment which instantly heals about 5 health on a hit at base level. The full-auto health dart has no recoil (after all, do you get any recoil for using the MP7's dart?) and no spread, and 15-20% of your gun's syringe pool (which it shares with the MP7).

That simply makes the weapon inefficient, it would be far easier using the MP7 to heal. Which would bring this down to simply giving the medic more firepower.

the 5-health acts almost instantly, but at the same time it won't help in a pinch.

Then it deems this weapon pointless from a medics perspective.

Alternatively, it could use the entire pool, and heal 25 health right upfront, making the MP7 good for healing during regular combat, and this better for healing in "Oh Shi-" moments.

So the weapon has 3 firing modes?

-Primary for firing the weapons rounds
-Secondary for firing the automatic healing rounds (5 health per)
-Thirdly for firing a syringe healing for 25 upfront

I'm sorry if I'm missing something or if it seems I'm being a little too blunt but it seems like you haven't thought this through at all.

Upvote 0

I don't see it working. It seems you actually made this post to poke fun at me, and I honestly will try to make my idea seem plausible, and a viable addition to the Medic's arsenal while still being different enough to not too be workable with the Commando or Firebug, our other two Automatic Weapons users, as a more direct combat weapon to the MP7's "Personal Defense Weapon with the ability to heal", since the Medic could stand to have some weapons in its own perk to take advantage of the increasing magazine otherwise expended only on the MP7.

Either of these weapons would still be inferior to the likes of real combat weapons, but would be more useful for actual shooting and "Oh crap I need to heal" moments than the MP7 (depending on which healing method goes forward). It'd probably also be heavier than the MP7, weighing about as much as the Bullpup/AK. I should probably add this to the OP, though.

Upvote 0
Same thing , just smaller.

I sorta figured people would like the AUG Para more because the AUG Para is more obscure. Then again... submachine gun with a scope...

...and as a note, this gun wouldn't have three firing modes, I should have worded it better. One over the other, as in "Which would people prefer". After all, you have to use the sights/scope somehow, correct?

I need to stop coming up with ideas at 3:30 am. It just makes me look stupid, and this isn't SPUF, so it's harder to make my ideas come off as intelligent - GOSH DARN IT YOU GUYS ARE ALL TOO SMART /backhandedcomplement.

Upvote 0
...and as a note, this gun wouldn't have three firing modes, I should have worded it better. One over the other, as in "Which would people prefer". After all, you have to use the sights/scope somehow, correct?

I got what you were trying to say. I was just harping a bit on the balance. I just took a bit of note that the MP7M does 20HP in a 50% charge, so I just did some small math on that to find that to be equivalent, 5HP is 12,5%... but that's better off rounded up to 15%. Reason I would go with a higher energy usage than the MP7M is that it seems you are trying to make this weapon more damaging, but less usable for healing. Kinda like a tradeoff, right?

Good ideas take time. And time you are putting in.

Upvote 0
Either of these weapons would still be inferior to the likes of real combat weapons, but would be more useful for actual shooting and "Oh crap I need to heal" moments than the MP7 (depending on which healing method goes forward). It'd probably also be heavier than the MP7, weighing about as much as the Bullpup/AK. I should probably add this to the OP, though.

So you want to make the medic a more offensive perk with the ability to solo more efficiently also. As well as add more choices to the medics arsenal?

I get what you're saying and I do believe the medic needs something added to its kit, I just don't think it should ever be an offensive perk type. So assault rifles are out of the question, but of course that is just my opinion :)

Upvote 0
Technically, both my suggested weapons are submachine guns, however the fact that they are based on assault rifles probably counts against them. Perhaps I should continue on world.guns.ru's list of SMGs to find something more fitting, which could work as an upgrade to the Personal Defense Weapon the MP7 in terms of firepower, a downgrade in terms of healing ability, and a sidegrade in general. Other weapons (The UMP-9, the MP5, Uzi, the current production of PP2000, etc) could fit the bill just as well.

However the difference between an SMG and an Assault Rifle in a game such as Killing Floor is... well, what they're called, and how they play. We have the Selective Fire Mac-10, which on full auto is wild and uncontrollable but good in a pinch, or very easy to control in Semiauto. It has no stock (and neither does the full-auto-only MP7, which is probably why it needs to be fired in bursts) - well, in terms of use, since the Mac-10 IIRC does have a built in skeleton stock - sort of making the SMG "sterotype" in this game "SMG = Don't shoot full auto".

However both of these weapons, as mentioned have no stock. Thus, should I use a weapon that in turn has no stock in order to make my suggestion more like the other SMGs?

EDIT: An alternative weapon could be the Scorpion SA 361 with a 20 round box mag. Would that be the more preferable weapon?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
world.guns.ru

I'd be careful with that site... every page I'm opening from there Avast tells me it had to block 3 trojans and/or malware.

However both of these weapons, as mentioned have no stock. Thus, should I use a weapon that in turn has no stock in order to make my suggestion more like the other SMGs?

EDIT: An alternative weapon could be the Scorpion SA 361 with a 20 round box mag. Would that be the more preferable weapon?

Honestly I'd rather keep from looking at the weapon at all based on the model until the idea has gotten more fleshed out. In the end, the model isn't what makes or breaks the gun (exception: sight picture) but rather how it balances out with the game.

Upvote 0
The Steyr, I believe, is an Austrian weapon. Closer to Britian/England/UK than America. Colt, I believe is based in America (wasn't it once a British company? Or was that Browning?). I would imagine somewhere in the ol' UK someone would have a Steyr Aug 9mm. Therefor, for sake of say, if a zombie invasion happened... you could logically come across one and use it to defend yourself.

Now, this isn't Left 4 dead, or any form of Zombie "MMO"... and you buy whatever weapons you need. But, the Steyr would fit in this game. It's a bullpup type weapon, like the Commando's cheaper weapon. It also takes the same rounds (you would imagine) as the default pistol. So logically, you would be able to place this gun in the game.

The 9mm M4 variant on the other hand, I don't really see how. Would you be more likely to come across a Colt variant in the UK than a Steyr? I don't know, I'm not British. The Steyr seems more like a logical weapon than the rest. Something about the M4 variant bugs me anyway, it doesn't have a place in the game.

What I'd really like to see in this game though, is a Colt 1911. Although, it doesn't really make sense. It would be the only .45 chambered weapon in the game.

Upvote 0
I'm totally against it... You must be pretty braindead to actually WANT an AR-15 clone in a game that doesn't already have one, and we don't need another bullpup-style weapon.

Instead of looking at the model of the weapon (which the idea can be changed to look at others anyways easily), critique the weapon's function. It's kinda hard for someone to get an idea of what is right or wrong in their idea in terms of balance and such if the only part of the idea that is focused on is the least important part.

Reactions: Lacedaemonius
Upvote 0
Instead of looking at the model of the weapon (which the idea can be changed to look at others anyways easily), critique the weapon's function. It's kinda hard for someone to get an idea of what is right or wrong in their idea in terms of balance and such if the only part of the idea that is focused on is the least important part.

Kinda hard when the whole suggestion is based _around_ a gun model they want added, instead of designing a suggestion based on _details/functionality_

Upvote 0