• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Medic Shotgun Ideas

Darena Bryant

FNG / Fresh Meat
Jun 14, 2018
I was looking at the changes being made to the medic shotgun, and wanted to give my opinion on how it works for me, to offer some insight into it.

As it is, the gun seems to suffer from two issues: not enough pellets per shot, and inaccuracy.

When you fire it in up close situations, especially at things like Crawlers at your feet, the gun seems to almost comically miss the target unless you fire multiple shots or 'aim low' (I guess you could call this leading the target). With the number of pellets coming out of the gun, this is pretty hard to believe.

As far as damage goes, there's definitely something to be desired there, as I can sometimes hit a low level zed like a Gorefast with all the pellets from a shot at point blank, and they just get momentarily paused. Comparing this to the starting Support shotgun, which would send the same monster flying across the screen, and you get the idea.

I think adding more pellets would make the gun more effective for coverage and overall damage. I think at current it fires 5 or 6 pellets at a time, and that feels low for a shotgun. Allowing for a more even spread of pellets with each shot would help with the accuracy as well. Sometimes they all bunch up at an angle that sends them everywhere but at the zeds, even at close range, and though I know shotguns aren't accurate at range, close up this shouldn't be a problem.

I think you've missed the changelog for the update.

The damage got increased from 20x6 to 25x6, which surpasses the damage of sg500 and AA12 per shell.
Not sure about inaccuracy chief, the hm3 always had a decent accuracy... so i guess you have to work on your lead game to hit the shots (remember, shotgun pellets are projectile and not a hitscan)

Upvote 0