• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Medic Perk rendered useless l Suggestions!

TheGameexe

Grizzled Veteran
Jul 9, 2009
Evening!

I have been playing KF since the day it was released on steam (noob to the mod, but not to the actual retail game itself).

The medic class was practically the best due to the fact, you could move extremely fast and get away from almost anything (kiting).

Due to the new patch, kiting has been removed, rendering the perk, useless.
The park has no major advantages as would its other perks.

My suggestion is this. Bring back the 'kiting' in this perk. Medics need to 'kite' due to the fact that they are medics and they need to get where they need to go in a short span of time rather than be bum-rushed by a gorefast.

My other suggestion is to implement a weapon for the medic class; an MP5 or a SMG of any king would work extremely well, seeing that the medic class isn't technically a 'offensive' perk. It's simply to stop a little short wave (2-4 specimens) at once to help the needy.

Too long didn't read?
Bring back kiting and implement a new weapon for the medic class. It's useless without kiting or a weapon.

They just released this patch almost entirely to stop kiting, I don't think they'll put it back in even for one class.

That said, I'd love for the Medic to specialize in the Bullpup, since those shortened carbine rifles were made for medics, vehicle crews, and other soldiers who aren't front-line infantry. Maybe even move their armor bonus to Berserker.

Then the Commando could specialize in a full-sized assault rifle, like the L85, FAL, or even the rumored AK47 and/or M14.

Upvote 0
Bring back kiting? are you serious? this game is supposed to be fun not easy. Kiting is for noobs who don't care about how fun the game is they only care if they win or not. Don't be stupid, they'll never bring back kiting. This game is about teamwork.

And the medic is NOT useless. Guess what the medic is best for? BEING A MEDIC. HEALING PEOPLE. Guess what? the medic is not a rambo perk anymore. not happy with that? then stop playing KF. I said it once i'll say it again, this game is about teamwork.

The medic perk was the best because it was cheap. So you're asking TWI to bring back a cheap aspect to the game so you can continue to not have to utilize teamwork elements to win? fat chance.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Bring back kiting? are you serious? this game is supposed to be fun not easy. Kiting is for noobs who don't care about how fun the game is they only care if they win or not. Don't be stupid, they'll never bring back kiting. This game is about teamwork.

And the medic is NOT useless. Guess what the medic is best for? BEING A MEDIC. HEALING PEOPLE. Guess what? the medic is not a rambo perk anymore. not happy with that? then stop playing KF. I said it once i'll say it again, this game is about teamwork.

The medic perk was the best because it was cheap. So you're asking TWI to bring back a cheap aspect to the game so you can continue to not have to utilize teamwork elements to win? fat chance.

Though I agree with the substance of this post, I have to ask: lol u mad?

Upvote 0
You really have no clue what the point of a medic is, do you?

His increased speed is supposed to help him get to wounded team mates faster or catch up with running ones, not to enable him to be lame and kite everything.

People were playing medic just because he was fast and not actually, y'know, healing people, so they toned down his speed.

Please don't play medic again until you figure out what the class is for. If you think it's useless, then by all means don't play medic and let people who actually want to heal play medic.

Upvote 0
Okay. To response with the whole 'kiting' thing. Let me ask you something. One out of ten servers are teams that have two or three rambo's that stick together and leave the rest to fend to themselves. The 'teamwork' isn't really teamwork.

I used 'kiting' strictly for getting to another team mate to heal them. I don't know what you guys were doing, but that's what I did, but I understand a single little attribute cannot be added back because I actually used it for its advantage and not for out-running the patriarch.

Anyhow, so keep it at that. Leave kiting out. I still stand with the new weapon proposal beyond and criticism from anyone. The whole 'dual cannon and hunting shotgun' technique is getting to be a bit bland.

TLDR?
Keep kiting out. I still want a gun for the class.

T_T? Rage quit from my thread if you don't know how to give criticism without going over-board with the whole 'emo' theme. Thanks.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Okay. To response with the whole 'kiting' thing. Let me ask you something. One out of ten servers are teams that have two or three rambo's that stick together and leave the rest to fend to themselves. The 'teamwork' isn't really teamwork.

I used 'kiting' strictly for getting to another team mate to heal them. I don't know what you guys were doing, but that's what I did, but I understand a single little attribute cannot be added back because I actually used it for its advantage and not for out-running the patriarch.

Anyhow, so keep it at that. Leave kiting out. I still stand with the new weapon proposal beyond and criticism from anyone. The whole 'dual cannon and hunting shotgun' technique is getting to be a bit bland.

TLDR?
Keep kiting out. I still want a gun for the class.

T_T? Rage quit from my thread if you don't know how to give criticism without going over-board with the whole 'emo' theme. Thanks.

That's how many people used to play and you are not the first to complain about this. If it seems like i'm pissed it's because i'm pissed at having to repeat myself so much, i don't know you so what reason do i have to be mad at only you. But face facts, nobody is on your side and even TWI isn't. The whole point of the last update was to stop this kind of gameplay. And if you are simply coping with rambo'ers then find a better server to play on, cuz I see plenty of servers with good team players. But no, medics will not be put back to the designated "rambo speedy" class.

lol emo. you're funny. :rolleyes:

on a lighter note. i do support medics getting a better gun selection.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
The medic was so overkill before, im glad they lowered it's increased speed. Before you could easily outrun pretty much everything, even on small maps like biotics. And take quite alot of damage with the armour and heal himself 50% faster than normal people heal each other and 50% more. Making him a damn fast wall of meat xD no serious it was like the weightglitch in the mod, if you've played it.
And what's funny is that you don't need to be medic to heal each other. I mean all classes can heal other and them selves. Sure medic is the fastest, but if you're healing each other you don't actually need the medics speedupgrades in syringe, you can without problem stay at 100 all the time. It's only good for healing yourself. (I hope you get me right now^^)

I dont wanna see a gun to the medic class, in that case it would be a gun like 9mm or so.

