• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

PC Medic dart doesn't work sometimes.

Alex)(Andra

Grizzled Veteran
May 9, 2015
Category: Code, animation, other, don't know...

Reproducibility: Sometimes

Summary: Sometimes, the healing dart never reach the target, or is not fired at all.

Description: I don't know why, but sometimes, even if the target is right in front of you, with not a single obstacle between you and the player to heal, the dart shot from your medic weapon just... Disappear.
It doesn't reach the target, I have no healing notification, the HP bar of the player doesn't fill. Even if I shoot a second, or a third dart, it won't reach the target.
I have to move, change my shooting angle, and THEN the dart work.

This happen to someone else ? As full time medic, this is very annoying to see people dying just because you can't heal them :(

Online/Offline: Online (Well, you don't heal anyone offline...)

Edit : Template
+ Video : https://youtu.be/Ud2gYgWrTu4 (From a new post bellow)
+ The "dart goes to a 45

Last edited:
i so agree

i so agree

I have had the same issue and it happens more often then not. Often I have to switch to another gun just for the dart to hit and register. Especially when on the run the darts don't hit and then I again I have to switch gun take off toggle run just to hit the person. And forget about being close to your team mate it won't hit the target at all but still gives cooldown. This gets really annoying and according to site you hit them dead on. I wonder if this is a bug or something I am doing wrong.

Upvote 0
I'm a lvl 25 Medic... Once you hear that *chirp* (which means that you've locked on), shoot. However, if the player jumps away or otherwise moves too far your dart will miss. Zeds (sometimes?) and geometry (always) will block darts. I have at times missed the *chirp* by milliseconds and shot darts over players heads and over shoulders... at point blank range! It is after all a guided dart, not heat seeking. My point being, I personally don't think it's a bug but rather how the mechanics of it all actually works.

Upvote 0
It's a bug when you're at 2 meters from your teammate who is crouch and doesn't move, without a single thing between you, and the dart just disappear like magic.

But, I noticed that sometimes this bug happen when, for exemple : in Biotics Lab.
I'm on one side of a door, in the room, and my mate on the other side, in the corridor.
In this situation in particular, I have the bug. Maybe the door collision is still operational, even if it is open ?

Upvote 0
It's hard for me to capture the "weird angle dart" bug because I have to record in 1080p if I want people to be able to see something on the video, and my game is laggy when recording at 1080p...

But I had something. It's not what I expected, but that's all I have for now : https://youtu.be/DOtAvZKPVEY

Compare the crosshair position, and where the dart is going.
This, can happen even if the weapon is locked on a player, with the "blip" sound and the square on the screen.
But I noticed that it seems to happen only in ZED time... (I'm not sure about that)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I've been trying to reproduce this issue but haven't had any luck. Playing on Dedicated Server, Level 25 Medic, shooting darts. Dart connects with target every time (unless I'm not locked on and miss.) Do you have any more solid reproduction for this?

Thanks.

For the first problem (dart doens't reach target), there is some specific spot where the bug seems to appear more often, like the one on the video.
The side you are doesn't matter, you can be next to the truck for example, trying to heal someone where I am in the video (in the small passage).

For the second (the weird angle), try to be in ZED Time, doing a quick mouse move, and shoot a dart when moving the mouse.
Maybe there is a delay between the crosshair position and the dart, and it's shot on an old position.

Upvote 0
It seems you didn't watched my second video. Watch it, and tell me how far I was from my target.

Sometimes, it happen when my target is at... 1 meter from me (with the auto-lock, not like my video, it was just an example)

Yes, sometimes I fail to heal players at very close range too. That's why I say I dont even know if I miss my shot or they really got out of lock range.

Upvote 0
Well, I don't have more ideas... It appear to be very random (for the first one).
Try to heal someone inside the "edge" of a door (I don't know the good english word for that), happens more often in Biotics Lab with all the doors.

The second is more likely in ZED time as I said (with fast mouse movement).

Upvote 0