• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Medic Perk: 30% less recoil *ALL WEAPONS*

Is bloat bile so much a 'problem' that Medic needs that reduced? Medic already has great armor.
How often are Medics really getting hit it?? That seems pointless to me, so I guess we should remove it!

And what you call a "pointless addition" other people are calling an overpowered buff that will take medic Over 9000.
One faction saying it's pointless and another saying it's overpowering is absurd. OMG, maybe it's somewhere in-between! :confused:

You said you always carry a HC or AK so that's something other MP7... but if you mean a brand new medic weapon then how is that any different than what I'm after, other than potentially being more powerful, or more complicated? Lots of people here already are saying medic should do nothing more than be a heal-slave, so I seriously doubt those people would support a new medic weapon.

Unless you mean yet another way to heal people. Now THAT would be a "pointless addition".

Alright screw being polite.

Other people may think that a recoil reduction would make the medic overpowered. I on the otherhand am convinced that a recoil reduction is useless. Not one time in my KF career have I ever thought "You know what would be useful here? A recoil reduction". If you can't use weapons without a recoil reduction, your just poor at the game.

The only guns you may even argue that you need it for are the M14 or the Scar, and guess what, you as a Medic are NOT SUPPOSED TO USE THEM. Why do you think the cost is so high? Sure you can acquire them from other players or use perk changing to your advantage, but lets face it, if you need the damage of these weapons to survive you suck anyway.

All I wanted in terms of a new weapon is a gun I can actually conserve ammo on a little. Mp7 fires too fast. Recoil isn't a problem at all, its the simple fact I have to fire at least 2 or 3 bullets for each click. Damage can be the same for all I care, I would just like a little more control of how much ammo I'm burning through. I didn't go into detail because there has already been a huge discussion about potential new medic weapons so I wasn't going to derail this thread with it.

And finally Bloat bile is extremely dangerous to anyone without armour, and before the Mp7 the medic only had a med syringe meaning he was always in the thick of combat getting spat on alot. Proper medics use combinations of both the Mp7 and the syringe, as the syringe is simply more reliable for hit detection, and the bloat acid resistance is always in effect, whereas better armour is useless once its depleted. Therefore the resistance is still useful.

If you want to convince me that adding a recoil reduction to the medic is a good idea, give me 1 good reason why he should have it. I never needed it, no one else never needed it, and most good medics tend to pick any weapon they fancy, like flamethrowers, nade launchers, or even a LAW from time to time. This is because his primary role is to heal, so a medic can pick pretty much any back up weapon he likes. He is probably the only class people won't lay into if he is dicking about with another weapon.

Not a bad suggestion, bad attitude.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Looks like OP needs to attend a debate class or two. Only small minds can't hold a discussion without insulting the opposing party.

Too true

And also why politicians have small minds :D

But really, why is everyone taking this so seriously?

Why the bad attitudes by both parties?

I mean, I get debate, but lets at least pretend this isnt the internet

Upvote 0
I liked bswearers idea for the bullpup... even though I hate that gun, and I liked the Mp5 idea, but as long as it was a solid reliable weapon that I can 1 bullet with, I'm happy :)

i like you ;):)

as for "universal" reduced recoil....possibly for the medic's actual weapons (currently just the mp7, HOPEFULLY for the bullpup too if it went to the medic), but NOT for all weapons. why? it's unnessisary. the medic shouldn't be worrying about buying say, a katana or crossbow, or even something like a SCAR and have to be concerned about recoil. his job is to heal. he has 1 weapon (with low recoil) to defend himself and hopefully will get another weapon like the bullpup (also low recoil) to give him a slight boost at killing. perhaps recoil reduction for those weapons, but there's no need to further encourage medics to be buying/using non-perk weapons.

Upvote 0
Nothing chaps me more than a commando that flips out his syringe to heal himself of 10 hitpoints when he should be killing a barrage of incoming zeds. That's why I, as a medic, am standing right behind you.
omg this happens to other people too THAT IS SO ANNOYING D:

Heal-slave... so long as people are hell-bent on getting the most kills
:(

It's kinda sad that people fall into cognitive traps like this, really, kinda telling what our priorities are as a species. (Even as someone who regularly plays med it gets me sometimes.)