Upvote 0
Evening!

I have been playing KF since the day it was released on steam (noob to the mod, but not to the actual retail game itself).

The medic class was practically the best due to the fact, you could move extremely fast and get away from almost anything (kiting).

This resulted in teams of 6 field medics being the ONLY viable solution to beating suicidal difficulty. People played medics not to heal their teammates, but to run away from everything while holding a shotgun. This made the game boring kite-fests and was akin to a circle jerk.

Due to the new patch, kiting has been removed, rendering the perk, useless.
The park has no major advantages as would its other perks.

Except that your syringe recharges at an outrageous rate at ranks 3 and higher, and that you're a HUGE asset to the team if you're actually doing your job and healing people instead of "KILLAN ZOMBEHS". Seriously, you see a fleshpound rampaging toward your teammates? Throw yourself in that direction and spam heal them while they're fighting (not after). Medics should be taking pot shots at specimens, but their main focus should be healing the team.

So far, it seems that the Syringe hitbox is still a little bit screwed up. I was playing as a medic last night and I noticed MANY times where it looked like my syringe was dead on but no healing took place. This is one of the only things that is holding back the field medic perk right now aside from downtime between heals.

My suggestion is this. Bring back the 'kiting' in this perk. Medics need to 'kite' due to the fact that they are medics and they need to get where they need to go in a short span of time rather than be bum-rushed by a gorefast.
No, they don't. Kiting only encourages medics to stray from their healing duties. You should be staying behind your team and keeping them going. Medics are not, and should not be, an offensive or super speedy perk.

My other suggestion is to implement a weapon for the medic class; an MP5 or a SMG of any king would work extremely well, seeing that the medic class isn't technically a 'offensive' perk. It's simply to stop a little short wave (2-4 specimens) at once to help the needy.

The AK-47, M79 Grenade Launcher, and Katana skins were revealed in a weapon skin file. The perk doesn't need a specific weapon bonus. I agree that the class is lacking a specialized "niche" for downtime between heals, but I've already made several posts in regards to that topic.

The most up to date medic idea I've posted:
http://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/showthread.php?t=34143[url]http://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/showthread.php?t=34143[/URL]

Upvote 0

You can still kite the game with a berzerker :cool: or even better a support lvl5 with chainsaw, hunting shottie and 1 handcanon.

Upvote 0
Think of it this way. What does the perk do? You can still heal people if you were the perk or not.

medics heal people WAY faster then any other perk especially at lvl 3 and up. a medic healing is far more valuable then a non-medic healing during a tight situation and will get you back to full health rather then only partially full from another perk healing you.

I think you are only thinking of healing other teammates as something people only do after a wave is over. That may be true when it comes to all other perks but not medics. They were designed to heal people during the heat of the battle. Why do you think TWI made them have a speed bonus in the first place? not so they could outrun specimens, but so they could catch up to players who are on the move and need healing.

obviously some people don't like playing medics (at least now that they cant rambo as well) because they like doing lots of dmg and care more about killing stuff. Well then, don't play as the medic then xD
Whereas, if you're like ME, you enjoy being a team supporter and helping the dmg dealers with their efforts like stopping and taking time to check how everyones health is and actively seeking out people who seem like they're in a bad situation and need a health boost.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Think of it this way. What does the perk do? You can still heal people if you were the perk or not. It needs something to distinguish itself from other perks..

You mean like vastly improved healing? Faster recharging syringes? Yeah, that would be cool if the medic could, like, heal much better than anyone else!

Oh, wait...he already can! Plus he is hard to kill because of his armor bonuses.

As I said, before, if you don't intend to spend much of the round healing, don't play medic. The healing ability of a medic is far beyond the healing ability of a non-medic. Healing is the medic's purpose. Any other bonuses are just icing on the cake.

You still don't seem to understand the point of the medic.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
There should be a message that says "HEAL THE MEDIC WHO IS HEALING YOU" that takes up most of the screen when you're within 5km of a medic because people outside of my brother / his friends don't heal back :(, meaning I have to heal myself and take away their heals ( despite level 3 recharge rates making it so I can do it faster and better than them :S ) and they get mad and unhappy that I was too busy bringing myself back up from 30 health and they want topped off and 80 something.

Upvote 0
There should be a message that says "HEAL THE MEDIC WHO IS HEALING YOU" that takes up most of the screen when you're within 5km of a medic because people outside of my brother / his friends don't heal back :(, meaning I have to heal myself and take away their heals ( despite level 3 recharge rates making it so I can do it faster and better than them :S ) and they get mad and unhappy that I was too busy bringing myself back up from 30 health and they want topped off and 80 something.

I know what you mean. When I'm low on health I have to decide whether I want to heal myself or risk healing them and not being healed back. On most public games where I don't know the other players I usually choose to heal myself, or at least I give them a chance early on in the game and if they don't reciprocate I don't bother unless they really need it.

Upvote 0