That all said, I reserve every right to go around killing stuff as a medic. It's really more a matter of playing in good faith - as I'm not level 6 yet there's a slight incentive for me to let people get hurt just so I can heal them, which seems to me a bit perverse if I do in fact have the ability to take out a zed before it can get at anyone. That... and sometimes people just plain don't need healing for long stretches of time. :|

EDIT: Reducing the recoil on the MP7 would turn it into, like, a recoilless laser gun or something. o_O

Last edited:
Reactions: -[SiN]-bswearer
Upvote 0
What _Duke_ wants is universal recoil so that he can use other weapons and not just sticking with the usual boring weapons(katana, crossbow). The current medic perk allow the medic to take some serious damage and able to heal himself and his squad effectively and also allow him to slaughter anything except for fleshpound and patriarch. He explained that adding 30% recoil reduction to the medic doesn't overshadow the commando's 45% recoil and sharpshooter's 75% recoil but that is incorrect.

We all know that recoil is the only reason stopping people from firing too rapidly and with 75% recoil for sharpshooter they can easily take down all the specimens on his screen without needing to aim carefully. 30% reduction may not be much but it will encourage people to use other weapons not intended for their recommended usage.

You might be thinking the current medic already uses katana and crossbow and both of them are non-medic weapon so why can't i use other weapons too? The reason is simple because both of them are good at taking down specimens without having recoil issues. If you were to suggest this idea it will encourage medic to pick up other weapons and abusing them for perks leveling.

To put it simple your idea will cause medic to become too versatile causing other perks to lose it usefulness. Even if u nerf the other stats of medic and put in the recoil reduction it will never be a good nerf/update.

Upvote 0
I just thought that the katana was good for the med because it was the best melee weapon and the med's armour discount, quick healing and speed bonus make the perk more efficient in a chaotic melee (esp. more so than berserker which is much more fragile and, in comparison, limited to doing precision strikes on known targets).

And the crossbow simply because the med isn't busy taking out littler zeds (there's the crawlers but not if you've got a firebug or a commando on the team) and so can keep an eye out for the big game.

Otherwise I don't see why a med can't do just as well with any other weapon.

Upvote 0
Well mista J, i agree with you. :IS2:

As a Medic i'm the DM (designated marksman) in the team, and i switch between my MP7 and Xbow when it's needed. The MP7 really shouldn't be used in such a way as to warrant a recoil reduction, the 9mm doesn't shoot fast enough to warrant a recoil reduction, the Xbow has no noticable recoil and as with any Commando weapon, you shouldn't really be using the full-auto fire fully. Bursts are what you should be using.

In my experience as a Medic, there is no need for an increase in recoil reduction. 0% is fine.

EDIT:
Looks like OP needs to attend a debate class or two. Only small minds can't hold a discussion without insulting the opposing party.

Ad hominen fallacy am i correct?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I already abuse my lvl 6 medic to level berserker because battle medics are clearly better berserkers than actual berserkers. I still heal people when i see they need it. but mostly it's just chopping time with the katana and crossbow. =D

Medics are just so great at multiclassing. We all live so long in our kevlar cocoon and then depending on the conditions in the environment, we mature from medic to demic, medando, zerdic, suppic, firebic or dickshooter.

We can do anything almost as well as any other class because we live so long and get so much money to support our growth.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Medics are just so great at multiclassing. We all live so long in our kevlar cocoon and then depending on the conditions in the environment, we mature from medic to demic, medando, zerdic, suppic, firebic and dickshooter.

We can do anything almost as well as any other class because we live so long and get so much money to support out growth.

lol dickshooter.

Upvote 0
The MP7 really can't be used in such a way as to warrant a recoil reduction
Fix'd. (seriously I use that and kat and xbow for a few games and I am shocked when I try to fire any other gun.)

Also, seconding Candlejack's lollin'.

EDIT: It took me this long to notice the Pokemon connection here.

Last edited:
Upvote 0